When does Rush arrive in Tulsa?

Justin Case

So Neil has a week to chase tornadoes across the Prairie?

Someone on Facebook just posted a picture of Ged and Alex at the airport, so they're in Tulsa now.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/11182232_10205818059066749_5902353481943645234_n_zpsx00yvwuu.jpg

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

Someone on Facebook just posted a picture of Ged and Alex at the airport, so they're in Tulsa now.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/11182232_10205818059066749_5902353481943645234_n_zpsx00yvwuu.jpg

You know what's fun to do in Tulsa?

Get the F out of town as fast as possible

• Like 1

I wouldn't know. I haven't been there. Though I'd go to see these guys. :)

I figured, John and I wasn't bashing Tulsa. Point is, try booking a major city arena for 12 straight days. Not going to happen.

Er, apart from U2 at Madison Square Garden in July...

Booking an arena for shows is one thing. Rehearsals are a whole other game.

Also...MSG has other sources of revenue such as the tours they do every day. No way any band can do rehearsals with tourists walking the halls.

Sure, which is why they would book the venue out completely if they wanted to. MSG would simply cancel the tours if required. For an appropriate fee of course... ;), The only reason an artist wouldn't do it is cost - I'm guessing it would be massively more expensive to book a venue like MSG compared to the BOK Center in Tulsa.

I always figured that they started somewhere a little more remote because they grab the arena for up to a week before the actual show.

it might be near impossible and VERY expensive to book a place like MSG or the like for a full week... leading up to the opener

• Like 1

I figured, John and I wasn't bashing Tulsa. Point is, try booking a major city arena for 12 straight days. Not going to happen.

Er, apart from U2 at Madison Square Garden in July...

Booking an arena for shows is one thing. Rehearsals are a whole other game.

Also...MSG has other sources of revenue such as the tours they do every day. No way any band can do rehearsals with tourists walking the halls.

Sure, which is why they would book the venue out completely if they wanted to. MSG would simply cancel the tours if required. For an appropriate fee of course... ;), The only reason an artist wouldn't do it is cost - I'm guessing it would be massively more expensive to book a venue like MSG compared to the BOK Center in Tulsa.

LOL...yeah....IF Ray Daniels has the connections to close MSG for a week it would be so financially impractical it's just silly.

It's obvious that baggage claim in Tulsa is a huge hassle.

Tulsa probably includes complimentary loading of all 4 bags from the plane into their limo.

Tulsa probably includes complimentary loading of all 4 bags from the plane into their limo.

Attention all passengers of both airlines.

Welcome to Tulsa International, scratch that, NATIONAL airport.

You will arrive at Gate 1 or Gate 2.

Your baggage will be on Baggage Claim 1 because there is no Baggage claim 2

Edited by Disembodied Spirit
  • Like 1

Having traveled quite a bit. I certainly don't mind small airports. In and out through baggage claim and security in a jiffy. Beats waiting in line at DFW or Bush any day.
  • Like 1

:LOL:

• Like 1

Looking at this photo I realized I think its really cool of them playing Tulsa,

Reminds me of the old days when they would pretty much take any gig they could get. :codger: :D :rush:

• Like 1

Tulsa isn't a podunk town like many of you are making it out to be. Its metropolitan area has near 1 million residents. It can draw from the larger OKC area which is only 90 minutes away or so.

It's not Chicago, but it's not like they're opening in Williston, North Dakota either.

Edited by bordercollie

It's not Chicago, but it's not like they're opening in Williston, North Dakota either.

Lesson learned.

People from Tulsa diss Williston, North Dakota

I would assume it would be Arkansas

Hey, could be worse. They could be playing my back yard... I live in a town of ~1200 :)

But, hey, if they come to my back yard and play... I'll host a FREE BBQ!!

Tulsa isn't a podunk town like many of you are making it out to be. Its metropolitan area has near 1 million residents. It can draw from the larger OKC area which is only 90 minutes away or so.

Tulsa also draws from The Thriving Metropolis of Enid that is 90 minutes west.

Trivia: OKC is the second largest city of the USA by land mass.