Logical Question seeking Logical Answer from Diehards

AtticusRules

Hey guys, I'm a die hard fan of 25 years who is going with some young first timers in MA on June 23rd (our usual group is bringing their children for their first show): Question is: What are the chances that "Limelight" and "YYZ" will enter the set list? I know we've seen them almost every tour, but these kids most likely will only have this chance to see them live and they are two of their favorites. Any educated guesses or info is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Thanks guys... It's interesting why those wouldn't be staples of the set being so big in their canon... Especially Limelight

They usually are...but things are getting mixed up more than usual this time out.

YYZ is very likely to be added...but maybe only a 33% chance that it will be played at YOUR show.

Limelight is a craps shoot right now.

Edited by Justin Case

Limelight wasn't in the set for the first month of their last tour and then it got in a three way rotation with that The Body Electric and Middletown Dreams. With the way the set is now, YYZ will probably be rotated in the second spot of the second set. Unless they change that spot to a four song rotation (Red Barchetta/Camera Eye/YYZ/Limelight) I don't see where Limelight will get played on this tour, honestly.

I think they're a bit tired of the song but know that have to play it. That's probably why it eventually made the rotation last tour.

yeah, on second thought, this might be a limelight-free tour. it wouldn't be the first time, right? and I think the only reason they started playing it on the CA tour was because people were getting so bored during the 1st set. I think I was the only guy in the arena who was hoping for body electric instead
  • Like 3

yeah, on second thought, this might be a limelight-free tour. it wouldn't be the first time, right? and I think the only reason they started playing it on the CA tour was because people were getting so bored during the 1st set. I think I was the only guy in the arena who was hoping for body electric instead

No...you weren't!! I was truly bummed when I got Limelight at both of the last shows I saw on CA...back to back nights in Denver & KC.

My show was the first time on the last tour they did Limelight. If the rotation had stayed the same I would have gotten The Body Electric which I was really looking forward to hearing. I liked hearing LL as it was a bit of a surprise that night and it kept me wondering for the rest of the show what else they might change. Everything else was the same though, still and awesome show.

I saw them on the second leg of the tour and once again at my show it was Limelight's turn in the rotation. TBE has always been a song I really wanted to hear from them and I missed it both times I saw them. It just goes to show that while song rotations can be cool for some fans to get a few different songs every night, you can still miss out on something you really want to hear because of it. I get why they do it though. They want to be able to keep some of the set a little different that way they're not playing the exact same songs each night.

Hey guys, I'm a die hard fan of 25 years who is going with some young first timers in MA on June 23rd (our usual group is bringing their children for their first show): Question is: What are the chances that "Limelight" and "YYZ" will enter the set list? I know we've seen them almost every tour, but these kids most likely will only have this chance to see them live and they are two of their favorites. Any educated guesses or info is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Atticus, I suggest you make a playlist of all the songs they perform and play it for the young listeners when you can; in the car, etc. it may help them become more familiar with the songs.

I think the important question to ask is why so much for CA stuff and the skipping of two other albums which fans are clamoring for? I really do not understand their logic when it comes to this stuff. First, stuffing back-to-back songs from one album down our throats and then starting the same way on this tour and skipping popular albums in the process. In some respects, I am glad they are done touring in this magnitude. They suck at putting a set together. Don't give me the crap about "they play what they want, they are the artists." Yeah, they got famous by us shelling out the gold, now give me the benefit of a reach-around before you (Rush) do me again.

Ask yourself. What other group would not play their highest charting song their last tour?

This the best setlist since way back when and not particulary beginner friendly.

Time machine tour was the best for beginners imo

• Like 1

Ask yourself. What other group would not play their highest charting song their last tour?

Plenty of them. Not all artists measure their worth by so called "hits". Just sayin.

Well maybe but i think most would or do.

Really looking back who would guess that new world man would be that song....

Plenty of them. Not all artists measure their worth by so called "hits". Just sayin.

Folks should consult with Neil Young and Bob Dylan fans for a primer on that subject.

Edited by Bhawk2112

I think the important question to ask is why so much for CA stuff and the skipping of two other albums which fans are clamoring for? I really do not understand their logic when it comes to this stuff. First, stuffing back-to-back songs from one album down our throats and then starting the same way on this tour and skipping popular albums in the process. In some respects, I am glad they are done touring in this magnitude. They suck at putting a set together. Don't give me the crap about "they play what they want, they are the artists." Yeah, they got famous by us shelling out the gold, now give me the benefit of a reach-around before you (Rush) do me again.

What back to back songs last time? Are you talking about the first 2 songs of the CA tour?

Oh yeah. The part of my post that you deleted pretty much suggests that.

Just spraying?

Oh yeah. The part of my post that you deleted pretty much suggests that.

Just spraying?

:facepalm:

Edited by Justin Case
  • Like 1

Truthfully... I think anything is possible at this point....In an interview Alex said that they had 36-37 songs rehearsed... I'd be willing to bet that if they get into this set list monopoly they might add even more, and if YYZ and Limelight weren't rehearsed, I don't doubt that they can work them up in a pinch...same with any of the mid-80's stuff that they seemed to OD on during the last tour.

Rumors abound with the amount of "set lists" they will be using, so....