Official Opening Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Tulsa, OK - May 8th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

We ought to have a periscope reunion party thread.

If you don't want to get depressed, don't read through this thread.

What a night this was! I'm glad its preserved on here.

Someone did mention periscoping the DVD when it comes out on Nov. 20th; that sounded like fun! :D :D

Scoping an official product seems a little slimy to me (and possibly illegal, but then I don't understand how people get away with putting commercial stuff on YT either). Plus, it would be kind of awkward to watch a broadcast of somebody's monitor.

I think a better idea would be to organize a watch party thread for people who've bought the dvd/blu-ray. Everyone hits "play" around the same time and then comment/chat as it goes along. Maybe take a 25 minute break between sets too, just like at the show. ;) Just might be tough to find a time that works for people across different time zones.

• Like 3

We ought to have a periscope reunion party thread.

If you don't want to get depressed, don't read through this thread.

What a night this was! I'm glad its preserved on here.

Someone did mention periscoping the DVD when it comes out on Nov. 20th; that sounded like fun! :D :D

i didn't pre-order the dvd on account of the fact that it is kind of expensive and I don't want the cd too. All I want is the dvd. But I do have some bootleg shows on dvd, so I could watch along with that.

Or...I guess I could buy myself an early Christmas present. :wub:

• Like 2

I just finished reading the entire thread and have to say that the love all of you have for Rush came through so loud and clear in it. And, too - maybe I'm wrong, but I really do still think that this R40 setlist was Rush's gift to all of their fans.

It would be nice if all of the periscope threads from the tour could be pinned or kept in a special section so we could read them again from time to time.

Does anyone remember which show was the one with ?? (can't remember his name) and his dancing girlfriend? I am going to read that one next.

• Like 2

I just finished reading the entire thread and have to say that the love all of you have for Rush came through so loud and clear in it. And, too - maybe I'm wrong, but I really do still think that this R40 setlist was Rush's gift to all of their fans.

It would be nice if all of the periscope threads from the tour could be pinned or kept in a special section so we could read them again from time to time.

Does anyone remember which show was the one with ?? (can't remember his name) and his dancing girlfriend? I am going to read that one next.

Bob. Wasn't it the next show or so? Lincoln or St. Paul. To me the really funny one was the guy who was periscoping and passed out during Xanadu. Everyone was so pissed. :LOL: But that was much later on. Maybe it was LA?

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Bob. Wasn't it the next show or so? Lincoln or St. Paul. To me the really funny one was the guy who was periscoping and passed out during Xanadu. Everyone was so pissed. :LOL: But that was much later on. Maybe it was LA?

That was CactusPete, and I think it was Vancouver or Calgary. We even got a picture of him right before he hit the floor. :LOL:

• Like 3

Loved watching the scopes. But even more, loved reading the hilarious board comments. I looked forward so much to each show. Can't believe that it's all over. Sigh. Good times.

I know what you mean. I found myself wishing, when I was reading through it, that it was just starting. Hard to believe it's already six months ago.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Loved watching the scopes. But even more, loved reading the hilarious board comments. I looked forward so much to each show. Can't believe that it's all over. Sigh. Good times.

I know what you mean. I found myself wishing, when I was reading through it, that it was just starting. Hard to believe it's already six months ago.

Imagine what it would have been like if we'd had Periscope during the CA's tour. Talk about the comments. I can just imagine, and they wouldn't just be from me.

It was a special time. By the way Tom...Jigga says Hi!
  • Like 2

That was CactusPete, and I think it was Vancouver or Calgary. We even got a picture of him right before he hit the floor. :LOL:

I remember CactusPete, couldn't of been Vancouver because I was at that show.

• Like 1

Tom, this morning I was in back of a navy blue Acura stopped at a red light. The car had Illinois plates. Thought of you.

• Like 1

I remember CactusPete, couldn't of been Vancouver because I was at that show.

I checked yesterday. It was Calgary, but I think someone said he was at the Vancouver show too. Better behaved at that one though. :)

I'm watching the Tulsa show now.

It's a lot more dramatic when a curtain rises. That must have been quite the moment for those of you who were fortunate enough to be there.

If I miss the names of TRF members who were there that night I apologize.

TexRush

LedRush

MysticRhythm

x1yyz

Tom, not sure if you were there. I know you've been to many.

• Like 1

It's a lot more dramatic when a curtain rises. That must have been quite the moment for those of you who were fortunate enough to be there.

TexRush

LedRush

MysticRhythm

x1yyz

Oh yes, my brother He Plays Bass and I were there. I can't believe I talked him into driving down from Chicago to Tulsa. He hates flying (and flew to the Manchester opener a few years back with me only when I sweetened the already rich pot (front row directly in front of Alex for a tour opener) with box seats to the Red Sox game the following night), and so he endured hours of very boring driving to Tulsa during which hallucinations apparently set in. I flew to Tulsa and still remember the big welcome sign affixed to the floor in the airport. I still have the picture on my iphone. Never, ever thought any city would be so welcoming to Rush fans. That sign is one of my very favorite memories of the Tulsa opener. And I remember a great BBQ dinner down the street before the show. And because I purposely screened myself from any actual inside info before the show, I was honestly pissed when it opened with a steampunk set and CA tunes. What the hell, I thought, I truly like this album and think it is one of their five best, but they did this already! Then, as the set started evolving, peeling back the layers, about halfway through the first set, I got it. And from then, pure magic. They took me hook, line and sinker, right back to my friend Gary's house, when around age 15 he put A Farewell To Kings on his turntable, and my AC/DC-infused mind would never, ever be the same.

I saw the last tour five other times in person, and at least a few dozen more on periscope, but Tulsa, well, that's in a class by itself. My only favorite band walked me back through lots of my own history. Right back into Gary's living room. Even a lawyer, who's only job tools are vocabulary, finds it very hard to find words to express my emotions for that.

• Like 3

TexRush

LedRush

MysticRhythm

x1yyz

It was so good to be there. From my perspective because I was stage left side, I could see all of the changes that were going on with the drum set and the amps. It was really a special treat!!!! I have video somewhere. Moving that drumset was a bitch that night!

• Like 2

Even a lawyer, who's only job tools are vocabulary, finds it very hard to find words to express my emotions for that.

Has anyone ever been able to put their finger on what exactly it is about Rush that has this affect on people?

They're not just musicians, they're magicians! They don't just play music, they feel music. And that rubs off on people. They are just unbelievable. :notworthy:

• Like 2

Went by fast, didn't it? We were so excited on here that evening. I thought the forum would crash for sure. At one point, there were almost 500 people here on this thread.

It's sad that there's been nothing going on since the end of the tour.