Up PERISCOPE!!!!

goose

If anything ...periscope will increase the amount of cash I spend on Rush this tour, not decrease it. As for PPV events, that's the risk of letting in a crowd. If you tell them no cellphones, you risk fans not buying tix.

There are many reasons and excuses that people can have for skipping live events. "No cellphones allowed" is quite possibly the absolute lamest one of them.

I'm oot in the burbs JC, so commuting into the city without my phone is a hassle. I recall going to the US Open at Shinicock about 11 years ago and they made everyone check phones at the parking lot, back before the iPhone era. Different world now. I'd worry about ever seeing it again. Plus if my dtr was going to a show and couldn't have a phone, not sure I would like that.

I just watched to see if anybody popped up on Twitter for the show. I was happy to find Bob already showing he was going to Periscope in Lincoln. I think it's going to be this way all tour. I would be very surprised if St Paul is not on Periscope. It is a very tech savvy city.

I don't see Periscope as a replacement for going to the show. I have my tickets and can't wait to get see the show in person, but heck that is 5 weeks away! I love music and to get to see Rush bring it every other day is incredible. I am an early riser so I can't even watch the whole show, I have to go to bed after the first set for most of the central time zone shows. There is no way I have the time and money to attend all these shows. But I sure enjoy being able to peek into the arenas when it is there. Just relax and enjoy it for what it is, it's just a cell phone's view of a bigger event. If ya like it, watch it, if not, it certainly can be ignored.

Periscope just gives me a chance to see what I cannot do myself in person.

• Like 1

If anything ...periscope will increase the amount of cash I spend on Rush this tour, not decrease it. As for PPV events, that's the risk of letting in a crowd. If you tell them no cellphones, you risk fans not buying tix.

There are many reasons and excuses that people can have for skipping live events. "No cellphones allowed" is quite possibly the absolute lamest one of them.

I'm oot in the burbs JC, so commuting into the city without my phone is a hassle. I recall going to the US Open at Shinicock about 11 years ago and they made everyone check phones at the parking lot, back before the iPhone era. Different world now. I'd worry about ever seeing it again. Plus if my dtr was going to a show and couldn't have a phone, not sure I would like that.

I can see where you're coming from. In my experience, though, 'no cellphones' at an event pretty much means you can have one, but if you use it you risk ejection. Personally, I'm fine with this since I believe people at shows should live in the moment and not take excessive pics, text, chat, post to twitter or FB, call people, etc. during live entertainment events.

I don't see how any venue can prevent people bring phones in any more than they can prevent more dangerous items.

I can see where you're coming from. In my experience, though, 'no cellphones' at an event pretty much means you can have one, but if you use it you risk ejection. Personally, I'm fine with this since I believe people at shows should live in the moment and not take excessive pics, text, chat, post to twitter or FB, call people, etc. during live entertainment events.

I don't see how any venue can prevent people bring phones in any more than they can prevent more dangerous items.

Yes, the sea of phones blocking the view from the floor is no fun. Gotta be a way to get a periscope in there without blocking the view for the fine folks of Minn.

edit...wait, connect google glass to periscope....oh yeah..that didn't take off!

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I was going to post a similar article about the piracy concerns - it mentions that they have software that flags certain spikes of traffic on a feed.

I'm hoping that Periscope is going with a "better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission" attitude when they spot stuff like concerts and wait for the artist to file a complaint before pulling plug.

There's no way the Rush camp can not know about the streaming.

But hopefully by scanning the forums and threads they'll see it's not necessarily cutting into their bottom line, but building more excitement and spurring sales.

And I think we lost Bob the other night because of dead battery. There was mention in one of the floating comments that he mentioned he was down to 30% by intermission.

• Like 5

I think we lost Bob the other night because of all of the comments about his girlfriend. ;)

I doubt he was sober enough to read the comments.

• Like 2

I'm prepared to rock to St. Paul, live in my living room...

Rise periscope rise!!! :madra:

• Like 2

<quote> line the last 6 pages of this thread.</quote>

And I'm wondering why I am having second thoughts about periscoping the NJ show.....

If you were going to stream the band, great, the point is, why go thru all the trouble, then not show the band, ala our Lincoln pal.

You are trying to make logical sense of a drunk concertgoer?

In Nebraska?

You do realize Rush was the 1st concert there since Loverboy back at the 1988 State Fair?

I HAVE BEEN A DRUNK CONCERT GOER....

;)

and always knew when Rush was on, look at them or their cool lights.

• Like 1