Official R40 Setlist Poll--Expectations met?

R40 Setlist Poll  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Did Rush deliver the Goods?

• Hell Yes
    • Meh
    • Big disappointment--I want my money back
  2. 2. Biggest Surprise of the Night

• Jacob's Ladder
    • Xanadu
    • Hemispheres--Prelude
    • Cygnus x1 Instrumental--drum solo
    • Lakeside Park
    • Anthem
    • What you're Doing?
    • Working Man
    • Clockwork Angels Opener
    • Epic Roll the Bones video
    • Geddy playing Thunderbird bass
    • Doublenecks
    • The Light Show of Light Shows

I can't believe Narps went to f***ing bed...and missed out! My God we must give him shit tomorrow

I took my nap during all the CA songs...that had to be a good 20 minutes eh?

just stay in the parking lot and have a couple more beers.

soooo....can i borrow your front row seat?

Why are the choices only "Hell Yeah, Meh, and A Huge Dissapointment?" I though the setlist was great, but they could have done a LOT more for the synth era.

f the synth area

• Like 1

Jacob's Ladder was transcendant...so well done. I'm gonna have to straighten out EagleMoon calling out Alex for making a mistake (or 3) in the song.

BUZZKILL

Sorry, I just calls em as I hears em. :)

jacob's ladder has been really difficult for them to play in the past, which is probably why it hasn't made the cut in previous tours. There's sections of it that can really trainwreck.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

They did the ENTIRE FULL LENGTH XANADU with their doublenecks???

Hell yeah, they did. From what I saw on the Periscope stream, it was fantastic! Wish I were there in person.

• Like 1

Yes, I realize I am the "meh" vote, but I chalk that up more to the first set rather than the second set.

I voted money back...and Roll the Bones, cause I'm a smartass. But Jacobs Ladder and Lakeside are worth the price of admission. I was texting my buddies like mad to share the setlist.

Nobody saw LP coming. Or Anthem. Or WYD. JL was the shiznit. Well played boys!!! RTB was made cool by that video...way cool

Oh man, Lakeside Park is going to rock the house during the Tampa show--it's on the 24th of May!

I've been thinking that same thing. HOWEVER, I heard they didn't play the full song - haven't heard a recording yet - but maybe they didn't get the line "everyone would gather, on the 24th of May..." Can anyone verify?

Yes, I realize I am the "meh" vote, but I chalk that up more to the first set rather than the second set.

I voted money back...and Roll the Bones, cause I'm a smartass. But Jacobs Ladder and Lakeside are worth the price of admission. I was texting my buddies like mad to share the setlist.

Nobody saw LP coming. Or Anthem. Or WYD. JL was the shiznit. Well played boys!!! RTB was made cool by that video...way cool

Oh man, Lakeside Park is going to rock the house during the Tampa show--it's on the 24th of May!

I've been thinking that same thing. HOWEVER, I heard they didn't play the full song - haven't heard a recording yet - but maybe they didn't get the line "everyone would gather, on the 24th of May..." Can anyone verify?

Yes, they played the whole thing.

• Like 1

Why are the choices only "Hell Yeah, Meh, and A Huge Dissapointment?" I though the setlist was great, but they could have done a LOT more for the synth era.

f the synth area

f the 70s then.

f the synth area

f the 70s then.

You know it's serious when Jack gets involved:

Verified thrice!!! BOOM

Well almost 100 votes into this thing and only one person wanted their money back, and Goose was just being snarky, so the band has pull off the impossible and pleased everybody who voted here--wow!

Lakeside Park is clearly the surprise of the tour with setlist A. Not even close. What you're Doing distant second.

•  

• Jacob's Ladder (13 votes [7.60%])
    Percentage of vote: 7.60%
  • Xanadu (13 votes [7.60%])
    Percentage of vote: 7.60%
  • Hemispheres--Prelude (6 votes [3.51%])
    Percentage of vote: 3.51%
  • Cygnus x1 Instrumental--drum solo (11 votes [6.43%])
    Percentage of vote: 6.43%
  • Lakeside Park (57 votes [33.33%])
    Percentage of vote: 33.33%
  • Anthem (15 votes [8.77%])
    Percentage of vote: 8.77%
  • What you're Doing? (27 votes [15.79%])
    Percentage of vote: 15.79%
  • Working Man (1 votes [0.58%])
    Percentage of vote: 0.58%
  • Clockwork Angels Opener (4 votes [2.34%])
    Percentage of vote: 2.34%
  • Epic Roll the Bones video (6 votes [3.51%])
    Percentage of vote: 3.51%
  • Geddy playing Thunderbird bass (5 votes [2.92%])
    Percentage of vote: 2.92%
  • Doublenecks (9 votes [5.26%])
    Percentage of vote: 5.26%
  • The Light Show of Light Shows (4 votes [2.34%])

Actually, they did not play all of Lakeside Park! I just heard the recording - they cut to Anthem before the breakdown after the solo and he does not sing the "Everyone would gather on the 24th of May" line....

Give up the feedback

What do you think? Discuss with a vigor

I think they delivered. I knew theyd play too much CA for my taste :) - but not obnoxiously so, and they rested the superclassics I didnt mind missing and kept the ones I do still enjoy (TSOR TS) while, I mean cmon, holy crap throwing mega super holy cow oldies in there, like an extra part of 2112, the Mighty Hemispheres, and Jacobs ladder.

They didnt mail it in, they played their old hearts out, and the music and the glorious light show and videos were great.

Last of the big time tours? Fine. Go out on a high note like that.

• Like 2

Actually, they did not play all of Lakeside Park! I just heard the recording - they cut to Anthem before the breakdown after the solo and he does not sing the "Everyone would gather on the 24th of May" line....

Wot? I could have sworn I sung that line! (I was singing along to everything!) Don't get old kids or you won't be able to remember any...hey, what was I doing?

Wot? I could have sworn I sung that line! (I was singing along to everything!) Don't get old kids or you won't be able to remember any...hey, what was I doing?

hahaha - sorry, I'm already old! But I had the benefit of the recording. I'm sure if I was lucky enough to be there (like you!) I would have had the entire Rush catalog running through my synapses for a week!

hahaha - sorry, I'm already old! But I had the benefit of the recording. I'm sure if I was lucky enough to be there (like you!) I would have had the entire Rush catalog running through my synapses for a week!

Hmm, so I wonder, will they sing that line only at the Tampa show then?!

I'm in the camp of 1st set = Meh; 2nd set = hell yes!

With all respect to the band, I'd suggest that the majority of the people coming out for their final tour didn't pay to see stuff from their last two albums. Heck I'd bet a not insignificant percentage of people coming out has never even heard stuff from their most recent two albums.

With all respect to the band, I'd suggest that the majority of the people coming out for their final tour didn't pay to see stuff from their last two albums. Heck I'd bet a not insignificant percentage of people coming out has never even heard stuff from their most recent two albums.

There's probably some truth to a good percentage of people not knowing Rush's recent material. With that said, I think Rush prides themselves on their entire career and not just on the nostalgia part. I mentioned this in another thread - would I swap some Clockwork Angels songs out for earlier ones? Yes. But, I also want Rush to perform the songs with enthusiasm and sincerity. I like Clockwork Angels, so I can live with the setlist, as is. And the second part of the concert is proof Rush cares about all Rush fans.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2

There's probably some truth to a good percentage of people not knowing Rush's recent material. With that said, I think Rush prides themselves one their entire career and not just on the nostalgia part. I mentioned this in another thread - would I swap some Clockwork Angels songs out for earlier ones? Yes. But, I also want Rush to perform the songs with enthusiasm and sincerity. I like Clockwork Angels, so I can live with the setlist, as is. And the second part of the concert is proof Rush cares about all Rush fans.

No Doubt... And I know that they cannot please everyone. Rush is without a doubt one of my top 3 or 4 favorite bands of all time, but their last couple of albums didn't do it for me personally.... Not sure why. And there are a few major classics that I'm badly going to miss (even though they have been played in concert many times before).

It will be interesting to see what kind of rotation they have on this tour. What songs come in and out over the course of the summer.

I think the opening night setlist was just about perfect. I loved Clockwork Angels so we're good there.

Distant Early Warning, Animate and Subdivisions are all on my shortlist of all-time favorites.

Then we've got Xanadu, Jacob's Ladder and 2112. All rock solid.

After that it gets crazy. Lakeside Park? What You're Doing? I never ever thought I would hear those songs played live. What a way to go out!

Safe to say: expectations met, exceeded, blown up!

:notworthy:

It's going to be a tough 2 1/2 months to wait.

• Like 1

There's probably some truth to a good percentage of people not knowing Rush's recent material. With that said, I think Rush prides themselves on their entire career and not just on the nostalgia part. I mentioned this in another thread - would I swap some Clockwork Angels songs out for earlier ones? Yes. But, I also want Rush to perform the songs with enthusiasm and sincerity. I like Clockwork Angels, so I can live with the setlist, as is. And the second part of the concert is proof Rush cares about all Rush fans.

This.