Official R40 Newspaper Concert Reviews

Can't believe there's not one review from Austin online...AUSTIN!!!

Stupid Podunk towns. ;)

From the UT paper (contains spoilers):

http://www.readtheho...in_reviewphotos

Nice review from Neil Ferguson.

Anyone know what song Alex is playing on the Rick?

From the background it looks like The Wreckers. I seem to recall that he brought it out for another song as well, something from one of the very early albums.

Rush Celebrates 40th Anniversary Tour at Austin360 Amphitheater (Review)

http://www.texasrockreport.com/rush-celebrates-40th-anniversary-tour-at-austin360-amphitheater-review/

(MOD EDIT: Please don't paste entire reviews into your posts. Just post a link to the original article.)

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Rush Said Thank You, Not Goodbye, at American Airlines Center Last Night

http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/rush-said-thank-you-not-goodbye-at-american-airlines-center-last-night-7235787

(MOD EDIT: Please don't paste entire reviews into your posts. Just post a link to the original article.)

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 1

It was a testament to how a strong fan base can keep a band like this still vital and worthwhile after 40 years. Not many bands can claim to have that kind of pull with an audience these days, but Rush is no ordinary act.

The "why" of this is something I would like to delve into. It would make a good thread discussion. I've often wondered myself just what it is about Rush that attracts the kind of fans they do.

Review: Rush at American Airlines Center

http://www.star-telegram.com/entertainment/arts-culture/article21355317.html

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

It was a testament to how a strong fan base can keep a band like this still vital and worthwhile after 40 years. Not many bands can claim to have that kind of pull with an audience these days, but Rush is no ordinary act.

The "why" of this is something I would like to delve into. It would make a good thread discussion. I've often wondered myself just what it is about Rush that attracts the kind of fans they do.

Agree. Since first seeing them in 1983 they truly have been the soundtrack to my life. When life has gone through rough patches it's been their music that has been my rock. I've wondered if their music/lyrics/philosophy have been an uncanny alignment to my worldview, or, whether they have served to help shape and form who I am today (given that I discovered them at the impressionable age of 14).

But the "why" is the key question. I love music, but Rush holds a singular place for me, almost spiritual in nature. Why? I'm not sure I will ever know. But I would be interested in hearing other fans' stories.

• Like 1

Agree. Since first seeing them in 1983 they truly have been the soundtrack to my life. When life has gone through rough patches it's been their music that has been my rock. I've wondered if their music/lyrics/philosophy have been an uncanny alignment to my worldview, or, whether they have served to help shape and form who I am today (given that I discovered them at the impressionable age of 14).

But the "why" is the key question. I love music, but Rush holds a singular place for me, almost spiritual in nature. Why? I'm not sure I will ever know. But I would be interested in hearing other fans' stories.

For me, it's all the women at the shows. Crawling with them
  • Like 2

For me, it's all the women at the shows. Crawling with them

I've noticed that the hottest ones Periscope. :drool:
  • Like 1

For me, the sincerity of their music comes through. It's complex...smart & goofy at the same time...sometimes perfect, sometimes flawed...but wherever a song falls in these descriptions, it always seems to come from the right place.
  • Like 2

Important: Please do NOT paste entire articles into your posts. Just the headline and a link to the original article is all we're allowed to do. One of the newspapers contacted us and asked that their review be removed from the board. That's a legit complaint -- pasting the entire article here takes valuable web traffic away from their site. We gain nothing by taking that from them.

Tombstone and antiquark were the only two pasting articles. Everyone else has been posting links. In fairness, we haven't put up a notice about not pasting articles till now, but kudos to the rest of you for somehow knowing not to do that (or for being too lazy to copy and paste all that text).

• Like 4

Important: Please do NOT paste entire articles into your posts. Just the headline and a link to the original article is all we're allowed to do. One of the newspapers contacted us and asked that their review be removed from the board. That's a legit complaint -- pasting the entire article here takes valuable web traffic away from their site. We gain nothing by taking that from them.

Tombstone and antiquark were the only two pasting articles. Everyone else has been posting links. In fairness, we haven't put up a notice about not pasting articles till now, but kudos to the rest of you for somehow knowing not to do that (or for being too lazy to copy and paste all that text).

Really?!? They contacted us? You mean we're that important?

I'll bet the Yukon Blade Grinder never did that...those guys are the exception in print media

Really?!? They contacted us? You mean we're that important?

Yes, it's quite a compliment!
  • Like 1

So tell us 73...how did it go down? A call? A threatening email? Smoke signals? Flowers?

So tell us 73...how did it go down? A call? A threatening email? Smoke signals? Flowers?

They sent a message through the board. They were just looking for some cooperation. More than happy to help them out.

They sent a message through the board. They were just looking for some cooperation. More than happy to help them out.

Cool. Well I'm glad we're not getting sued

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/Rush-turns-40-at-the-Toyota-Center-6276734.php

My favorite line:

There's a joke about the line for the ladies room at a Rush show being almost non-existent. Every joke has a bit of truth to it. It was decidedly a male-oriented crowd. The first set of the night kicked off with material from the trio's most recent album "Clockwork Angels" from 2012 and worked back to "Subdivisions" from the "Signals" LP, released in 1982.

Wow, that was a poorly-written article.

My favorite line:

There's a joke about the line for the ladies room at a Rush show being almost non-existent. Every joke has a bit of truth to it. It was decidedly a male-oriented crowd. The first set of the night kicked off with material from the trio's most recent album "Clockwork Angels" from 2012 and worked back to "Subdivisions" from the "Signals" LP, released in 1982.

That's the nice thing about being a female at a Rush show :D Although there do seem to be quite a number of girls there nowadays.

• Like 1