Most Boring Concert

toymaker

Wang Chung! Saw them open for the Cars years back...the first song they played was great, then the next 40 minutes was a wtf/sleep fest! They ended with Dance Hall Days and thankfully left!

So I guess everyone didn't Wang Chung that night. ;)

• Like 1

I went to the grand ole opery when I was like 9. I fell asleep it was so boring

Now I would kill to go, but back then I didn't even really care much for music outside of Rush, Sabbath, Purple, e.t.c.

• Like 1

Jethro Tull playing all of Thick as a Brick. Including the new version. People say Ged has lost his voice, man Ian Anderson is really awful, actually had a second singer there to help him out.

Yes. I was kind of happy he decided not to go out as Jethro Tull without Martin and with his voice sounding so bad in recent years. It sounds fine on the newer material but not on the classic stuff.

Jethro Tull playing all of Thick as a Brick. Including the new version. People say Ged has lost his voice, man Ian Anderson is really awful, actually had a second singer there to help him out.

Oddly enough, Geddy has stated that the his favourite show ever was Jethro Tull on the TaaB tour.

Also, Geddy once mentioned that the only show he walked out on was Lou Reed. Not so much because it was Lou Reed, but because Genesis opened for him and they were simply too strong an act to follow (this would have been in 73 or 74).

• Like 1

Slipknot - just sounded crap - twice

Motorhead - same - walked out after 20 mins. Then had to sit in the car for the rest of the show as we were blocked in. :facepalm:

Shitsnot is just wretched. Motorhead is great live. Interesting.

Slipknot - just sounded crap - twice

Motorhead - same - walked out after 20 mins. Then had to sit in the car for the rest of the show as we were blocked in. :facepalm:

Shitsnot is just wretched. Motorhead is great live. Interesting.

We hadn't actually gone to see Motorhead, they just happened to be headlining. We had gone to see Anthrax. As for Slipknot, they were at Download Festival 2004 and we left to see Slayer on the other stage, and then at Manchester where they co-headlined with Slayer. So we hadn't actually paid to see the bands that were crap.

• Like 1

Wang Chung! Saw them open for the Cars years back...the first song they played was great, then the next 40 minutes was a wtf/sleep fest! They ended with Dance Hall Days and thankfully left!

So I guess everyone didn't Wang Chung that night. ;)

:LOL:

Now I would kill to go, but back then I didn't even really care much for music outside of Rush, Sabbath, Purple, e.t.c.

How the hell is Tokyo these days? :D

How the hell is Tokyo these days? :D

A big giant technocity, with tiny little traditional houses and bars stuffed in the alleyways, charming but too crowded.

• Like 1