Poll - should 20-30 minutes be moved from 1st set to 2nd & encore, so more epics and classics could be played?

GabesCavesOfIce

Should Rush shorten first set and add second encore  

17 members have voted

1. 1. With that mind blowing second set, do you want Rush to shorten the first set and use that time for a second set, including some of the tour book listed songs such as Camera Eye and Natural Science, among others?

• NO - leave that first set alone. Keep it at its current length!
    • YES - take 20-30 minutes from first set and add time to second set and encore, so more classics can be played
    • Scrap first set list entirely. Entire concert should be like that second set and encore.

Should 20-30 minutes be moved from 1st set to 2nd & encore, for more epics and classics could be played? (This was highly influenced by the live periscope video. Thank you so much to Russell and Lucas for doing that video!) Edited by Gabrielgil513

The first set will just make everyone appreciate the second set even more. Not that they won't anyway.

The first set will just make everyone appreciate the second set even more. Not that they won't anyway.

Natural Science will apparently be rotated in. Many members are saying Jacobs (never been played before) Ladder will be rotated out.

So if NS is coming in, you are effectively saying, rotate out JL or Xanadu, as opposed to rotating out One Little Victory or Animate?

Natural Science will apparently be rotated in. Many members are saying Jacobs (never been played before) Ladder will be rotated out.

So if NS is coming in, you are effectively saying, rotate out JL or Xanadu, as opposed to rotating out One Little Victory or Animate?

I saw them May 1980 at The Palladium in NYC, and one of my top memories of that is when they played Jacob's Ladder -

I love the fact that they are bringing it back - Jacob's Ladder is in my Top 3 all time

I saw them May 1980 at The Palladium in NYC, and one of my top memories of that is when they played Jacob's Ladder -

I love the fact that they are bringing it back - Jacob's Ladder is in my Top 3 all time

Lucas, that's my point. Save Jacobs Ladder for everyone. They have almost never played JL until tonite. Many members are saying Natural Science will be rotated in at the expense of JL. I think Geddy actually said they never played it in concert. I have heard they played it a few times right after it was released.

The first set was good, reminded me of about 25 Rush concerts I have seen the last 2-3 decades. The second set brought me back to seeing them in 1981, 1982 (even on that grainy video, but the sound was great tonite on periscope). Would be devastated if one of the shows I am at and Jacob is rotated out.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Lucas, that's my point. Save Jacobs Ladder for everyone. They have almost never played JL until tonite. Many members are saying Natural Science will be rotated in at the expense of JL. I think Geddy actually said they never played it in concert. I have heard they played it a few times right after it was released.

The first set was good, reminded me of about 25 Rush concerts I have seen the last 2-3 decades. The second set brought me back to seeing them in 1981, 1982 (even on that grainy video, but the sound was great tonite on periscope). Would be devastated if one of the shows I am at and Jacob is rotated out.

I completely agree - here's the first video on you tube ... They need to keep it in all the shows - it is in Geddy's range, and it sounds great ... The lighting is amazing

Edited by Lucas

I completely agree - here's the first video on you tube ... They need to keep it in all the shows - it is in Geddy's range, and it sounds great ... The lighting is amazing

Exactly...what blew me away was the light show during Jacob, prelude, Cygnus, Xanadu...epic stretch. I can't sleep. It's almost 3am.

• Like 1