Geddy's voice on this tour??

nicky6

The problem really lies with the fanatics who are afraid to sound the tiniest bit critical or are so full of Kool aid they cannot be objective.

"Problem"?

I think some people have an unhealthy obsession with the band. Not being able to be objective or intellectually honest is a problem in my world.

the fans that declared Snakes and Arrows "THE BESTEST RUSH ALBUM SINCE MOVING PICTURES!!! OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST MUSIC IVE EVER HEARD!!!" when it first came out come to mind :facepalm: :laughing guy:

Those folks do exist?... :huh: I have never met one but I have no Rush friends except for here...

I've heard it more with CA than I ever did with S&A. That's even scarier.

Well, it certainly was epic redemption for Snakes, you must admit :LOL:

Edited by satchmothesnowdog
  • Like 2

The problem really lies with the fanatics who are afraid to sound the tiniest bit critical or are so full of Kool aid they cannot be objective.

"Problem"?

I think some people have an unhealthy obsession with the band. Not being able to be objective or intellectually honest is a problem in my world.

the fans that declared Snakes and Arrows "THE BESTEST RUSH ALBUM SINCE MOVING PICTURES!!! OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST MUSIC IVE EVER HEARD!!!" when it first came out come to mind :facepalm: :laughing guy:

Those folks do exist?... :huh: I have never met one but I have no Rush friends except for here...

Not particularly. I like S&A's much more than CA.

• Like 1

"Problem"?

I'll have to make a note to self to listen to Snakes again one of these months...
  • Like 1

"Problem"?

Me too. CA=Major step down

]

IMO.

Mick

• Like 1

"Problem"?

That's cool. We all have different tastes. if we didn't we'd be Beiber fans :)

"Problem"?

Oh gad, that would be hell! :LOL:

• Like 2

"Problem"?

At this point, everybody knows Clockwork Angels is way superior.

"Problem"?

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/beeler.gif
  • Like 2

"Problem"?

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/beeler.gif

Killer rabbit! Killer rabbit! :LOL:

• Like 1

Superior to Moving Pictures?

Who is this guy? :)

To Snakes and Arrows and Vapor Trails.

• Like 1

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

I agree it's a vastly better effort than VT.

But I'm probably in the minority in thinking SnA is a better album than CA.

I loved SnA!

I loved SnA!

me too. it's the only later day Rush album i really enjoy.

Mick

• Like 1

I loved SnA!

Snakes and Arrows while it was a MAJOR improvement from the grunge/death metal attempt that was Vapor Trails, I felt it still suffered from what I like to call "Nickelback/Death Magnetic syndrome" where it's still horribly brickwalled in terms of sound, but I feel the songs were more melodic and catchy than Vapor Trails.

Clockwork Angels on the other hand, while it still sounds like Death Magnetic at some points, it has FAR superior songwriting. Hell, the title track is one of Rush's best heavy metal songs. Also, this was Rush's first attempt at a full theme album/rock opera like Dream Theater's Metropolis II Scenes From A Memory and it definitley was impressive.

"Problem"?

I'll have to make a note to self to listen to Snakes again one of these months...

Self loathing is not a good thing. Although if the month is in 2082 it might be an acceptable plan.

• Like 1

"Problem"?

Self loathing is not a good thing. Although if the month is in 2082 it might be an acceptable plan.

I like the way you think. I will never forget attending the S & A's show with my son and the older nerds (which I guess I am one) going on and on about its greatness. The more you listen the more brilliant it is blah blah blah. My son was giving me the running commentary. I sat there like a lump till they got to the good stuff. When the first notes of Natural Science were strummed my son and I looked at each other and high fived and honestly it gives me chills just penning this thinking about it. I will be going it alone this coming show but from what I have seen so far it should be an emotional experience for me. This journey started all alone and appears it will end that way... :)
  • Like 1

Would it help Ged a little if Lakeside Park was tuned down a step? Curious as to how that might sound. Any thoughts from forum musicians? Edited by Moose

Would it help Ged a little if Lakeside Park was tuned down a step? Curious as to how that might sound. Any thoughts from forum musicians?

I think it is.

For those of you who are Bitching about Geddy's voice, go listen to David Lee Roth. Now thats Brutal.

And Diamond Dipstick never even did sing. He talked through songs, sometimes a bit faster than others and had the occasional shriek and yell. Geddy actually sang and still sings.

Dave should go hide somewhere

I loved SnA!

Snakes and Arrows while it was a MAJOR improvement from the grunge/death metal attempt that was Vapor Trails, I felt it still suffered from what I like to call "Nickelback/Death Magnetic syndrome" where it's still horribly brickwalled in terms of sound, but I feel the songs were more melodic and catchy than Vapor Trails.

Clockwork Angels on the other hand, while it still sounds like Death Magnetic at some points, it has FAR superior songwriting. Hell, the title track is one of Rush's best heavy metal songs. Also, this was Rush's first attempt at a full theme album/rock opera like Dream Theater's Metropolis II Scenes From A Memory and it definitley was impressive.

In no way.

Is Rush.

Heavy Metal.

At any time.

In their history.

PSA #345. :)

To each to their own, but SnA is clearly a better Rush album than CA. :)

• Like 1