Another tourbook spoiler confirmation

Justin Case

i can see his single bass kit being used for the stuff that showed up in the other spoiler thread.

Then this kit is used for older material that may not have video accompanyment.

But we'll see. Can't wait!

i can see his single bass kit being used for the stuff that showed up in the other spoiler thread.

Then this kit is used for older material that may not have video accompanyment.

But we'll see. Can't wait!

THAT'S the thing...they don't have video for every song...people are thinking that the video listing is the "end all " to the set list...

• Like 1

Wow I was wrong!

Now it makes sense that Neil was divulging info on his tour kit.. Because this time the surprise is a second kit!!

• Like 2

I just looked for gear specs, and there is nothing in the tour book. There is a beautiful pic of Ged surrounded by about 25 bass guitars and it lists them all out, but nothing on drums or guitar (unless it's buried deep in the credits).

Anybody think this is a shitty photoshop?http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y338/EricS1138/b5d0c13c-3aa1-49c5-b408-f22c32aab53c_zpspuaqyyp8.jpg

I knew as soon as it was posted that someone would say that. :LOL: What about it do you think has been altered?

I just looked for gear specs, and there is nothing in the tour book. There is a beautiful pic of Ged surrounded by about 25 bass guitars and it lists them all out, but nothing on drums or guitar (unless it's buried deep in the credits).

Anything about his doubleneck?

I just had a thought...what if Neil has TWO kits for this tour...one for the first half of the show, setup like the ones he has been using for the last 20 years...and then THIS one, for the second half of the show?? Maybe half of the show is going to be a full-blown "Blast from the Past"-themed set???

Hmmm...

I just had a thought...what if Neil has TWO kits for this tour...one for the first half of the show, setup like the ones he has been using for the last 20 years...and then THIS one, for the second half of the show?? Maybe half of the show is going to be a full-blown "Blast from the Past"-themed set???

Hmmm...

You need to get out more. Lol. If you want applies, read some of threads. By the look of things, the 2nd set is all MP and prior.

• Like 1

Hmmm...

You need to get out more. Lol. If you want applies, read some of threads.

Whatever THAT means...

• Like 1

Hmmm...

Whatever THAT means...

I think you're right. I think we have his single kick set for a chunk of the show - stuff that may be referenced in teh tour book with videos, then the double kick comes out and they dive into their older material, with no videos - other than of them playing. We'll find out tomorrow as I'm sure it'll be posted everywhere!

That's hilarious. I really want them to post R40 merch on the site so I can order this goddamn tourbook already. Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1

Hmmm...

Whatever THAT means...

Lol. Damn iphone autocorrect. It was suppose to say "if you want spoilers".

There have numerous threads this week about the Tour Book info. Months ago, it was leaked that there will be the replica kit (chromey) and that it would be used for the latter part of the show. Then the tour book info confirmed a blueprint for the show where Signals to present would be first set and MP prior would be the 2nd set. This confirmed the earlier leak about the drum kit.

From what John Good (DW President) said in a recent interview (that SRO made most sites take down), this kit is going to be played in the second half of the show, which will focus on older material. It's modeled after the 1977-79 Slingerland "Black Chrome" kit. I believe it does have 2 timbales and a gong bass drum (in place of timpani). Not sure in terms of the additional acoustic percussion.

Does any know if the tourbook has more pics? Or text about the kit in the gear section? I going to an additional show just to see him play this thing!

Fans:

Thank you for drumming up interest for our forthcoming tour. Unfortunately, the kit pictured here is simply for historical reference, to be included in our R40 Traveling Museum, accompanying our tour.

Ged, Al and I thought this would be obvious to our fans as we no longer play songs 1977 - 1979.

Furthermore, talk of my imminent retirement is premature, as Clockwork Angels needs to be played live for years to come.

Many thanks,

Neil

From what John Good (DW President) said in a recent interview (that SRO made most sites take down), this kit is going to be played in the second half of the show, which will focus on older material. It's modeled after the 1977-79 Slingerland "Black Chrome" kit. I believe it does have 2 timbales and a gong bass drum (in place of timpani). Not sure in terms of the additional acoustic percussion.

Does any know if the tourbook has more pics? Or text about the kit in the gear section? I going to an additional show just to see him play this thing!

Fans:

Thank you for drumming up interest for our forthcoming tour. Unfortunately, the kit pictured here is simply for historical reference, to be included in our R40 Traveling Museum, accompanying our tour.

Ged, Al and I thought this would be obvious to our fans as we no longer play songs 1977 - 1979.

Furthermore, talk of my imminent retirement is premature, as Clockwork Angels needs to be played live for years to come.

Many thanks,

Neil

:clap: :ebert:

It sure seems like this tour is getting very little promotion. Not much merchandise, obviously no new music to go along with it. Just feels odd.

Re radio promo - I think sales have been great. In NY area at least, MSG and NJ sold out within two weeks (what is this, 1981?). They added some side stage seats in Jersey a few weeks ago that remain avail. Not many left. Not much reason to spend $$ here. Probably will be some radio ads in the week leading up to the shows to drum up interest! *I did it again*

Edited by Gabrielgil513

It sure seems like this tour is getting very little promotion. Not much merchandise, obviously no new music to go along with it. Just feels odd.

Agreed. That said, it seems like they're selling enough tickets nonetheless.

I think that's partly due to the "last tour of this magnitude" comment and people afraid this is their last chance to see them.

I think that's partly due to the "last tour of this magnitude" comment and people afraid this is their last chance to see them.

Lots of people are saying that, but to be honest, I am unsure that most rock fans are even aware of that fact. The casual cross-genre rock fans are the guys that fill a majority of seats. Granted, Rush audiences are a niche unto themselves.

I think Rush is more popular than ever, and everybody is scrambling to hit what seems to be the last gasps of touring from their many of their favorite arena level musicians...look how many acts are out this summer season alone....the Stones. Rush. Van Halen. AC/DC. Aerosmith. The Scorpions. U2. I don't think it's a coincidence.