Official Second Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Lincoln, NE - May 10th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

They didn't do The Weapon yet? That will be the next concert. I'm just positive.

As awesome as that would be, I don't see Subdivisions moving for it. Sorry, Lorraine. :(

They didn't do The Weapon yet? That will be the next concert. I'm just positive.

As awesome as that would be, I don't see Subdivisions moving for it. Sorry, Lorraine. :(

Why not? They could alternate the two. Subdivisions has been played in many tours. The last time they did The Weapon was in the mid-eighties.

I'll keep my fingers crossed just the same. :)

Edited by Lorraine

a little blurb from the Omaha Herald News.

Of course, those clad in Rush shirts loved the deep cuts, but gave the biggest reaction for "The Power of Radio" and "Closer to the Heart."

:fuckinputer:

Yeah, I´m all in for Camera Eye replacing Red Barchetta. Good changes last night!

An embarrassment of riches.

Why not? They could alternate the two. Subdivisions has been played in many tours. The last time they did The Weapon was in the mid-eighties.

It's one of the 5 songs a casual fan may actually know. Subdivisions is a lock to stay.

It's one of the 5 songs a casual fan may actually know. Subdivisions is a lock to stay.

But casual fans don't attend the concerts.

1st set staples are Subdivisions and Roll the Bones.

Those will be played every show.

Everything else is up for swap....although IMO Animate and Headlong Flight are also 1st set locks

They do! In fact, many do.

They do! In fact, many do.

I find that surprising but I will take your word for it. Personally, I wouldn't spend money to go see a band I could take or leave, and I certainly wouldn't spend money to see a band that I only knew their more popular songs and were completely ignorant of the rest.

I would say that neither set list, so far, has been "casual fan friendly". It's a double-edged sword. Personally I love it, but I'm taking two of my sons to the Philly show and I know they'll be disappointed that there is no YYZ, Freewill etc.

My boys are not fans of the Rush's more epic stuff (I guess they got that gene from my wife) and I doubt if seeing the epics live will change their minds.

If there are three set lists, has anyone figured out yet which set which be played for each remaining show?

Are there going to be only three setlists? Are they going to change sets every night to keep us guessing? We'll know after 5 or 6 shows.

Are there going to be only three setlists? Are they going to change sets every night to keep us guessing? We'll know after 5 or 6 shows.

Exactly we probably won't know till the Tulsa set list comes back for the second time.

Exactly we probably won't know till the Tulsa set list comes back for the second time.

And last tour we knew there were two setlists, and then Working Man got taken out for The Spirit Of Radio, and later on they added Limelight every third show.

I believe there will be an A...B...and C setlist rotation...

With a few bonus surprises for the Toronto and Los Angeles shows.

this will bum me out. I'm going to Vegas and L.A which are 3 shows apart, which means I'll be stuck with the same set :rage:

Well Tonight we got:

The Anarchist as the Opener (Good Change)

The Wreckers instead of Clockwork Angels (Not as good of a Change)

How it is instead of One Little Victory (Not as good of a change)

Between the Wheels instead of Distant Early Warning (About the Same..Unless you wanted one or the other)

The Camera Eye instead of Red Barchetta (Indifferent about this one, Love both)

Right now I think Set A is a much stronger set.

No strong feelings for the first three songs one way or the other. I guess I prefer One Little Victory, but either way.

Between The Wheels might be my FAVORITE song from GUP, so that's a huge improvement.

Love Red Barchetta, but Camera Eye is truly epic. I wish they kept both (my two faves from MP), but I'd say TCE is a small improvement.

So reasonable minds can disagree! Either way, a set so strong I am now planning to go to Greensboro.... Despite vowing I would NOT attend this tour due to insane ticket prices. (Sidenote: Someone sell me an extra G'Bo ticket. Preferrably at a not-insane price.)

I would say that neither set list, so far, has been "casual fan friendly". It's a double-edged sword. Personally I love it, but I'm taking two of my sons to the Philly show and I know they'll be disappointed that there is no YYZ, Freewill etc.

My boys are not fans of the Rush's more epic stuff (I guess they got that gene from my wife) and I doubt if seeing the epics live will change their minds.

seeing the epics live may change their minds

The swapping possibilities are many, and most of them within their comfort zone. We could easily end up with 32 unique setlists without adding too much trouble to the boys or the Crew.

I love me some CA but for this tour I'm sure 2 songs off the album is plenty...give me some HYF or at least Driven off T4E. A little more breadth of overall work y'know.

I'd like this post more than once if I could.

The swapping possibilities are many, and most of them within their comfort zone. We could easily end up with 32 unique setlists without adding too much trouble to the boys or the Crew.

That's what I've been saying, and I do hope that's what happens.