HUGE SPOILERS, PROBABLY HALF THE SETLIST

pfrushfan0122

Looks like there will be plenty of songs from Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, and Clockwork Angels. So lots of great material from three of their best albums. I'm all right with that.

Lol. A few people will vehemently disagree with 1/3 of that. I wont tho.

• Like 1

This is only half the setlist, definitely consider these as 18 tracks.

Spirit of Radio/NaturalScience/CTTH and Red Barchetta/YYZ are definitely going to be played as medleys. For example Christopher Mills is listed as the the director for The Anarchist and the Spirit medley but they are listed separately. Why not put him down for all the ones he did together? Because they are listing each one as its own "track" or in those cases as a medley. Having said that don't want to join the complaining group but this is disappointing. Don't get me wrong I am excited to go and wouldn't it miss it for the world but the only real surprise here is jacobs ladder.

They average between 25-27 songs each tour. So we could still get 5-9 more songs and yes lets hope some of these are part of the rotation songs. And let's hope the ones not listed for having videos are the deep cuts.

The guy who gave the first spoiler about Preludes and Far Cry has that confirmed. He also mentioned Kid Gloves and Red Lenses. I could definitely see Red Lenses being a showcase for the laser light show so no videos necessary for that. I think that guy was definitely right.

Does not seem like Tom Sawyer, 2112, or Spirit will open the show. The opening video seems to be something crank bunny put together called "the world is the world is". Since Tom Sawyer will not open the show, maybe they open with Limelight? They always open with a big hit. CA was nothing but deep cuts and new material I guess they figured they need to go back to Time Machine mentality and do a greatest hits for a "farewell tour".

Not sure what the retrospective thing under big money means.

Edited by mrfriendly

Looks like there will be plenty of songs from Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, and Clockwork Angels. So lots of great material from three of their best albums. I'm all right with that.

Lol. A few people will vehemently disagree with 1/3 of that. I wont tho.

Yup.

I got nothing against CA. I'm just quite shocked that they are playing that much material from it, after they played nearly the whole album each night over the last tour.

Spirit of Radio/NaturalScience/CTTH and Red Barchetta/YYZ are definitely going to be played as medleys. For example Christopher Mills is listed as the the director for The Anarchist and the Spirit medley but they are listed separately. Why not put him down for all the ones he did together? Because they are listing each one as its own "track" or in those cases as a medley. Having said that don't want to join the complaining group but this is disappointing. Don't get me wrong I am excited to go and wouldn't it miss it for the world but the only real surprise here is jacobs ladder.

They average between 25-27 songs each tour. So we could still get 5-9 more songs and yes lets hope some of these are part of the rotation songs. And let's hope the ones not listed for having videos are the deep cuts.

The guy who gave the first spoiler about Preludes and Far Cry has that confirmed. He also mentioned Kid Gloves and Red Lenses. I could definitely see Red Lenses being a showcase for the laser light show so no videos necessary for that. I think that guy was definitely right.

Does not seem like Tom Sawyer, 2112, or Spirit will open the show. The opening video seems to be something crank bunny put together called "the world is the world is". Since Tom Sawyer will not open the show, maybe they open with Limelight? They always open with a big hit.

LL seems like a logical opener. No video needed.

And yeah the big money thing is a little confusing.

Still not sold on the "/"s being medleys.

• Like 1

"Dedicated to the memory of Tom Hartmann"

Tom was a truck driver for Rush for many years. He passed away last year. I had the opportunity to meet him at a private party (He lived right here in the same town.) Nice guy, he had some funny stories about life on the road. Unlike me, he really didn't care for new Rush - so we had a discussion about it. He wouldn't have liked the CA songs in this set! lol!

I kinda wondered if Tom's unexpected passing had some (maybe remote) influence on Rush's winding down the tour machine. Not that they couldn't find other truck drivers. Just when longtime coworkers start going down, one might see endgame differently

Edited by cygnify
  • Like 2

This is what FOH Lights must have referred to when he said "leaks" would come soon, we probably have about 70% of the songs to be represented on this tour.

Someone asked about Big Money earlier and neil's kit, he doesn't need the electronic back kit for that song. He just uses the trigger on the one pad in front of him. Now he did use the back kit on Clockwork Angels. If you recall the kit rotated. So I don't know how that fits into this but for the most part you can recreate any song on a normal drum kit.

It looks like we will get very few deep cuts. Looking at this list it is so hit central I'm wondering where Kid Gloves/Red Lenses fits in, it seems so random. The other deep cuts I was hoping for were Fly by Night, Cut to the Chase, Different Strings, Farewell to Kings. We can only hope now.

Well... For what it's worth, there's a video called "Exit..Stage Left"... Just under "No Country For Old Hens".... Maybe some recreations of the old ESL backdrops... If Hemispheres Prelude is played, then Alex's double-neck will be there.... And since Geddy's double-neck was at rehearsal, I think there's still a chance for Xanadu......... If not.. .Wow..... :facepalm: But I'm fine with most other songs... Jacob's Ladder will be cool!! And The Camera Eye!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Definitely surprised for the return of the Camera Eye, since it was done on Time Machine I would have preferred switching it for another deep cut. They said years ago that the reason they never played it even though fans requested it is because they weren't enthused about doing it for 9-10 minutes every night. They had to play it for Time Machine because of Moving Pictures so a little shocked they are bringing it back. I think the most we can hope for now is a decent medley for all that early stuff on Fly By Night/FWTK, something tells me a medley will close the show.

Camera eye and Jacob's ladder are about the same length. Just sayin'.

Ok - if you buy the combinations (which I do because it makes sense), then we are looking at 18 slots ONLY IF none of these songs are alternates. Slots can be defined as "when a song begins and music is played continuously until the music ends". Forget the number of songs.

So if none are alternates, we have 18. Most likely, some are, so we are looking at 14-16 slots.

CA broke down as follows;

Set 1 = 10 slots

Set 2 = 13 slots

Encore = 2 slots

Total = 25 slots

Alex said on the Renman interview that they were cutting back. So best case, 23 slots. Worse case 20 slots.

So - if we have 14-16 slots leaked AND they are filling 20-23 slots a night, we are looking at 4-9 slots NOT leaked.

We have 22 songs leaked. Alex said around 35 prepared. Somewhere in the middle is the correct number of songs.

The following songs were performed on CA tour, but not listed in the tourbook. Definitely a few deeper cuts in here....

Subdivisions

Force Ten

Grand Designs

Analog Kid

Bravado

Red Sector A

YYZ

Spirit of Radio

Limelight

Middletown Dreams

Manhattan Project

Working Man

Does not seem like Tom Sawyer, 2112, or Spirit will open the show. The opening video seems to be something crank bunny put together called "the world is the world is". Since Tom Sawyer will not open the show, maybe they open with Limelight? They always open with a big hit.

LL seems like a logical opener. No video needed.

And yeah the big money thing is a little confusing.

Still not sold on the "/"s being medleys.

After giving it some thought I think you are right, it probably just so happens those songs will be played in the same sequential order and they won't be rotation songs and it happens that the same director did all of them. The more I thought about it, why would you do Red Barchetta/YYZ in a medley? Or even the spirit/science/CTTH trio, just makes no sense.

Dammnn that means these will be 21 of the 25-26 songs played every night. We pretty much know the setlist. I know Big Al said they rehearsed 36 and have that many ready but come on look at the source. He later said they are cutting the show back, so how do you do 36 on any given night unless he is counting long medleys.

So the remaining 4-5 we are missing could be Kid Gloves, Red Lenses, Malignant Narcissism, Bangkok as rumoured?

Having said that I can't believe it they will open with a Clockwork song even though they are doing the reverse chronology thing. Limelight has to be the opener, kind of sets the theme and mood and then its suddenly into 2012 going backwards. Headlong would make the most sense to start that album.

2112 probably closes the second set. Encore will be medley of early albums, closing with working man for sure.

Edited by mrfriendly

I know this is hard for some people to believe, but not everyone saw them on the CA tour, so having CA songs isn't a big deal.

Rush could play their entire discography and people would be disappointed because Geddy would pass out every show. I'm not really surprised by the whining, though. Par for the course. I'll go and enjoy my show, while some of you complain about it on here and hold each other.

The people who didn't see them on the CA your didn't want to hear the freaking CA songs! Duh!