all this rush retirement/slowing down talk

lifeson90

Rush fans....the height of class. And Hell ya.

i wan't them to tour till they DIE ONSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :rush:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Mick

Yes. Then they'll have no excuse.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

they make money on tours. they're lucky to breakeven on album sales these days. Given the money dynamics, I wouldn't expect much of an album if they're not willing to adequately tour with it. Maybe a 4 song EP or soundtrack work at best.

Mick

Yes. Then they'll have no excuse to not tour.

I also can't wait.....if they play 70's stuff....for neil to half ass it.......and have people complain about THAT.

Geez.

Mick

Since parts of the songs are already piped in, Neil can just pre-record the tour set and Geddy can foot trigger it. Behind the drums, they can project a hologram of Neil holding a Mai-Tai and wearing a Hawaiian shirt. :P
  • Like 1

Sorry for the use of expletives, but you guys are taking the bait. When Rush does surprise everyone with a "unforseen" 21 date US tour after R40 you should feel duped and used.

Do you really think so? I honestly don't. I think this is it.

We'll know Friday what kind of shape they are in.

• Like 1

Sorry for the use of expletives, but you guys are taking the bait. When Rush does surprise everyone with a "unforseen" 21 date US tour after R40 you should feel duped and used.

it's pretty obvious that Neil would rather not be doing this.

Ged's a grandpa now

I think it's pure delusion to think this in't it.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Lol, Lorraine. Look at the Stones. They are complete toast mentally and physically and still do huge tours approximating 80 yrs old!!

(Demanding $500 per ticket and getting it!)

Edited by GeminiRising79

Lol, Lorraine. Look at the Stones. They are complete toast mentally and physically and still do huge tours approximating 80 yrs old!!

Yeah, but the Stones still think they're 25 and are lost in the sixties somewhere and they look like something out of Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.

I hope you are wrong, and I hope Rush has enough of a grip on reality to realize that they aren't today what they once were. They ought to just take the money and run and be done with it. How much do you need to have a comfortable retirement anyway?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I guess you're not going, then. :)

Comparing Rush to the Stones is a fool's errand. There are anomalies in the music business. The Stones are one of them. They are not on the same scale or tier worldwide. Moreover, the Stones are literally a legacy band.

What is your point here? That you don't want Rush to stop touring, or that they're BS'ing their farewell to pump ticket sales?

Does Peart seem like the kinda guy to you that BS's this kinda stuff?

If so...seriously, you need to watch the Rush doc stat. :)

• Like 1

I know Neil Hardly ever smiles at the kit.

but the only thought bubble i see every time i watch him.

"I loath this!!! Stupid tour. Stupid fans!!!!"

:laughing guy:

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

I think he's just concentrating. He doesn't have time to smile. :)

• Like 2

Mick

I think he's just concentrating. He doesn't have time to smile. :)

Yea i agree. It'a funny when you put that thought bubble there.

"Here's an edited Xanadu ya slobs!!!'

lol

Mick

• Like 1

He was ready to call it a day after Snakes and Arrows. We're fortunate to have gotten three more tours.

People. See the forest for The Trees already. ;)

Do you know why? Is he just tired of it all? Too much pain?

He was ready to call it a day after Snakes and Arrows. We're fortunate to have gotten three more tours.

VS, I mostly agree with you. Times are changing for Rush in a significant manner.

I can still see a limited run in LA, or Massey, Radio City, or a mini tour.

Could you imagine what the dressing room will be like after every R40 show, if Alex didnt at least mention his Radio City or Massey comment to Neil. Plus, I think Ged and Al have more pull than is widely believed.

This is the last full tour, full production, that much is apparent.

Do you know why? Is he just tired of it all? Too much pain?

The physical toll is part of it, clearly.

But it's really about wanting to be with his family. He's an intensely private person. And given what happened with his first family, this shouldn't be surprising to any Rush fan. Again...we are extremely lucky to have gotten everything we have from Rush since '99.

Wanting more...ugh, it's just embarrassing to see Rush fans expect more.

• Like 3

Comparing Rush to the Stones is a fool's errand. There are anomalies in the music business. The Stones are one of them. They are not on the same scale or tier worldwide. Moreover, the Stones are literally a legacy band.

What is your point here? That you don't want Rush to stop touring, or that they're BS'ing their farewell to pump ticket sales?

They're BSing to boost ticket sales. Peart is very well in on the leaks and baiting. I have watched the documentary.

VS, I mostly agree with you. Times are changing for Rush in a significant manner.

I can still see a limited run in LA, or Massey, Radio City, or a mini tour.

Could you imagine what the dressing room will be like after every R40 show, if Alex didnt at least mention his Radio City or Massey comment to Neil. Plus, I think Ged and Al have more pull than is widely believed.

This is the last full tour, full production, that much is apparent.

I think even a limited run tour, even a week at Radio City or MSG or the Forum, is at best an outside chance. Very minimal probability.

I believe retirement is easily at the 90 percent mark in terms of likelihood. But I can allow 10% for Geddy to try and rally a last album and a handful of brief appearances here and there.

They don't want to be the Stones. They don't want to be the old guys onstage who play at less than their peak. They've said that outright.

Don't be surprised if you don't see Rush again after the Forum show this summer, is all I'm sayin'.

They're BSing to boost ticket sales. Peart is very well in on the leaks and baiting. I have watched the documentary.

Why would you want them to keep going when you have obviously hated everything they've done since the 80s?

LOL. Honestly, the members of Rush just aren't that nefarious. You're thinking way too much Motley Crue/Live Nation cutthroat style of hype and promotion. And you're not wrong for a fair array of acts who need to try and drum up sales.

But Rush ain't one of those. If you think they're going out on this R40 tour for the money...you're wrong. They're all multi-millionaires, set for life, as well as their children.

They're doing R40 for the fans. And a huge part of that is thanks to Geddy. 'Cause if Alex and Neil had their druthers, this wouldn't be happening. Future one-off outings are nearly at the point of Not a Chance. Not quite. But close.