Periscope sign up sheet

dtpoet

I will try to make it happen in St Louis!

@tdolan1967

You didn't try...you did. That was so awesome. Thank you for taking one for the team!

• Like 1

@tdolan1967

You didn't try...you did. That was so awesome. Thank you for taking one for the team!

glad you enjoyed it. Wish I could find a recording if it somewhere. Of one pops up somewhere let me know!

Why would anyone elect to do this for an entire show?

What a waste of an experience.

being focused on the show all night gave me a better experience and more memories retained than any other show.

• Like 2

being focused on the show all night gave me a better experience and more memories retained than any other show.

You'll never know the joy you spread, mate! It was great fun in my house!

Someone mentioned a dvd...but the collective experience of Periscope is way different. ..especially combined with the TRF posting. 80 pages per night days says a lot.

Again, much Thanks! :cheers:

You'll never know the joy you spread....

That's the answer right there for anyone who wonders why someone would do something like this.

Not everyone can get to a concert.

And the excitement here on the show nights is really something.

You'll never know the joy you spread....

That's the answer right there for anyone who wonders why someone would do something like this.

Not everyone can get to a concert.

And the excitement here on the show nights is really something.

My son is nine and this is the only way he's going to see RUSH live.... It's been special.
  • Like 1

Through the glass of an iPhone?

It's great if you got more fulfillment from sharing the experience to a waiting internet audience. That's a different animal.

But concert tickets are much too expensive to watch an entire show through a phone.

I'll be at the 6/29 show, but I'll be watching the show instead, sorry guys. I don't think I'll even take a picture at the show either. If this is their swan song to touring then I want it to live in the memory. I did the same thing for Porcupine Tree's final American show and I still remember everything that happened to this day.

It's great if you got more fulfillment from sharing the experience to a waiting internet audience. That's a different animal.

But concert tickets are much too expensive to watch an entire show through a phone.

I kept my eyes on the stage more than the phone. Not that difficult really.
  • Like 2

@tdolan1967

glad you enjoyed it. Wish I could find a recording if it somewhere. Of one pops up somewhere let me know!

If you Periscoped it, you should have had access to the video on your account for 24 hours.

• Like 1

@tdolan1967

If you Periscoped it, you should have had access to the video on your account for 24 hours.

I have gone to the list but they are greyed out. The first set is already gone. It doesn't give me the option to replay.

No? Holding up the phone the whole show wasn't distracting? Even if it wasn't for you, are you certain you can say the same for the people around you? Behind you? In front of you?

No? Holding up the phone the whole show wasn't distracting? Even if it wasn't for you, are you certain you can say the same for the people around you? Behind you? In front of you?

The phone stayed at the same level as my chin 99% of the time. Only raised it for a few seconds when someone would pass by my seat. Add raised seating to that and maybe then you will get a vision of the real scenario instead of the one you appear to be imagining. Everyone around me smiled real big when I panned the crowd. Not sure how it affected the people in front of me as their back was to me the whole show.?.?

Were you seated near me? If so, my apologies if you were distracted. If not then maybe you shouldn't assume that everybody holding up a phone is oblivious to those around him/her.

• Like 4

The phone stayed at the same level as my chin 99% of the time. Only raised it for a few seconds when someone would pass by my seat. Add raised seating to that and maybe then you will get a vision of the real scenario instead of the one you appear to be imagining. Everyone around me smiled real big when I panned the crowd. Not sure how it affected the people in front of me as their back was to me the whole show.?.?

Were you seated near me? If so, my apologies if you were distracted. If not then maybe you shouldn't assume that everybody holding up a phone is oblivious to those around him/her.

I think you know exactly what I mean. Plenty of folks in these forums cite the distraction of constantly raised phones during shows. I'm not trying to badger you. I'm just saying standard camera/phone protocol doesn't usually condone taping the entire show. But you know that already. I guarantee you someone in your section was distracted by your phone use.

I think you know exactly what I mean. Plenty of folks in these forums cite the distraction of constantly raised phones during shows. I'm not trying to badger you. I'm just saying standard camera/phone protocol doesn't usually condone taping the entire show. But you know that already. I guarantee you someone in your section was distracted by your phone use.

If someone was distracted by my phone use then they worked really hard to let it get between them and their view. Of course first they would have to look past the guy singing aloud to every song, the other person blowing smoke, that one guy spilling beer everywhere, the chick dancing in the isle and oh yea, the other 2000 phones filming in the same section.

If the morality of filming a whole show is the source of your guarantee with someone being distracted, then you have presented the wrong basis for that discussion. But I think you already know that too.

• Like 1

It's all part of the same problem. Proper concert etiquette, or lack thereof.

Or people who bitch about shit that isn't really a problem.

• Like 2

If someone was distracted by my phone use then they worked really hard to let it get between them and their view. Of course first they would have to look past the guy singing aloud to every song, the other person blowing smoke, that one guy spilling beer everywhere, the chick dancing in the isle and oh yea, the other 2000 phones filming in the same section.

If the morality of filming a whole show is the source of your guarantee with someone being distracted, then you have presented the wrong basis for that discussion. But I think you already know that too.

If you have a video up over your head for more than a song at a time or for a several songs in the night, people may get pissed. Otherwise, you're just using your normal space and other people should stop stick their noses in other people business. If you're at a Rush concert and can't pay attention to the band and the people in front of you are taking up the space they are expected to take up, it's almost definitely your fault, not theirs.

• Like 1

It's all part of the same problem. Proper concert etiquette, or lack thereof.

Or people who bitch about shit that isn't really a problem.

Concert etiquette is often a real, actual problem in my state, unfortunately.

If you have a video up over your head for more than a song at a time or for a several songs in the night, people may get pissed. Otherwise, you're just using your normal space and other people should stop stick their noses in other people business. If you're at a Rush concert and can't pay attention to the band and the people in front of you are taking up the space they are expected to take up, it's almost definitely your fault, not theirs.

Come on, guys,. It's not just the height at which the phone is held. It's the light from the displays. It's the 'noticeable' taping/recording/photo taking. We all know this is a product of our modern cyber Age, sure. But concerts were vastly different before cell phones. Many - MANY - artists enforce cell phone restrictions at their shows for the very same reasons. Not simply for copyrights' sake, but for the enhancement of the overall experience of all concert attendees. They'd rather you enjoy the show than tape it for posterity - and certainly we all friggin' know what Rush would say about sharing each live show as it happens via Periscope. LOL, you guys oughta try using cell phones at one of Chrissie Hynde's shows. She'll stop the show. I've seen it happen. :)

Obviously arena bands can't control a larger magnitude of cell phone use. Though many try by instructing the venue security staff to be vigilant. Which rarely flies, as we all know.

But that doesn't mean it's right, does it?

Edited by Bard