Wreckers for Anarchist

Big Money for Distant Early Warning

YYZ for Red Barchetta

Camera Eye for Spirit of radio

Natural Science for (I hate myself for typing this) Jacob's Ladder

SONGS WITHOUT TIES TO TOUR BOOK:

Driven for One Little Victory

The Trees for Closer To The Heart

I am also thinking there may be some Encore substitutions as well, but I'm not sure I have even sold myself on that idea.

As I haven't got a tour book, I was wondering if you could maybe please explain what you mean but them having tour book ties? And also, how you figure with the others without them

SONGS WITH TOUR BOOK TIES:

Wreckers for Anarchist

YYZ for Red Barchetta

I am also thinking there may be some Encore substitutions as well, but I'm not sure I have even sold myself on that idea.

Not sure I'm convinced that they are rotating between albums...maybe tunes from the same album get rotated ...although Big Money doesn't have an album mate? (and where it is in the tour book set list is odd?)

Edited by Jaminbenb

As I have mentioned before...I hope they swap NOTHING from the second set. If they wish to ADD a song or 2 to the second set, I'm totally up for that. :yes:
  • Like 1

Anarchist - Wreckers

DEW - Big Money

Red Barchetta - (YYZ + Camera Eye?)

Jacobs Ladder - Natural Science

They played 23 songs last night, Alex said they rehearsed 36? Yes I know its alex but I'm wondering if they will rotate out anything in the encore. The first album has a lot of easy songs to play, I could see this:

What Your Doing - Finding My Way or In the Mood?

Lakeside Park - Bastille Day or Bald?

Other options

MMB - for Limbo or Malignant Narcissism

FOH seems to be hinting that they are going to be changing up a lot this tour. Since its only a little over 30 dates maybe they are willing to put everything in the blender and change things up every night. Go big for basically your farewell tour. They used to be safe maybe they wanna do things different now.

EDIT: I am watching Jacobs Ladder right now and if I am not mistaken Geddy introduces it saying we have never played this song live???… ESL?

Edited by mrfriendly

Being that the setlist is 100% in reverse chronological order any substitution would either have to be from the same album or the previous/next based on where in the setlist it is.

Albums with 3 songs won't have the middle one swapped with a previous/next album (The Anarchist, Closer to the Heart) so I disagree with the quote on CTH, but otherwise most of the rest makes sense

I can see - Roll the Bones (with something from Presto)

SONGS WITH TOUR BOOK TIES:

Wreckers for Anarchist

YYZ for Red Barchetta

As I haven't got a tour book, I was wondering if you could maybe please explain what you mean but them having tour book ties? And also, how you figure with the others without them

Earlier in the week, the credits for the videos for the songs being performed on the tour were leaked. This page from the tour book listed 22 songs. So last night, the following songs were credited in the tour book but were not played leading to the belief that they will be rotated in on Sunday; The Wreckers, Big Money, YYZ, Camera Eye, and Natural Science.

Here's what I'm thinking.

The Anarchist / Caravan

The Main Monkey Business / YYZ

Distant Early Warning / The Big Money

Red Barchetta / Limelight

Jacob's Ladder / Natural Science

Edited by Disk98

Jacobs Ladder/Natural Science

Camera Eye/Spirit of Radio

Cygnus for anything

if any of these actually happen, I'm gonna have to do multiple shows. And I still don't have a ticket for the show here :)

They can rotate anything from Moving Pictures on or in the encore but I really want to keep Xanadu and Jacob's Ladder. They could rotate presentation with oracle or soliloquey. Cygnus with A Farewell to Kings would be okay. Just don't want them to rotate out first full Xanadu and JL in 34+ years.
  • Like 2

I'm surprised they'd rotate out "Jacob's Ladder". They haven't played it in decades - since 1980, I think.

I refuse to believe that they will not play Jacob's Ladder every night. I think songs like Natural Science and The Camera Eye were likely rehearsed, hence them being in the tour book, but they might not have been able to work them into the set list at the last minute, and they could always change things on the fly. I think Jacob's Ladder stays.

I could see the Big Money/DEW, Anarchist/Wreckers and Red Barchetta/YYZ swaps.

Personally, I say leave the set list exactly as it was last night. No need to rotate anything when the set list is that great (except for OLV, which I know isn't going anywhere).

• Like 2

I think Red Barchetta might be in a three song rotation with YYZ and TCE. They did that last tour with TBE, LL and Middletown so it's possible this time. No way Xandu gets rotated. That's the centerpiece of the second set.

Anarchist - Wreckers

DEW - Big Money

Red Barchetta - (YYZ + Camera Eye?)

Jacobs Ladder - Natural Science

They played 23 songs last night, Alex said they rehearsed 36? Yes I know its alex but I'm wondering if they will rotate out anything in the encore. The first album has a lot of easy songs to play, I could see this:

What Your Doing - Finding My Way or In the Mood?

Lakeside Park - Bastille Day or Bald?

Other options

MMB - for Limbo or Malignant Narcissism

FOH seems to be hinting that they are going to be changing up a lot this tour. Since its only a little over 30 dates maybe they are willing to put everything in the blender and change things up every night. Go big for basically your farewell tour. They used to be safe maybe they wanna do things different now.

EDIT: I am watching Jacobs Ladder right now and if I am not mistaken Geddy introduces it saying we have never played this song live???… ESL?

I hope they cut out a lot of those. I really don't want them to touch the second half of the set. I think the only one I'd be okay with that people have mentioned here is Jacob's for Nat Sci.

• Like 1

Before the TM to our I would have been okay with TCE and JL rotating hut since they stopped playing JL on the last tour before I was old enough to see them, I don't want to miss it. Anything in the encore or fgirst set is fair game.