One Rush song you secretly like, but......

GW2

I have been listening to "Tears" a lot - and I can honestly say that I love that song - the mood is magnificent, and the short ( maybe too short ) instrumental passage at the conclusion is very moving

Love Tears

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I find the first two albums offer rich pickings for this category. I think Before and After from the debut is a great song (love the melodic intro and transition to hard rock) and also think Best I Can rocks. Edited by rftag
  • Like 1

The trees, or fountain of lamneth

How It Is - I used to hate it, but I really like it now!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I love Carve Away The Stone, Hand Over Fist, Countdown, High Water, Bravest Face, The Larger Bowl, The Color of Right, The Speed of Love, and Nobody'a Hero, Half The World.

Out of that, I'd LOVE to see Countdown or Hand Over Fist live. Half The World and The Speed of Love would come after that.

Edited by DistantEarlySignals

These songs you guys are listing are less than average? :codger:

A lot of people hate the Body Electric, especially the 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 SOS line. I love it. It's probably in my top 20.

Edited by Hemisteers
  • Like 2

Tai Shan and high Water

The whole HYF Album

It just a departure from other Rush albums.

also red tide is a favorite that doesn't seem get much talk.

HYF is my favourite album hands down from this band.

It toppled AFTK and MP. Might not be a very representative album for Rush and their sound, but there is so much emotion, creativity and intensity to the music and the lyrics, that it just hands down moves me more than anything else!

• Like 3

Tai Shan and high Water

The whole HYF Album

HYF is my favourite album hands down from this band.

It toppled AFTK and MP. Might not be a very representative album for Rush and their sound, but there is so much emotion, creativity and intensity to the music and the lyrics, that it just hands down moves me more than anything else!

Totally agree on the merits of Hold Your Fire. Not representative of what most consider the classic Rush mold, sonically. But the arrangements are top-notch, the music is brilliant, and lyrically, I think it was Neil's finest hour.

• Like 1

A lot of people hate the Body Electric, especially the 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 SOS line. I love it. It's probably in my top 20.

AMEN. When they played that on the CA tour, I went absolutely bonkers. I had scored third row tickets in front of Alex, most of the folks around me seemed less into the synth-heavy setlist, and when I started jumping up and down for that intro, I swear Alex gave me this puzzled look like, "Well, I guess that guy gets it."

• Like 3

Honestly I think all of Presto is amazing. If I was forced to pick one I didn't like it would be Superconductor ONLY BECAUSE of it being a more pop-sounding song. (same case for Closer to the Heart... Hope I'm not offending anyone)

Actually to add to that, Hand Over Fist is a favorite of mine for reasons I don't know but the for sure in my top 5 on the album. On a different note, I like some on Test For Echo (haven't seen people's opinions on it here elsewhere because I'm new) and TBH I'd probably like it all except I haven't listened to it too much. And for sure 100% of Vapor Trails!

Actually to add to that, Hand Over Fist is a favorite of mine for reasons I don't know but the for sure in my top 5 on the album. On a different note, I like some on Test For Echo (haven't seen people's opinions on it here elsewhere because I'm new) and TBH I'd probably like it all except I haven't listened to it too much. And for sure 100% of Vapor Trails!

I am the same way with Hand Over Fist. I have no clue why I love it so much, but I just love it!

I am the same way with Hand Over Fist. I have no clue why I love it so much, but I just love it!

I have a slight idea... The lyrics are clever IMO and I like the guitar riffs... But otherwise I have no clue why it's such a great song!

How can someone NOT love Cold Fire?!?! It's a damn good Rush song, great melody, witty lyric and chorus enough to gain massive airplay. It should have been a single.

Open Secrets seems to be in a limbo, not many think of it as a favourite and I don't recall they ever played it live. I think it's a wonderful tune.

Still I don't need to love anything secretly...

Tai Shan and high Water

The whole HYF Album

I'm sitting on the toilet taking a Tai Shan right now but I must admit I love Hold Your Fire. Periodically I'll give the entire album a spin and find enjoyment in Tai Shan and High Water. I can't say the same for The Body Electric.