Official Opening Night Setlist SPOILER Thread - Tulsa, OK - May 8th

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

It was awesome last night sitting at home waiting to read what song they played!! I do have a couple of questions. One I will not be able to go to the any shows this time around due to going to school. I did things backwards and am back in school after being away 20 years And seeing how this might be the last major tour, do you think ther will ba second leg? Second qestion, and forgive me for sounding stupid. I read that someone was streaming the concert last night and I remember seeing the word periscope. How would I be able to get ths? Thanks everone!!!!

Beastly set list. That 2nd set and encore...my god.

I like the first set. Okay, I am not wild about One Little Victory and Far Cry, but I get why they are playing both. Those three CA songs are my three favorites from it, so I love seeing the show start with those.

It was awesome last night sitting at home waiting to read what song they played!! I do have a couple of questions. One I will not be able to go to the any shows this time around due to going to school. I did things backwards and am back in school after being away 20 years And seeing how this might be the last major tour, do you think ther will ba second leg? Second qestion, and forgive me for sounding stupid. I read that someone was streaming the concert last night and I remember seeing the word periscope. How would I be able to get ths? Thanks everone!!!!

Very unlikely a second leg. I'd make every possible effort to adjust schedule, take a three day weekend, make the trip, the pilgrimage , this could be it, at least with a full production.

The light show was spectacular , its so good, it's worth getting seats further from the stage to see "the full effect." And I'm usually a "I must sit close" snob.

Periscope is the website that some very generous folks live streamed the show. Some very kind TRFers posted the link on the forum. Stay tuned tomorrow, there may be more live streams!

Follow the following thread, there are some videos here-

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/93314-the-official-r40-live-videos-thread/

Can I just say that I am still on a very emotional high after last night.

It was simply amazing!

It really was. I'm really glad I have you people to share this with as I didn't have any real life friends who saw last night's show.

At the airport I ran into a guy who had been standing right behind me :D

I had to D/L iTunes in order for the Periscope live feed to work, just so you know in case you don't have it too.

It's free to do.

Watching it live stream was incredible, definitely try to do it if they have it again.

I think there will be two encores........maybe rotated with each other???? God I hope not!!!!!!!!!! I saw something yesterday after the show on setlist.fm where there was something listed called Encore 2 and a few songs including The Trees. There were 4 songs total there and for the life of me I cannot find the link in my history. I think it was accidentally posted and then taken down. Did anyone else see that?????? :wtf:

Yeah it was up there for a few minutes but the site took it down themselves.

I don't think The Trees would be part of it though, since they went backwards through time and the encore was songs from their first 3 albums.

I think there will be two encores........maybe rotated with each other???? God I hope not!!!!!!!!!! I saw something yesterday after the show on setlist.fm where there was something listed called Encore 2 and a few songs including The Trees. There were 4 songs total there and for the life of me I cannot find the link in my history. I think it was accidentally posted and then taken down. Did anyone else see that?????? :wtf:

Yeah it was up there for a few minutes but the site took it down themselves.

I don't think The Trees would be part of it though, since they went backwards through time and the encore was songs from their first 3 albums.

I want to see everything from this set so I hope they don't rotate songs. I saw the CA tour 3 times and always got stuck with set A.

using simple logic and the total of two fingers, i calculated that my Chicago show will be setlist A from last night.

*** runs out of control with scissors like a trailor park kid on a koolaid high ***

Some just posted the link. Click and you're in...at least on a PC.

We should start a Periscope link thread...

Can we please talk about the end of the show? Geddy says goodbye and the we hope to see you soon. And then after Exit Stage Left video. They added a + to the R40 that was on the screen prior to the show.

R40+ WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Why has no one pointed this out. I used the search function but forum searches usually are terrible.

Can we please talk about the end of the show? Geddy says goodbye and the we hope to see you soon. And then after Exit Stage Left video. They added a + to the R40 that was on the screen prior to the show.

R40+ WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Why has no one pointed this out. I used the search function but forum searches usually are terrible.

It leaves the future open. Thats it. You really think they have crisp plans for the next 10 years? They are leaving open the possibility of doing stuff in the future. If touring gets limited, I just hope they put out more new music!

• Like 1

I am still in shock. They played hemispheres. I am in shock. So many classics all in one show. I am really curious about the switch up songs. Since hen wen in reverse order with the albums, the switch songs will likely be from the same album. Or an album they skipped.

How much of it did they play? just Prelude like on the CP tour or the whole side 1??

I just spent almost two hours reading from when I left this thread last night.

I'm speechless.

I hate to sound like Fraroc, but if I don't get myself to a concert, I think I will do myself in.

Even thought I couldn't benefit from Periscope, a huge thank you to the person who went to all of that trouble just so we all could be a part of such a momentous night.

I ran out of likes on page 58 of this thread. Some of your posts were very amusing.

I still can't believe they did Xanadu. THE WHOLE THING!!!!!

• Like 2

No Caravan…that's a surprise. Ah, well. Full Xanadu with double necks more than makes up for it.

no limelight is really a surprise. but i'm ok with that. I've had enough of Limelight for a lifetime.

Ive had a lifetime of

Subdivisions

RTB

Animate

CTTH

red barchetta

TomSawyer

2112 especially tuned down

I'm speechless.

I hate to sound like Fraroc, but if I don't get myself to a concert, I think I will do myself in.

Even thought I couldn't benefit from Periscope, a huge thank you to the person who went to all of that trouble just so we all could be a part of such a momentous night.

I ran out of likes on page 58 of this thread. Some of your posts were very amusing.

It was absolutely amazing. I didn't get to sleep last night or this morning until almost 4 because I was so wired up from the concert. That was almost as exciting as being there. Great fun sharing the experience with everyone.

• Like 4

I'm speechless.

It was absolutely amazing. I didn't get to sleep last night or this morning until almost 4 because I was so wired up from the concert. That was almost as exciting as being there. Great fun sharing the experience with everyone.

It took me hours to wind down after the show. And when I tried to go to bed I laid there awhile just dwelling in the experience.

• Like 1

I'm speechless.

I couldn't go to sleep until 4am. I was just too amped up after that show. It was something very special!

• Like 1

I'm speechless.

It took me hours to wind down after the show. And when I tried to go to bed I laid there awhile just dwelling in the experience.

I was up half the night just thinking about all the songs. And what a fun way for everyone to experience the first night, if we couldn't be there, it must have been awesome to be in Tulsa, x1yyz. It really was something very special!

• Like 1

I'm speechless.

I was wired too. When my husband came home, my whole body was trembling. I told him if I got that excited just sitting at a computer with all of you, they'd have to take me out on a stretcher if I actually went to a concert. Honestly. I don't think I could take it. Especially with the set list they have.

It would take me a week to recuperate.

I'm speechless.

I was wired too. When my husband came home, my whole body was trembling. I told him if I got that excited just sitting at a computer with all of you, they'd have to take me out on a stretcher if I actually went to a concert. Honestly. I don't think I could take it. Especially with the set list they have.

It would take me a week to recuperate.

Listen to Rush albums. It helps.

• Like 1