Months of Rehearsal?

Rush85dude

Then Geddy made a mistake saying they never played Jacobs Ladder live on opening night. I heard the into to it one their third show where he said "I'm told we haven't played this song in a long time"

Geddy made a talking mistake. Just pathetic, don't these guy's rehearse anything? :huh:

You made a punctuation mistake. You incorrectly used an apostrophe in "guys".

I'm never talking to you again! :gumby:

I realized that after I posted it but was waiting for some arrogant person to come along and point it out. :P
  • Like 1

Don't be so harsh,to judge..athletes makes mistakes,drop balls,strike out.i saw Joshua bell world class violinists,drop a few notes live in concert.it happens all the time.now with media utube you can watch the mistakes over and over,seems like a big deal,but it's not.its what you do after the mistake that really matters.play on Rush!
  • Like 2

Alex looks REALLY stiff playing Xanadu, for some reason... The volume pedal part is just so.... AWKWARD.... And just the way he's holding the guitar.... But, hey... I know he's got some arthritis problems in his fingers, and it almost looks as he is AFRAID to mess up, probably for that reason.... This tour, I couldn't care less about flubs (That "Between The Wheels" solo from Lincoln wasn't pretty, and it just looked like Alex completely lost his place and forgot where he was... Or just plain forgot the solo....)... Like Neil messed up the fill in Natural Science, the other night.... I think it makes them all the more lovable this tour... They're having fun playing all that old stuff, on those CLASSIC instruments.... And they did it for US..... I give credit to Neil for just getting out of his comfort zone (Or uncomfortable zone, depending of what opinion whe have of his new setup and style) and to go back to playing the old kit!! HOW incredibly cool is that!!! I can say as a drummer myself too, that it's not that obvious switching setups like that ..... Playing Jacob's Ladder and Xanadu might not be too bad, since he never or barely played them on the new kit, but Tom Sawyer, and Natural Science got plenty of performances on the new setup, so it might be hard to revert to the old tom placement for the fills.....

I just listened to Natural Science from the St-Paul boot... I think Neil dropped his stick before the fill... There's only one hand hitting the timbale.

Those opening arpeggios in Cygnus X-1 are really tricky to play. I'd rather hear the mistakes than watch miming which Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood are obviously doing.

I have watched all the shows on Periscope when they were happening. Yep, they have made flubs. Maybe we notice it more because we are watching every night as it happens. But seriously... these are songs they haven't played in years. I believe they are playing them because they have heard the fans ask for them for so long and they fit the concept of this tour.

With this set list(s) they are playing I give them a wide margin for error. I am just happy they are playing the stuff they are playing. Personally I'd rather hear these songs with a mistake here and there than the same old songs from the last decade done note perfect every night.

And, despite a few mistakes, they are REALLY bringing it.

• Like 2

The mistakes are probably why they wouldn't want a copy of the show after the concert. They are perfectionists. If they make a mistake during the show, the audience may notice but will move on. With a recording it's heard over and over and then analyzed to death.

I was going to go but after hearing Alex make a mistake on Zanadu, I've sold my ticket. I have no patience for mistakes!

That is the exact same reason why I will never read another one of your posts.

I kind of assumed people would know I was joking, but sometimes humor, especially unfunny humor doesn't translate.

You just joined. No one here knows you. How could we assume you were joking?

Live music is not about being perfect. I have no problem with the shows. They will get tighter as the tour goes on. Lifeson has yet to hit that stride where it looks as if he's owning the stage. I have noticed that. I'm sure it will come. The quest for the magic show as Neil calls it.
  • Like 2

They probably have not listened to a lot of the songs they are playing for years until rehearsals.

Some geeky fans (me included) probably know what they played at least as well as the band remembers.

I am pretty shocked to see two drum kits-that has got to be a heck of an adjustment.

I think Ged does use a pick on the bass during the intro to JL.

I'd be real surprised at that. Usually he uses his fingernails.

Can't see for sure but looks like he might be here. I've always thought it sounded like a pick during that part on the studio album, although I know the story about his fingertip getting chopped off as a kid and the nail grew back in really thick so who knows.

• Like 1

They probably have not listened to a lot of the songs they are playing for years until rehearsals.

Some geeky fans (me included) probably know what they played at least as well as the band remembers.

I am pretty shocked to see two drum kits-that has got to be a heck of an adjustment.

I probably know some of the older tunes on drums better than Neil because I dissected it so I could learn it way back...I forget what it was a few years back that they played, and Neil played some lick in the song entirely different than the record, and people were all up in arms about it.