Geddy talks about his new Fender USA Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

Hemispheres4Echo

Be interesting to know how the US model feels and sounds compared to the Japanese/MIM version.

I am sad there is no surf green option.

I'd love to see a seafoam green option. That's probably my favorite color on a guitar or a bass.

I love my 95 Fender J more than any other jazz I have ever played including a 70 and a 65. If there were to be a sea foam green version I may have to jump on it....

I am sad there is no surf green option.

I'd love to see a seafoam green option. That's probably my favorite color on a guitar or a bass.

I sold my GL jazz last year, and would like to eventually have 2 more. I have considered doing a refin on one of seafoam green and losing the pickguard. We'll see. I may get a red pearl guard (a la drop D bass on the last tour) or refinish it in a color that would have been available in 1972 (Lake Placid Blue being my likely choice).

• Like 1

I have no idea what he's saying, he's just so cute.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I would greatly consider getting a flamed maple red (the drop-tune 2112 bass) GL Jazz Bass even if the finish was a limited run...if I could afford one that is.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I would greatly consider getting a flamed maple red (the drop-tune 2112 bass) GL Jazz Bass even if the finish was a limited run...if I could afford one that is.

That bass is gorgeous on stage. I just wish he hadn't put a pickguard on it.

There was someone who had mentioned seeing a pic on Facebook of this (with the black pearl pickguard), but it has yet to materialize (and maybe it won't).

Ohhhhhh I'm rushing out to buy this one! Its Geddy/Rush endorsed!! Don't care how much it is. Where do i send my money?!!! Gonna grow a hipster goatee like Geddy and pretend I can play Bytor. Oops, how could I forget?!! This may be their last tour!! Give me two!!! :o Edited by GeminiRising79

Least it's about the same price as a regular USA jazz bass. It's not a custom shop model.

Geddy's #1 and Al's ES355...both from my hometown Kalamazoo.

From what I've seen in local pawn shops these days...nothing with quality of Ged's #1. Mostly junk.

From what I've seen in local pawn shops these days...nothing with quality of Ged's #1. Mostly junk.

That seems to be typical since the dawning of the digital age. The pawn brokers go online to check out prices so finding great deals is almost impossible anymore.

That seems to be typical since the dawning of the digital age. The pawn brokers go online to check out prices so finding great deals is almost impossible anymore.

Yes, Pawn Shops are more savvy. But you can still occassionally find some desparation deals on Craigslist. At least private buyers are easier to negotiate with.

• Like 1