Official R40 Setlist Poll--Expectations met?

R40 Setlist Poll  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Did Rush deliver the Goods?

• Hell Yes
    • Meh
    • Big disappointment--I want my money back
  2. 2. Biggest Surprise of the Night

• Jacob's Ladder
    • Xanadu
    • Hemispheres--Prelude
    • Cygnus x1 Instrumental--drum solo
    • Lakeside Park
    • Anthem
    • What you're Doing?
    • Working Man
    • Clockwork Angels Opener
    • Epic Roll the Bones video
    • Geddy playing Thunderbird bass
    • Doublenecks
    • The Light Show of Light Shows

I can't believe Narps went to f***ing bed...and missed out! My God we must give him shit tomorrow

I took my nap during all the CA songs...that had to be a good 20 minutes eh?

Have you turned in your Rush card yet for saying that?!

• Like 1

I can't possibly go to sleep

I felt like I've put through the ringer. I'm so spent. It was one rocking song after another. Incredible! Can't wait for Tampa in 2 Weeks.

• Like 1

Jacob's Ladder was transcendant...so well done. I'm gonna have to straighten out EagleMoon calling out Alex for making a mistake (or 3) in the song.

BUZZKILL

It was the outro of Xanadu. I noticed it too, just a few notes here and there but he recovered well.

I want a closeup pic of Neils chromey kit.

Was it just me or did it sound like his playing style was... different on Chromey 2.0?

Like he was channeling his old self, and none of that Gruber traditional grip jazzy mumbo-jumbo.

• Like 1

OK, what was up with giving us Lakeside Park? Damn that was nuts

Yeah, especially because Geddy said he hates it.

If that's the case look for Fly By Night to replace Lakeside Park for the "B" set :D

• Like 1

Rotating out JL would be HUGELY unfair to those going to only one show.

The JL, Prelude, Cygnus, Xanadu sequence was unbelievable, especially the light show during the first 3 of those songs was unreal. (CTTH really didn't fit into that sequence. Glad they kept it short)

How they worked the drum solo into Cygnus...unbelievable.

I have seen them 27 times, and never saw a setlist like that.

Honey, sweetie, we are flying to Tampa in a few weeks!! Two shows ain't enough. TRUST ME!

• Like 1

Definitely a shocker that second set and now I am already interested for Sunday….. I'm sure like everyone is thinking… please please DO NOT SUB OUT JACOB'S LADDER!!! There is going to be rioting if you sub out a song you rarely ever played and last time was 1980.

But seriously its looking like the subs will be:

Anarchist/Wreckers

Red Barchetta/YYZ

Jacobs/Natural Science

DEW/Big Money

No clue where Camera Eyes is going to fit in

I wouldn't be surprised if it was alternated with Xanadu. I think the show in Lincoln will answer this question.

I want a closeup pic of Neils chromey kit.

Was it just me or did it sound like his playing style was... different on Chromey 2.0?

Like he was channeling his old self, and none of that Gruber traditional grip jazzy mumbo-jumbo.

I didn't notice anything "different" per say. In the moment it was all golden

Narp, Mick, do you like apples?

http://media.giphy.com/media/jfsaMQr3GNkKk/giphy.gif

i wsas positive.........i love the 2nd set on. i really do.

1st set......meh.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Definitely a shocker that second set and now I am already interested for Sunday….. I'm sure like everyone is thinking… please please DO NOT SUB OUT JACOB'S LADDER!!! There is going to be rioting if you sub out a song you rarely ever played and last time was 1980.

Anarchist/Wreckers

Red Barchetta/YYZ

Jacobs/Natural Science

DEW/Big Money

I wouldn't be surprised if it was alternated with Xanadu. I think the show in Lincoln will answer this question.

If they swap out Xanadu with Camera Eye, Set A would win every single round. And I have show #14 if this is what happens so I get set B.

It was fitting to open with an epic...because Clockwork Angels is EPIC.

at least they picked CA songs i really like, lol

i'm serious BTW TM.....no sarcasm.

Mick

Good...I'd hate to go into a bigger, more intense mode of fanboi

It was fitting to open with an epic...because Clockwork Angels is EPIC.

at least they picked CA songs i really like, lol

i'm serious BTW TM.....no sarcasm.

Mick

Good...I'd hate to go into a bigger, more intense mode of fanboi

lol no god. i really did like the CA choices. and the 2nd set on is a beast.

Mick

• Like 1

Yes, I realize I am the "meh" vote, but I chalk that up more to the first set rather than the second set.

I voted money back...and Roll the Bones, cause I'm a smartass. But Jacobs Ladder and Lakeside are worth the price of admission. I was texting my buddies like mad to share the setlist.
  • Like 1

Yes, I realize I am the "meh" vote, but I chalk that up more to the first set rather than the second set.

I voted money back...and Roll the Bones, cause I'm a smartass. But Jacobs Ladder and Lakeside are worth the price of admission. I was texting my buddies like mad to share the setlist.

Nobody saw LP coming. Or Anthem. Or WYD. JL was the shiznit. Well played boys!!! RTB was made cool by that video...way cool

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Anarchist/Wreckers

Red Barchetta/YYZ

Jacobs/Natural Science

DEW/Big Money

If they swap out Xanadu with Camera Eye, Set A would win every single round. And I have show #14 if this is what happens so I get set B.

I'll be at the NYC show (wish I could go to the Newark show as well but concert/music buying budget's a bit tight atm) and that's show #22. Unless I was super high when I counted, NYC gets Set A.

Nobody saw LP coming. Or Anthem. Or WYD. JL was the shiznit. Well played boys!!! RTB was made cool by that video...way cool

Oh man, Lakeside Park is going to rock the house during the Tampa show--it's on the 24th of May!

• Like 2