Member Title Suggestion Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Here's how we're doing this. I'm going to name a member that needs a member title, and you guys will give suggestions. Whichever one we like the best will be the one we use. If you give a weird title, explain why you feel it fits the member you're suggesting it for.

I'm going to name one member at a time, and I won't move on to the next one until we get a title for the currently discussed member. I will go in descending order, starting with the member with the highest post count and longest active membership. Only *I* will name people -- the reason is, it will get confusing in here with people naming titles for different members all at the same time.

Some of you have been PMing member titles to me as they come to you. If you come up with a title for someone who has yet to be named in this thread, by all means continue to PM them to me.

Got that? Good. Our first member who needs a title is:

LedRush

• Like 5

Good lord, Led still doesn't have a member title???

Right? That's a crime. We'll be saying that about several other people too.

The real crime will be if Led's member title isn't related to Counterparts in any way.

• Like 2

I am shocked honestly that he doesns't already have one as well. Hmmmmm. Let me think... :codger:

There will be times when we get one quick suggestion and I like it enough to install it without waiting for others. Like this one for LedRush:

The Counterparts Remain The Same :D

Done!

Nice BC... :cheers:
  • Like 1

There will be times when we get one quick suggestion and I like it enough to install it without waiting for others. Like this one for LedRush:

Done!

Is this going to be your last username change? I think your new one catches everything Segue might throw at you :LOL:

• Like 1

When I name a new person, quote my post with their name so there's no confusion. Even though we're doing this one person at a time, it will be easier for everyone to follow along.

Next up:

len(songs)

He's gone oh why oh why...

Done!

Is this going to be your last username change? I think your new one catches everything Segue might throw at you :LOL:

Folks call me Narps anyway 99% of the time and I like it so it only makes sense. Thanks Lorraine. I owe you one... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Maybe should be remain(s) however... :huh:

Technically you're right if you want to remain faithful to the Led Zep album title, but I think having two plurals in a row sounds clunky.

I failed English so I bow to your knowledge and judgement... :)
  • Like 1

Can you edit an existing title?

I'm pretty sure Sheldon's been through like 3.

I'm not looking for a new one. I would never do that to whomever it was that gave me the title. To my way of thinking, it would be an insult and ungrateful.

But, the small "u" in Dial-up always bothered me because it seems to be it should be a "U".

When I name a new person, quote my post with their name so there's no confusion. Even though we're doing this one person at a time, it will be easier for everyone to follow along.

Next up:

len(songs)

He's gone oh why oh why...

Explain that one.

Cus he disappeared a while back and hasn't been heard from since. Maybe he digs Hall & Oats too for all I know...

Done!

Folks call me Narps anyway 99% of the time and I like it so it only makes sense. Thanks Lorraine. I owe you one... :cheers:

You are very welcome. This is the best user name yet. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

• Like 1

I'm not looking for a new one. I would never do that to whomever it was that gave me the title. To my way of thinking, it would be an insult and ungrateful.

But, the small "u" in Dial-up always bothered me because it seems to be it should be a "U".

I always thought it was just one word, dialup.

I always thought it was just one word, dialup.

Maybe it is, but then it would still be wrong in the title.

Are there any English grammar experts here?

Agree on all counts. I was over the moon when I got mine and somebody cared enough to do it. I love it too... :cheers: The capital U would be better
  • Like 1