Question about the drum kit on this tour

x1yyz

He doesn't play both basses all of the time....he does use his hihat...

Not sure I get what you're looking for?

I've now seen two shows from this tour, and every time I've looked at the kit he has never been playing the second bass, which is why I was asking if it was just for show.

Haven't a clue as to the answer to your question but I hope you had a great time at the show... :)

I did, thank you. It wasn't quite as good as Tulsa, mostly because how could anything compete with seeing all that as it was unveiled?! But just as I was wondering if all this travel was worth the effort the band came onstage and I realized that yes, it is.

Now I'm at the airport on my way to Austin, where I visit a friend and see another show :D

Dang I wish you were coming to Atlanta. Would love to meet you... :dweez:

It would be great to meet you as well. Are you sure you can't make it to Austin tomorrow night? :D

Don't I wish... :D

get a room, you two.... :kisshug:

:LMAO: :laughing yellow guy: :LOLsign:

We are both married... :codger: :D-13:

Then when people see you together, they won't question the rings! :popcorn:

He doesn't play both basses all of the time....he does use his hihat...

Not sure I get what you're looking for?

I've now seen two shows from this tour, and every time I've looked at the kit he has never been playing the second bass, which is why I was asking if it was just for show.

Haven't a clue as to the answer to your question but I hope you had a great time at the show... :)

I did, thank you. It wasn't quite as good as Tulsa, mostly because how could anything compete with seeing all that as it was unveiled?! But just as I was wondering if all this travel was worth the effort the band came onstage and I realized that yes, it is.

Now I'm at the airport on my way to Austin, where I visit a friend and see another show :D

Dang I wish you were coming to Atlanta. Would love to meet you... :dweez:

It would be great to meet you as well. Are you sure you can't make it to Austin tomorrow night? :D

Don't I wish... :D

get a room, you two.... :kisshug:

:LMAO: :laughing yellow guy: :LOLsign:

We are both married... :codger: :D-13:

Then when people see you together, they won't question the rings! :popcorn:

I haven't worn one in many years. No tan line there either... :LOL:

So tonight (in Austin) I was able to answer my own question -- yes, the second bass drums does get used, and quite a bit. I paid a lot more attention to Neil during this show, and I saw him using the second kick on Tom Sawyer, Jacob's Ladder, at least one of the Cygnuses, Closer to the Heart, 2112, Working Man, and maybe others as well. How did I miss that the previous two times I saw them? Maybe I missed it because it doesn't play the whole songs on double bass, just bits here and there.
  • Like 2

So tonight (in Austin) I was able to answer my own question -- yes, the second bass drums does get used, and quite a bit. I paid a lot more attention to Neil during this show, and I saw him using the second kick on Tom Sawyer, Jacob's Ladder, at least one of the Cygnuses, Closer to the Heart, 2112, Working Man, and maybe others as well. How did I miss that the previous two times I saw them? Maybe I missed it because it doesn't play the whole songs on double bass, just bits here and there.

You non drummers. ha ha just kiddin. Neil has always been that type of player. Using double bass just in fills and such. It's only on the last 13 years or so that I would call him a true double bass player. Even Neil will tell you that one of the reasons he went to double pedal in the first place is because he wasn't using the second bass drum all that much. Good to see his playing always evolving and good to see double bass pop up in sometimes unexpected places.

• Like 1

I had another question about his kit for the first set kit… this may seem like a random question for something so small…. but for that little trigger electronic pad that he has right in front of him which he has used for several tours for triggering samples like Roll the Bones… I noticed this tour its blue red and white from what I believe… reminded me of the logo for The Who. Is this intentional? I know he was a massive who fan but kind seemed random to do that.. anybody know?

EDIT: This is what I am referring to.

https://www.pinteres...64903636947855/

Edited by mrfriendly

I had another question about his kit for the first set kit… this may seem like a random question for something so small…. but for that little trigger electronic pad that he has right in front of him which he has used for several tours for triggering samples like Roll the Bones… I noticed this tour its blue red and white from what I believe… reminded me of the logo for The Who. Is this intentional? I know he was a massive who fan but kind seemed random to do that.. anybody know?

EDIT: This is what I am referring to.

https://www.pinteres...64903636947855/

It says custom, so I guess it's possible that it was inspired by the Who. I use a couple of those live and mine are black. Good thing it's mostly hidden as I find the red, white, blue bullseye kind of ugly to be honest. ha

So like him not to have a dummy drum...