Set List Poll

losingit2k

Set A vs Set B  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which set do you prefer

• Set A: Clockwork Angels, OLV, DEW, Red Barchetta
    • Set B: The Wreckers, How it is, Between the Wheels, The Camera Eye

I think that set A even though it doesn't have The Camera Eye is a more well rounded and Rockier set. What do you guys think about Set A vs Set B.?

I'm just glad that Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu seemed like they are firmly set!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

Definitely "A."

Clockwork Angels is a better live song than The Wreckers.

One Little Victory beats How It Is in a battle of the two worst songs on Vapor Trails.

Distant Early Warning smashes Between the Wheels.

Red Barchetta is better than The Camera Eye.

• Like 5

I'm still indifferent towards any of the CA material. How it is, is... refreshing. DEW is tired, BTW was (and still is) ahead of its time. The Camera Eye was the only reason I went to the Time Machine Tour. Set A is great but set B is mouthwatering.
  • Like 2

I think that set A even though it doesn't have The Camera Eye is a more well rounded and Rockier set. What do you guys think about Set A vs Set B.?

I'm just glad that Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu seemed like they are firmly set!

I agree completely. Both are incredible, but A is more energetic in general. I'll go crazy for The Camera Eye, but it won't excite the audience as much as Red Barchetta. Both sets are great enough that I'm happy I'm going to consecutive shows.

• Like 1

Night A is for drinking, and Night B is for smoking.

Not a big drinker here.. I'll smoke both shows ;)

• Like 1

hard to say... How it Is was neat to hear... but One Little Victory is a pretty strong tune. Sorta falls under "Ugh, I really don't care" at the end of the day.

Camera Eye is pretty exciting. I thought it might popo up, but hate that it's at the expese of Red Barchetta. That doesn'e seem fair.

The swap of Between the Wheels and Distant Early Warning is kinda a wash too. I think I was more excited about BTW. Yeah... pretty jazzed.

• Like 1

Oh god.... I love everything about B except that it opens with Anarchist. Had we gone with the same CA tracks, I would absolutely take B no questions asked, but when I think about it...Wreckers doesn't seem to fit into that slot for the set, nor do I think it really fits into the set at all. To me, having CA, Anarchist and Headlong Flight right from the start was heaven for me. Having Camera Eye instead if Barchetta was grand, having a different selection off of Grace Under Pressure was divine, and it was absolutely amazing to see that they can still pull out a live premiere this long after the Initial Release. When's the last time they pulled something out from at least 10 years ago for the first time?
  • Like 2

I am amazed at how much love CA gets. I think it's a terrible opener - but quite a few think it's "Awesome!" Headlong Flight makes SO much more sense to me, but oh well. I was at A - overall I llke A better. There may be more than an A, B, C, setlist. Natural Science (among several others) has yet to be played from the video list let alone what might be played from the non-video tunes.
  • Like 1