And the meaning of this is what, exactly?

Khan

since the line going thru is red and not black, I'm going with 41. it's really 41 years since the first album tour..

I think they are counting from Neil's joining the band. Probably as a convenient way to call this "R 40" instead of the awkward "R 41."

since the line going thru is red and not black, I'm going with 41. it's really 41 years since the first album tour..

I think they are counting from Neil's joining the band. Probably as a convenient way to call this "R 40" instead of the awkward "R 41."

But Neil joined 41 years ago, in 1974.

But Neil joined 41 years ago, in 1974.

True! But I knew I read somewhere that the "excuse" to call this R40 was based on some loose idea about Neil joining later. Serves me right for reading something in Rolling Stone: "The tour commemorates the 40th anniversary of drummer Neil Peart joining the band, even though that actually happened in 1974."

http://www.rollingst...2#ixzz3aEMJD4yP

Edited by AlanP

I think it means that there are actually four members of the band, but the original Geddy was replaced by a look-alike during the Hold Your Fire sessions (since the slash mark is red and so is the HYF album cover). Has anyone else noticed that unexplained scar on Geddy's lip? It's something to think about.

I think it means that there are actually four members of the band, but the original Geddy was replaced by a look-alike during the Hold Your Fire sessions (since the slash mark is red and so is the HYF album cover). Has anyone else noticed that unexplained scar on Geddy's lip? It's something to think about.

And you hear them say "I buried Geddy" at the end of High Water.....

And you hear them say "I buried Geddy" at the end of High Water.....

That's strange. I thought that's about the time they buried Alex (in the mix, at least).

• Like 1

Agree. Four heavy black lines = 10 years each. One thin red line = 1 additional year. Since it is actually R41.