all this rush retirement/slowing down talk

lifeson90

I'm sure your band is equitable with Rush's physical demands of gigging.

LOL.

You seem to have a need to make a speculative conversation personal. Why is that?

What you think and what they've tried to say, without saying it outright, are different things.

What Geddy has explicitly said outright, "It's clear we have to slow down.......tihs will be the last major tour -- for a while."

Folks here have a long history of blowing things out of proportion, and I think this is a textbook example of that. $20 says we get some very contradictory quotes before this tour is over.

And writing novels is not the same thing as touring arenas across the world. Newsflash.

It's an analogy, from a very equivalent, demanding creative process.

1. It's definitely nothing personal. :) The simple fact is, I find your comparison of your presumably unknown local house band to an arena act like Rush a bit presumptuous, that's all. Admittedly, if you're Bon Jovi or Bruce Springsteen aliasing on a Rush fan board, then pardon my presumption. :)

2. Your quote from Geddy is of course a possibility on the other side of things. Alex's quote about playing Radio City for a week is another. Nothing is absolute, of course, and it's nice that you're optimistic. However, given circumstances, evidence to date, and the fact they're all at that retirement kind of age, you're playing long odds. My position is simply playing the likely odds.

3. As a writer myself, in no way do I think your analogy is a comparable one. Though I am nowhere near as prolific as Master King, I daresay that he himself, being a musician as well as the premiere novelist of our time, would never compare the energy and toll required to be a globally infamous writer to being a globally infamous rock band.

But hey, believe me, if the guys wanna go another few rounds, and they're up to it, I'm the first one in line for tickets, don't get me wrong.

The evidence suggests, much more than any previous tour or event save for Neil's family issues, that this is the last outing.