Official Second Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Lincoln, NE - May 10th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I'm listening to the 2nd night boot and by the time Headlong flight came by...... i was watching the weather report. lol. they need to cut 1 CA song. i mean it. it DRAAAAAAGS, lol

Mick

I would say that neither set list, so far, has been "casual fan friendly". It's a double-edged sword. Personally I love it, but I'm taking two of my sons to the Philly show and I know they'll be disappointed that there is no YYZ, Freewill etc.

My boys are not fans of the Rush's more epic stuff (I guess they got that gene from my wife) and I doubt if seeing the epics live will change their minds.

This concert is definitely not for the casual fan. I think this tour is a thank you to the hardcore fans, which is why they are playing the songs they are playing,

I'm listening to the 2nd night boot and by the time Headlong flight came by...... i was watching the weather report. lol. they need to cut 1 CA song. i mean it. it DRAAAAAAGS, lol

Mick

Where did you find the boot from night Two?

Mick

It's up on dime.

http://www.therushfo...-is-up-on-dime/

I would say that neither set list, so far, has been "casual fan friendly". It's a double-edged sword. Personally I love it, but I'm taking two of my sons to the Philly show and I know they'll be disappointed that there is no YYZ, Freewill etc.

My boys are not fans of the Rush's more epic stuff (I guess they got that gene from my wife) and I doubt if seeing the epics live will change their minds.

This concert is definitely not for the casual fan. I think this tour is a thank you to the hardcore fans, which is why they are playing the songs they are playing,

I've been struggling to convey how amazing the set is to casuals.

"But did they play Limelight and YYZ"?

"No........... Do you know the song Lakeside Park?"

*thinks for a sec and nods, but it's pretty obvious he probably does not*

Mick

It's up on dime.

Can somebody let me know if it goes up on dropbox or other site? I don't have an account on Dime . . . thanks in advance! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Mick

It's up on dime.

Can somebody let me know if it goes up on dropbox or other site? I don't have an account on Dime . . . thanks in advance! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Oops sorry, I just saw the Mega link in the other thread, thanks for posting it !!

They didn't do The Weapon yet? That will be the next concert. I'm just positive.

As awesome as that would be, I don't see Subdivisions moving for it. Sorry, Lorraine. :(

Why not? They could alternate the two. Subdivisions has been played in many tours. The last time they did The Weapon was in the mid-eighties.

I'll keep my fingers crossed just the same. :)

It's one of the 5 songs a casual fan may actually know. Subdivisions is a lock to stay.

But casual fans don't attend the concerts.

They do! In fact, many do.

I find that surprising but I will take your word for it. Personally, I wouldn't spend money to go see a band I could take or leave, and I certainly wouldn't spend money to see a band that I only knew their more popular songs and were completely ignorant of the rest.

I bet that about half the crowd at any given arena concert is what you are describing. For Rush and other bands as well.

They didn't do The Weapon yet? That will be the next concert. I'm just positive.

As awesome as that would be, I don't see Subdivisions moving for it. Sorry, Lorraine. :(

Why not? They could alternate the two. Subdivisions has been played in many tours. The last time they did The Weapon was in the mid-eighties.

It's one of the 5 songs a casual fan may actually know. Subdivisions is a lock to stay.

Why is the casual fan so important, especially this tour? If any tour is about the vintage stuff, its THIS one. Standing ovation to Ged Al and Neil for obliging. I never understood why fans want Subdivisions so much...Rush crowds always seem to take a breather during Subdivisions. It mellows out the crowd, saps the energy.

Lincoln:

Setlist Version B

Set 1:

Video Intro (The World is ... The World is)

The Anarchist

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight (with Drumbastica mini drum solo)

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

How It Is

Animate

Roll The Bones (with celebrity rappers video)

Between the Wheels

Subdivisions

Intermission (R40 drum kit replaced with throwback replica kit)

Set 2:

Video Intro (No Country for Old Hens)

Tom Sawyer

The Camera Eye

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 1

Drum Solo

Cygnus X-1 Book One - The Voyage: Part 3

Closer To The Heart

Xanadu (double neck guitars)

2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale

Encore:

Video Intro (Mel's Rockpile starring Eugene Levy)

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Working Man (Garden Road riff at the end)

Video Outro (Exit Stage Left)

(From RIAB)

Mick

Not to me my friend. CA is an epic album. It may be time to get out of 1981 Mick.
  • Like 2

Why is the casual fan so important, especially this tour? If any tour is about the vintage stuff, its THIS one. Standing ovation to Ged Al and Neil for obliging. I never understood why fans want Subdivisions so much...Rush crowds always seem to take a breather during Subdivisions. It mellows out the crowd, saps the energy.

Subdivisions is one of their best songs that connects with people lyrically and musically, while also being one of their most popular songs for their longtime fans. The cheering you hear at its start of those low chords as opposed to say... The Wreckers or TMMB is why they play it all the time :)

• Like 2

Well if they stick with the A/B set rotation, then I'll get B in Detroit, which is awesome! TCE instead of Red Barchetta is cool with me.

I'm apparently in the minority that would rather keep Barchetta. It's such a great song and gets a better reception from the general audience.
  • Like 1

Are you freaking nuts?

• Like 2

Main Monkey Business is a great addition, I think. They really seem to enjoy playing it, and it's a great showpiece for Alex.

• Like 1

Mick

Not to me my friend. CA is an epic album. It may be time to get out of 1981 Mick.

Actually i like up to 89 :P Enjoy your CA have a blast my friend.

Mick

If there are three set lists, has anyone figured out yet which set which be played for each remaining show?

Lorraine, I contend (and hope) that it's random, that there isn't a set rotation.

• Like 1

Mick

Actually i like up to 89 :P Enjoy your CA have a blast my friend.

Mick

Thanks Mick. I will. Gonna enjoy some Far Cry too.
  • Like 1

Well if they stick with the A/B set rotation, then I'll get B in Detroit, which is awesome! TCE instead of Red Barchetta is cool with me.

I'm apparently in the minority that would rather keep Barchetta. It's such a great song and gets a better reception from the general audience.

Red Barchetta definitely gets a better reaction and better energizes the crowd. But I want TCE as well and am more excited to hear it live as I've heard it far fewer times. Flip a coin and I remain happy.