Up PERISCOPE!!!!

goose

when does the concert start? I would like to watch the concert again thru Periscope

Tomorrow :)

Tomorrow from Austin, 7.30 central time. I think that's GMT -6.

Oh, there is no concert tonight? Then I go to sleep....

• Like 2

Actually it's at 8 PM central time for this concert. Not 7:30 PM like the others. So it's a little later.

I was using Explorer. I guess that may have been the problem. That's all I can think of because I was following along the pinned St. Louis thread and clicking on the periscope links as you guys were posting them and got nothing. I would get the word LIVE across the screen but no content. I guess i'll try again for Austin with Chrome and see what happens. Thanks!
  • Like 1

I was using Explorer. I guess that may have been the problem. That's all I can think of because I was following along the pinned St. Louis thread and clicking on the periscope links as you guys were posting them and got nothing. I would get the word LIVE across the screen but no content. I guess i'll try again for Austin with Chrome and see what happens. Thanks!

IE doesn't work for a lot of things now days. Chrome is the best way to go for most things anymore.

And of course volunteers are needed who bring two batteries or two phones for that precious second set and encore!

IE doesn't work for a lot of things now days. Chrome is the best way to go for most things anymore.

Well I climbed out from under my IE rock and got periscope to work with chrome. Its cool. Just curious, for anyone else viewing on laptop monitors, are the live feeds always so narrow? Ive found the zoom arrows but that makes the feed a pixilated mess. Is there any way to widen the feed window without zooming?

Well I climbed out from under my IE rock and got periscope to work with chrome. Its cool. Just curious, for anyone else viewing on laptop monitors, are the live feeds always so narrow? Ive found the zoom arrows but that makes the feed a pixilated mess. Is there any way to widen the feed window without zooming?

No. Periscope only works in portrait mode. The last guy turned his phone so we got landscape mode but you had to rotate the display on your monitor to view it correctly.

No. Periscope only works in portrait mode. The last guy turned his phone so we got landscape mode but you had to rotate the display on your monitor to view it correctly.

Oh ok. Thanks EagleMoon!

Oh ok. Thanks EagleMoon!

You're very welcome. :)

Ok. Shh. Be very, very quiet....

I have the closing shift at work and would like to check in on occasion especially if there are any huge surprises (I'm now spoiled on seeing it live as opposed to waiting for the YouTube video).

So on a PC (I think it uses Firefox), can I just click the link? If I have to download a program it won't work. When I goggle "periscope", it just brings you to a place to download the app from iTunes.

For the record, periscope was released by Twitter (who paid an estimated $100M) around March 26, 2015. Feels kind if cool to be this old and on the cutting edge of technology.

Edited by dtpoet

I have the closing shift at work and would like to check in on occasion especially if there are any huge surprises (I'm now spoiled on seeing it live as opposed to waiting for the YouTube video).

So on a PC (I think it uses Firefox), can I just click the link? If I have to download a program it won't work. When I goggle "periscope", it just brings you to a place to download the app from iTunes.

For the record, periscope was released by Twitter (who paid an estimated $100M) around March 26, 2015. Feels kind if cool to be this old and on the cutting edge of technology.

I don't have Firefox so I can't comment on that, but if there is a live link then you don't have to sign in to anything, you can just watch it.

I don't have Firefox so I can't comment on that, but if there is a live link then you don't have to sign in to anything, you can just watch it.

Periscope works fine on a Mac running Firefox.

Periscope works fine on a Mac running Firefox.

On a PC as well. Click the link and you're golden!

ETA: I might load Google Chrome just to be safe.

Edited by goose