Am I the only one that's happy....

fraroc

but not totally ecstatic over this setlist?

I found it really cool that they pulled out such rarities out of the vault such as Jacobs Ladder, full 12 minute Xanadu, Hemispheres Prelude, most of The Voyage, 2112 Presentation, Lakeside Park, and What You're Doing....But the only think I got to ask is, if they are really trying to go for a chronological hits and rarities setlist, Where the f**k is Chemistry? Where the f**k is Losing It? Where the f**k is songs like Turn The Page, Lock and Key, Mystic Rhythms, and Kid Gloves?

The setlist last night was amazing if you were a 70s, 90s and 2000s fan. The only songs we got to represent the 80s were Distant Early Warning and Subdivisions. Maybe Tom Sawyer and Red Barchetta if you count that.

I have no complaints, really!

Probably one of the coolest set list configurations I've seen in a long time....

You AREN'T going to get EVERYTHING you want in every set list...face it...They've accommodated the fans over the past several tours, and this is the one that us "old heads" (and you can read that as old "HEADS"!) really get to dig into.

I wasn't thrilled with the "old" stuff they played on the CA tour last time, but I sucked it up and went to see them twice...no problem...

• Like 1

THIS would have been perfect though.

Set One

Introduction Video - "The World Is... The World Is..."

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight (with mini Drum Solo)

Far Cry

The Main Monkey Business

One Little Victory

Carve Away The Stone

Animate

Roll the Bones

Show Don't Tell (B: The Pass)

Lock And Key

Mystic Rhythms (B: The Big Money)

Distant Early Warning

Subdivisions

Intermission

Set Two

Fan Film & Montage "No Country for Old Hens"

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta (B: Witch Hunt C: YYZ)

The Spirit of Radio

Jacob's Ladder

Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres - Prelude

Cygnus X-1: Book I: The Voyage - Part 1

Drum Solo

Cygnus X-1: Book I: The Voyage - Part 3

Closer to the Heart

Xanadu

2112: I. Overture

2112: II. Temples of Syrinx

2112: IV. Presentation

2112: VII. The Grand Finale

Encore

Encore Film "Mel's Rockpile"

Lakeside Park

Anthem

What You're Doing

Working Man

Garden Road (riff)

Closing Film

Dude they played almost only 80s songs during the Clockwork Angels Tour. So stop complain and be happy that you can go instead... I live in stupid Europe and probably won´t see them, I am sitting here at home and just crying over the magical set-list!
  • Like 4

Dude they played almost only 80s songs during the Clockwork Angels Tour. So stop complain and be happy that you can go instead... I live in stupid Europe and probably won´t see them, I am sitting here at home and just crying over the magical set-list!

Zumbi has just joined the 90%...OMG

• Like 1

I have no complaints, really!

Probably one of the coolest set list configurations I've seen in a long time....

You AREN'T going to get EVERYTHING you want in every set list...face it...They've accommodated the fans over the past several tours, and this is the one that us "old heads" (and you can read that as old "HEADS"!) really get to dig into.

I wasn't thrilled with the "old" stuff they played on the CA tour last time, but I sucked it up and went to see them twice...no problem...

You da man!

First of all, If you're going to imply that I have any problem AT ALL with the second set, you're completley delusional. I'm STILL in absolute f***ing AWE they played Jacobs Ladder and full 12 minute Xanadu.

Secondly, I was never expecting R40 to be mostly 80s tracks, but it would have been nice to hear songs like Show Don't Tell, Mystic Rhythms and Lock and Key in the first set to bring the retrospective full circle.

First of all, If you're going to imply that I have any problem AT ALL with the second set, you're completley delusional. I'm STILL in absolute f***ing AWE they played Jacobs Ladder and full 12 minute Xanadu.

Secondly, I was never expecting R40 to be mostly 80s tracks, but it would have been nice to hear songs like Show Don't Tell, Mystic Rhythms and Lock and Key in the first set to bring the retrospective full circle.

I wouldn't call it disappointment that they didn't play any of that "era"....just surprise... I figured that they'd at least do ONE from every album on the same tour...they haven't done that in a LONG time....they came close on R30 (What album did they totally neglect on that one?)

But this is cool!

I have no complaints at all. Even one of my least favourite songs, RTB, was enjoyable because of that video.

We had enough 80s stuff last tour, and the band had previously said they were skipping it this tour.

Last night was incredible. Thank you Neil, Alex, and Geddy.

For me, I think I would have also chosen differents '90s/'00s songs, but they aren't going to make everyone happy and only have so much time anyway.

To the OP, I think your observation is a decent description of where I am at with this set. I think it is the first one that will have any debate.

• Like 1

The production of the show seems amazing and that last half is just incredible so yeah its one of the better set lists in a while. We can get nitpicky about rarities that weren't done, but at the same time you need a balance of that with enough hits for average fans.

They really couldn't replace Far Cry or OLV with anything else from those records because they are fairly recognizable. For RTB I think the title track makes the most sense from that album considering they did Bravado/Dreamline last tour and the accompanying video sounds fun. The only minor change I would have done would be Cut to the Chase for Animate. Even for casual fans CTTC is catchy and rocking enough if you had never heard it. Overall for the 80-90s material they needed to keep it to hits to have everyone in the audience involved.

But the rarities in the second set more than made up for that for the hardcore fans.

I wouldn't call it disappointment that they didn't play any of that "era"....just surprise... I figured that they'd at least do ONE from every album on the same tour...they haven't done that in a LONG time....they came close on R30 (What album did they totally neglect on that one?)

But this is cool!

Presto, I think.

For me, I think I would have also chosen differents '90s/'00s songs, but they aren't going to make everyone happy and only have so much time anyway.

To the OP, I think your observation is a decent description of where I am at with this set. I think it is the first one that will have any debate.

Yeah I Agree, There are some great 80's, 90's tunes that have been overlooked. "Show Don't Tell, Turn The Page, Lock and Key, Test for Echo, Driven, Stick it Out". I was really hoping for "Cut to the Chase". That song is awesome why do they never play it live is beyond me?

:huh:

I just think they went for their heavier songs. The concert truly rocked for beginning to end! Its nearly perfect.

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

I'll say this from the feed i saw. mixed bag. Dull first set

hold it guys.......before you yell, lol

I LOVE the 2nd set on........so that makes up for a standard set 1

Mick

Set one was the looser of the two, slightly. I would have ditched some of the last decade but both sets cranked all night long, power cord rock goodness. Closer to the Heart was the only relaxing moment.
  • Like 1

but not totally ecstatic over this setlist?

I found it really cool that they pulled out such rarities out of the vault such as Jacobs Ladder, full 12 minute Xanadu, Hemispheres Prelude, most of The Voyage, 2112 Presentation, Lakeside Park, and What You're Doing....But the only think I got to ask is, if they are really trying to go for a chronological hits and rarities setlist, Where the f**k is Chemistry? Where the f**k is Losing It? Where the f**k is songs like Turn The Page, Lock and Key, Mystic Rhythms, and Kid Gloves?

The setlist last night was amazing if you were a 70s, 90s and 2000s fan. The only songs we got to represent the 80s were Distant Early Warning and Subdivisions. Maybe Tom Sawyer and Red Barchetta if you count that.

no way you're gonna get those in this tour. It's good to hope, but I think your hopes were way out of line with reality. Many, many, many others don't feel strongly about your song preferences.

If they did do those songs, then we're back to bitching about too much obscure stuff in the setlist.