Official Opening Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Tulsa, OK - May 8th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Hey guys...I just got approved to write my little observations. Thanks for having me. I was in on the whole thing last night. I was hoping to just get the setlist to make a playlist for some friends of mine I'm forcing to go with me to St. Paul. Three more days!!! I had no idea I'd be able to watch the whole thing...All I can say is thanks for having a place to go, if that makes sense.

Other than wanting to strangle the guy who was Wendy Whiner, and the guy who dissed Alex playing his Tele at the end. (Most of Zeppelin II was recorded on a Tele)...That was the most fun I've had in awhile.

• Like 1

Hey guys...I just got approved to write my little observations. Thanks for having me. I was in on the whole thing last night. I was hoping to just get the setlist to make a playlist for some friends of mine I'm forcing to go with me to St. Paul. Three more days!!! I had no idea I'd be able to watch the whole thing...All I can say is thanks for having a place to go, if that makes sense.

Other than wanting to strangle the guy who was Wendy Whiner, and the guy who dissed Alex playing his Tele at the end. (Most of Zeppelin II was recorded on a Tele)...That was the most fun I've had in awhile.

Welcome! What a night to start here :D

I assume none of those amps onstage were plugged in, right? It was just for show...? They are still using their speaker emulators?

My guess is that Alex's amp/s are somewhere on the side and mic'd, Geddy would still be running into his Orange amp, DI and speaker simulators

There are no actual amps onstage as they're using in-ear monitors.

The "in ears" have nothing to do with the amps on or off stage. That's a separate feed. And by "on the side" I meant down by where the techs are.

Ah.okay.

EagleMoon also pointed out ALL of Alex's miscues last night. Girl can't help herself. She must've been the "fact totem"

As far as I love the fact that they played Lakeside Park, I think Geddy should easy it with the voice. Changing a note here and there could do it a lot easier for him to sing the old stuff, without the need of having to drop a step. Anyways, I almost cried of joy when I saw Lakeside and What you're doing in the setlist, and was in pure awe with the little Garden Road sneak at the end. Best encore ever.
  • Like 1

As far as I love the fact that they played Lakeside Park, I think Geddy should easy it with the voice. Changing a note here and there could do it a lot easier for him to sing the old stuff, without the need of having to drop a step. Anyways, I almost cried of joy when I saw Lakeside and What you're doing in the setlist, and was in pure awe with the little Garden Road sneak at the end. Best encore ever.

It truly was an awesome surprise hearing Lakeside Park. I'm one of those odd freaks who thinks Caress of Steel is an awesome album (i just can't deal with I think I'm going Bald, one of 3 Rush songs I do not like) Lakeside is a song that always touched something in my mind and the older I get, the more I appreciate the image.

• Like 1

It truly was an awesome surprise hearing Lakeside Park. I'm one of those odd freaks who thinks Caress of Steel is an awesome album (i just can't deal with I think I'm going Bald, one of 3 Rush songs I do not like) Lakeside is a song that always touched something in my mind and the older I get, the more I appreciate the image.

There were many surprises, but lets face it, Lakeside park was the most epic surprise of the night. More then even Hemispheres and JL.

• Like 2

There were many surprises, but lets face it, Lakeside park was the most epic surprise of the night. More then even Hemispheres and JL.

Yes haven't seem this live since AFTK.

There's a new thread for tonight's show pinned atop the forum. Alternating setlists, baby!

I hope not. I wanna see THIS set!

Just a thought...but maybe tonight they bring out the less obvious choices on the first set - Red Lenses, Kid Gloves etc. -and play more mainstream stuff on the second - Natural Science, The Trees etc

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/5.jpg

Someone just posted a photo of the merch for sale-

I never spent so much money on Rush wear, two for me and one for the wife.

Did they play enough from different albums? Id say yes. :) This from the pie chart on setlist.fm.

Album/Songs

2112 4

A Farewell to Kings 3

Clockwork Angels 3

Moving Pictures 2

Permanent Waves 2

Rush 2

Snakes & Arrows 2

Caress of Steel 1

Counterparts 1

Fly by Night 1

Grace Under Pressure 1

Hemispheres 1

Roll the Bones 1

Signals 1

Vapor Trails 1

Edited by lerxt1990

Boy, I don't think I want to read through 85 pages again. This thing needs Cliff Notes. :D

It's like looking through an old picture album.

My eyes still filled up with tears when the lights went down and they came on stage. :laughing guy:

I'm on page 18. :)

Edited by Lorraine

Boy, I don't think I want to read through 85 pages again. This thing needs Cliff Notes. :D

I was pretty blown away when I got back to my hotel room after the show and saw 80 pages in the thread and hundreds of users online.

• Like 2

It's like looking through an old picture album.

My eyes still filled up with tears when the lights went down and they came on stage. :laughing guy:

I'm on page 18. :)

I didn't read all of it. It got the best once the second set started.

We ought to have a periscope reunion party thread.

If you don't want to get depressed, don't read through this thread.

What a night this was! I'm glad its preserved on here.

Someone did mention periscoping the DVD when it comes out on Nov. 20th; that sounded like fun! :D :D