What are Neil, Geddy, and Alex doing right now?

WTF are they doing right now?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Pre-opening night routine

• Geddy and Alex are playing paper football, and drinking
    • They're all drinking
    • Neil is changing his oil
    • Neil, Geddy, and Alex are applying Preparation H to their assteroids
    • Having a ping pong tournament
    • Neil is attending a night class on Native American Culture
    • Geddy is watching a baseball game
    • Alex is doing his sock puppet routine in a bar downtown Tulsa
    • They're all drinking and playing ping pong

:Alex: Dirk that was a sweet bassline. Man these new tunes are really shaping up.

: :geddy: Thanks Al. I wrote it on my Thunderbird bass. I call that riff "Stuffin' Sausage"

:Alex: Think Pratt is ready to come in and jam on these? We got 7 songs already.

:geddy: Naw...We gotta milk this whole "retirement" thing. It's what packs the arenas.

:Neil: Call me when you guys get your shit together...I'm almost finished with my book.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 6

:Neil: Hey guys, I'm almost finished with my new book. The title is "Why Now? Why Not?" How does that grab you?

:geddy: Certainly seems appropriate.

:Alex: I think it sucks Neil. How 'bout "Touring: It's what musicians do!"

:geddy: What about "Ditching my bros, 'cause that's what Hosers do!"

:Neil: How about a raise and a case of this :macallan: ?

:Alex: "Hoser Dude"...that's the name for our new instrumental.

• Like 4

:Neil: Hey guys, did I tell you I started playing guitar? Really getting into it. It's fun

:Alex: That's so cool Pratt.

:geddy: Yeah that is...any ideas so far?

:Neil: Got a couple of ideas. Remember how you and Al wrote "The Wreckers" by switching instruments? Is Lerxt ready to try drums?

:Alex: Uhhhh...dunno about that.

• Like 4

:Neil: Hey guys, did I tell you I started playing guitar? Really getting into it. It's fun

:Alex: That's so cool Pratt.

:geddy: Yeah that is...any ideas so far?

:Neil: Got a couple of ideas. Remember how you and Al wrote "The Wreckers" by switching instruments? Is Lerxt ready to try drums?

:Alex: Uhhhh...dunno about that.

Pratt is trying out as singer for The Foo Fighters to replace Dave. F drums, F Rush, I wanna sing!
  • Like 1

:geddy: Hey Lerxst I been thinking about what Pratt was talking about.

:Alex: What was that Dirk I can't rememember?

:geddy: you know about one of us learning to play drums

:Alex: Oh I thought he was just using that as a reference for his new book

:geddy: no ,no Ya he was serious I could tell. I think it should be me?

:Alex: Really don't you think you play enough instruments now?

:geddy: Ya it would be a challenge but I think with a little practice I could pull it off

:Alex: Well then maybe I could sing HmmmHmmm hummm whooo Haaaa hmm hmmm I love singing it's so easy

:geddy: ya no I could still sing lerxst because drumming is not so hard and you even get to sit down the whole show

:Neil: HEY thats not funny! Lets jast exchange some tapes of what we've been fiddling with and see where it goes from there.

:Alex: ya cool

:geddy: Ya

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Neil is sitting with his wife and they are watching their daughter's piano lessons... or ballet. Geddy is drinking wine and writing a new tune or 7 and Al is playing golf in Florida. Hopefully...

:Alex: Hey Dirk, I've got a new idea for a guitar instrumental for the new album. I'm gonna rip off Eddie Van Halen's Eruption...check this out

:geddy: Thaaaat sounds nothing like Eddie Lerxt...but it still sounds awesome. What are you gonna call it?

:Alex: I was thinking "Ejaculations of Phobos". Cool eh?

:geddy: Better than Eruption Part II my man. It's a hit!!!

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 5

Geddy is analyzing possible trade scenarios to improve his fantasy baseball teams.

Alex is enjoying a nice dinner at a charity event.

Neil is signing thousands more faceplates for for his upcoming series of book releases, mapping out routes for beemer rides this summer, and ignoring the dozens of text messages and voice mails Geddy and Alex have left for him over the past 6 months.

:laughing yellow guy:

Seriously though, Geddy was just sighted at a Lakers game a few days ago, which might lead one to believe he may have also visited Neil, and wonder how the conversation may have went.

• Like 1

Geddy is analyzing possible trade scenarios to improve his fantasy baseball teams.

Neil is signing thousands more faceplates for for his upcoming series of book releases, mapping out routes for beemer rides this summer, and ignoring the dozens of text messages and voice mails Geddy and Alex have left for him over the past 6 months.

Seriously though, Geddy was just sighted at a Lakers game a few days ago, which might lead one to believe he may have also visited Neil, and wonder how the conversation may have went.

A Lakers game? What is he trying to meet Jack Nicholson?

Very interesting. (I'm stroking my beard)

Ummm kicking major ass

A Lakers game? What is he trying to meet Jack Nicholson?

I met a very cool guy on the R40 tour who said he had met Geddy at a Lakers game, so apparently the Gedster enjoys a little basketball along with his baseball. :huh:

• Like 1

Geddy's getting ready to watch today's Blue Jays game, Alex is making phone calls to get some more pot, and Neil is riding his motorcycle up to the Drum Workshop where he's working on some interesting rhythms that he thinks are worth putting into a song.
  • Like 2

Geddy and Al are waiting on postcards from Neil...you know, those little lifelines.

"In Moab again, beautiful as ever

I'm never touring again

Love, NP"

• Like 3

Geddy and Al are waiting on postcards from Neil...you know, those little lifelines.

I'm never touring again

Love, NP"

Just get another new guy already and move on, geez guys it ain't rocket science.

I'm never touring again

Love, NP"

Just get another new guy already and move on, geez guys it ain't rocket science.

Then it would not feel like Rush.

• Like 1