Time to go radio silent

I think for this (likely) final tour, I'm going to go without knowing the setlist ahead of time. The experience of going and being completely surprised by what happens and what gems they pull out of the closet is the experience I'm looking for. Like the old days, before the interwebs.

For both Snakes & Arrows and Clockwork Angels I knew the setlist ahead of time, and this took away the element of surprise -- that feeling of excitement when I hear the opening chords/riffs of something completely unexpected. (especially when they go old school 70's, then my heart really starts pumping)

For Clockwork, I was online for opening night and when Body Electric and Analog Kid were posted, I remember think I wish I didn't know they were going to play these live because they are personal favorites from my first two Rush concerts in '83 and '84 (both at the L.A. Forum). Hearing them live at the Clockwork show in Chicago was great, but... I think you get my point.

For Time Machine someone told me they played MP in the second set, that was all I knew going in. So when they cranked out Freewill and Closer to the Heart, I got that natural concert RUSH up my spine. And when started the encore with La Villa-- which was totally unexpected, I was blown away.

To everyone going to opening night - Enjoy, you lucky so-n-so's.!!!!!

I've got great seats for Chicago show, and may be booking plane tickets as I walk out. I would really love to be there in L.A. on Aug. 1.

So for now, signing off until after June 12.

RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Tampa is right around the corner....I am going to that show unspoiled.

Triple stamp guarantee.

You sir are braver than I.

But......................... :drool:

I need to wait till June 10. Don't think I'll have the willpower not to look, but I won't memorize it. I'll look at it once or twice and forget a couple songs.

Union I can't make it til May 22.

I need to wait till June 10. Don't think I'll have the willpower not to look, but I won't memorize it. I'll look at it once or twice and forget a couple songs.

Union I can't make it til May 22.

Then take a peak, I doubt you'd memorize 25 or so songs if you only look once. You get enough of an idea to be excited but you forget the order or a few songs so you're still surprised during the show.

As of Friday afternoon.....I will vapor on this site till after my Tampa Show.

I have zero reason to come here till after my first show......no way.....I do not have the willpower to not click and look if I come here.

So......radio silence starting Friday. I look forward to giving a Tampa review the week following the show and getting geeked up for my Vegas weekend with my two bandmates.

I've known the setlist when I've seen Rush in the past on the Time Machine and CA tours, so this time I'm absolutely going to hold out. I definitely want to be surprised this time around; I think they're pulling all the stops
  • Like 1

not a problem for me I read the set list yesterday and forgot already I'm old!!! My shows are 3 months away so no big deal for me.