Avoiding Spoilers

Just curious, how many of you are trying to avoid spoilers until they actually go see the show? I've never done it before so I'm doing everything in my power to go with no knowledge of the setlist.
  • Like 2

I wonder if this was a calculated setlist leak or if nobody actually thought about it when sending the VIP Swag out.

It would have been pretty easy to send along a special coupon for the tourbook once you arrived that the venue, no?

I am doing everything in my power to not click on anything that might contain a setlist spoiler and I've got three weeks to go.

So far I haven't been this committed since I switched from briefs to boxers.

Problem is you have posts like johnnyonthespot's in this forum that NEEDS to be moved to the R40 Spoiler section that someone will invariably click on by accident.

Soon I'll be getting emails from people about the setlist and this or that song and I'll have to avoid those too. Last tour three people sent me reviews of the first show, lol. I wasn't avoiding the setlist but if that happens this time I might be cooked.

Never mind my friends in St. Paul that even if I tell not to share what they know about the setlist, song titles start slipping out anyway.

Oh well. If it happens it happens.

Just curious, how many of you are trying to avoid spoilers until they actually go see the show? I've never done it before so I'm doing everything in my power to go with no knowledge of the setlist.

Everything except...

http://news.techgenie.com/files/Turn-off-your-Computer.jpg

• Like 1

Oh people. Just give in to the dark side.

Coincidence the tour book info leaked on Star Wars Day? Many faced the dark side. Many lost. My breathing got a little raspier the moment I clicked to open....

• Like 1

Given how bad the CA setlist was, glad I checked in advance and adjusted my expectations accordingly
  • Like 1

Given how bad the CA setlist was, glad I checked in advance and adjusted my expectations accordingly

Indeed...
  • Like 1

Given how fantastic the CA setlist was, glad I checked in advance and adjusted my expectations accordingly

Fixed
  • Like 2

Given how fantastic the CA setlist was, glad I checked in advance and adjusted my expectations accordingly

Fixed

Glad u liked it. I like all their stuff, but love 70s. The extreme imbalance of CA setlist was challenging.

• Like 1

My first Rush concert was ruined by knowing the setlist. It was the Vancouver show on the TM tour, second last show of the second leg. I did not think I would get to see the tour, so I spoiled to setlist on opening night in the first leg. As glad as I was to see Rush, knowing every song that was coming next was kind of dull.

For the CA tour, I only suffered from two spoilers thanks to the youtube suggestion feed, however they were obvious songs that there was no denying would be played (Tom Sawyer and Headlong Flight).

In order to prevent spoilers (I only have to avoid them for four days thank goodness) I simply avoid anything from this forum, avoid all articles about Rush, and use a direct link to my subscription feed in youtube to avoid the recommended for you tab. As an extra caution, I won't watch any live clips from any band remotely related to Rush. Finally to cap it off, I will make sure I don't read the tour program until the end of the show (seeing how the Time Machine program flat out printed the setlist right in it as if the book was the program for an orchestra)

• Like 1

Fixed

Glad u liked it. I like all their stuff, but love 70s. The extreme imbalance of CA setlist was challenging.

Well, Power Windows was my favorite album, and I love the 80s stuff, so that's where my Bias comes in. Thanks for taking my edit in stride.

I usually give in, but I don't want to see the setlist before this show. If I happen to see a song or two in a casual post, I'm not going to freak out... because if I really cared that much, I'd avoid the tour subforums altogether.

It's good to know when you can go beer line/ pee.

Of course, any song from CA fits this criteria

I love surprises and for that reason I hate spoilers.

I wasn't on this forum until just after the CA tour, so I ran a much lower risk of the setlist being spoiled for me before I saw the show. With all the talk that's been going on here for weeks before the first show I decided to goto the opening night so I can actually be surprised, and then read those threads in another four days from now.

I'm going to hold out for the entire month between Opening Night and my first show of the tour (Columbus). I was able to hold off for the CA Tour until my first show in Bridgeport, and the surprise of each song was amazing. (Except I had known TS/2112 was the encore, because the RUSH Facebook page posted a pic of the encore of the printed setlist...I still don't know why they did that.)

I get to see consecutive shows in Columbus and Buffalo, so if there are any swap-outs, I'll get to see them this time. On CA tour I ended up with Night A all three times, so the only variable was whether the fifth song would be Body Electric or Limelight.

I just see no point myself in having the show's set list spoiled for me. I want to go in fresh and let it all wash over me with no expectations. Just my preference though.

I was so glad to see a separate sub-forum set up this morning for the spoilers ;).

• Like 1

It's good to know when you can go beer line/ pee.

Of course, any song from CA fits this criteria

Had a cute retort to your post but my lips are sealed. :ph34r:

Somehow it referenced The Wreckers or The Garden I assume