Let the rumor mill begin. I heard................

LocalsBandGuy

37 songs in the rotations and multiple (5) set variations.......according to a quick chat with crew after last night. Not me.

We'll see........

The Wreckers

Mal Nar

Big Money

Kid Gloves

Red Lenses

YYZ

Camera Eye

Nat Sci

????

Sunday night will tell us a good part of the clues. If they swap in 5 or 6 songs, the whole show will have some cool chronological shifts in the sets.

Right. These are the ones everyone has been talking about as replacements. As far as I'm concerned, they could lose Red Lenses and Kid Gloves. I don't like either one. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

I heard something that somewhat contradicts that but it didn't come from somebody I know for a fact has solid info so I won't say it.

As of this moment there are several different rumors regarding which songs are in and which are out.

Even with everything I heard about what was being rehearsed I was still surprised by a number of selections in the 2nd half/encore.

I wouldn't even bother to speculate at this point. I was told at the last minute there were a number of songs cut from the final list and possibly a few added to it so who knows???

I'd kill to see Kid Gloves. One of Alex's best song IMO.
  • Like 6

Well the leaked tour book listed The Wreckers, Big Money, YYZ, Camera Eye, and Natural Science, none of which were played last night. We'll almost definitely see all of those.

Not necessarily. The tour book likely had to be done weeks ago to be ready for this week, and it's more likely that they did some tweaks to the set list after that, so it is very possible that some of those songs were rehearsed and prepped for the tour, but may not make it in. Given the overwhelming positivity about last night's set list, which I am sure someone in their camp knows and has told them, I could see them not messing with it much at all.

• Like 3

At least 5 of those are listed in the tourbook, so it's a good bet those will rotate in. I was actually told about 2 songs not mentioned up there...and that came from what I believe to be a pretty solid source. Time will tell. If what I heard is true, one of those will be performed for the first time.

What if they have gone all rogue on us, and every show has a slightly different setlist?

Cool or Uncool?

• Like 1

What if they have gone all rogue on us, and every show has a slightly different setlist?

Cool or Uncool?

As cool as it gets imo. My wallet certainly would not be happy to learn about that, but I sure would!!

Edited by Justin Case
  • Like 3

I think if they are going to stick with the chronological order seriously, the encore can't change.

So the modification would have to be from AFTK forward....

Sure it can. It could be something like:

Bastille Day

By-Tor

In The Mood

Working Man

...or any number of combinations. Geddy sang Anthem in a lower, more comfortable key for sure. If he was doing it for that, why not almost any other song from that era?

• Like 1

I was there and I can tell you that the positivity about the set list kicked in when they got to Distant Early Warning and Subdivisions. Before that other than the excitement of the opener and strength of Clockwork Angels, people were not feeling "overly positive" as one poster put above. The rap in roll the bones was a pleasant surprise and put a fresh twist on things. But if their plans are to truly rotate Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu with Natural Science and The Camera Eye....then Houston we have a problem.

The first set needs work. Main Monkey Business, Anarchist, One Little Victory need to go for good. I love Animate but would have preferred Double Agent or Cold Fire instead from CP.

...I heard...the most unexpected setlist ever. So from this point on anything can happen.

I have no problem with Rush mixing up the tour multiple set-lists. I got a thrill sitting in front of my computer when I found out they played "Anthem"!

They have sooo many great songs, the possibilities of great set-lists is endless.

I think the mix-up will probably be with the encore.

• Like 1

I just hope they keep Xanadu and Jacobs Ladder in the setup each night. This alone is worth the price of admission.

This is exactly what I am concerned about, though I think "Xanadu" is a lock.

• Like 1

Wish they'd throw in BATS...easy song n' fun

You know it's early..... I'm like "BATS? BATS???? WTF!!!"

Had to go to the MP3 list... ugh!

They've already done "BATS" in fairly recent memory... I could not be happier with the selection from that album TBH.

Sure it can. It could be something like:

Bastille Day

By-Tor

In The Mood

Working Man

...or any number of combinations. Geddy sang Anthem in a lower, more comfortable key for sure. If he was doing it for that, why not almost any other song from that era?

replace lakeside with Bastille, but I think the vocals are out of reach at this point.