When does Rush arrive in Tulsa?

Justin Case

You want me to call the arena as my alternate fake reporter ego Stu Nahan??

I even own the Gold Jacket

• Like 2

I would imagine about five days before the tour starts. They'll do a couple dress rehearsals and still have enough time to fix any issues that might come up. I'm sure the setlist, videos and lights are all done by now. Edited by J2112YYZ

They must be starting full on dress rehearsals with lights and production at any point really soon, right? Opening night is just over a week away...

Most everyone got there on Sunday (4/26). Full rehearsals started Monday (4/27).

Edited by FOH Lights
  • Like 1

They must be starting full on dress rehearsals with lights and production at any point really soon, right? Opening night is just over a week away...

Most everyone got there on Saturday (4/26). Full rehearsals started Monday (4/28).

For the full rehearsals do they play every other day like they do on tour?

Call all the posh hotels near the arena and ask it Harry Satchel has checked in.

I'm sure you'll start hearing setlist spoilers from Tulsa...hard to keep it under wraps in an arena.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Call all the posh hotels near the arena and ask it Harry Satchel has checked in.

In 2002 I was travelling with this German girl going to David Bowie shows. She was exactly this type of stalker. Getting into a new town, she would call all the hotels asking for specific crew members. When she found them, she would go and hang out in the lobby of whatever hotel that was. She would leave shows early to go back and greet him when he returned to his hotel. I was about 2 minutes away from leaving her in Toronto because I'd have no part of it and she almost didn't make it back in time .

Turns out there was a whole group of them who did this all over Europe. Bowie totally knew them by name and was generally cool about it, but these people were SCARY!!

The best was at the previously mentioned Toronto gig where she and I were standing together directly in front of the stage. raised up onto the first level so essentially we were eye to eye with the man (if you watch the R40 T4E tour footage you can see exactly where we were). It was afternoon and total daylight so everyone was visible. During 'Breaking Glass', he snag..."You're such a wonderful person"...then turned and pointed directly at her..."But ya got problems!!". I almost fell over. There was no question that he pointed her out.

Edited by Justin Case
  • Like 1

I'm sure you'll start hearing setlist spoilers from Tulsa...hard to keep it under wraps in an arena.

Well, that depends on if anybody working in the arena while they're rehearsing is a Rush fan. Otherwise they won't know any of the songs they're playing except maybe a big hit or two. There were no spoilers for the last tour either. It's easier the keep the setlist under wraps in an indoor arena then it is if they were rehearsing in a wide open amphitheater where people can just hang out outside the venue and hear what they're playing.

Most everyone got there on Saturday (4/26). Full rehearsals started Monday (4/28).

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but full rehearsals are every day. For crew, a day may last 20 hours. Obviously, for Geddy, Alex, & Neil, not nearly that long.

snapback.png2112FirstStreet, on 30 April 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

Or maybe, setlists spoilers...

Edited by FOH Lights

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but full rehearsals are every day. For crew, a day may last 20 hours. Obviously, for Geddy, Alex, & Neil, not nearly that long.

snapback.png2112FirstStreet, on 30 April 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

Or maybe, setlists spoilers...

Yes, I was serious. I really have no idea what goes on for full rehearsals for such a big show like theirs. I didn't know the day could last that long for some during this process. But it makes sense since they've got to get everything right for opening night.

Question for FOH:

How much thought goes into where to hold opening night, only reason I ask is because they have had some interesting choices for the last several tours:

T4E: Albany

VT: Hartford

R30: Nashville

SA: Atlanta

TM: Albuquerque

CA: Manchester

R40: Tulsa

The majority of those are certainly not primary markets except for Atlanta. Is there a reason they decide to start in all these secondary markets (if even that). Did they pick Tulsa because they figured no hardcore fans to snoop around before opening night to release a song list? Seriously, they have been there this entire week and noone has been able to hear anything? I know they still have 600 tickets left but there has gotta be at least one hardcore fan who has tried to snoop around, lol.

Question for FOH:

How much thought goes into where to hold opening night, only reason I ask is because they have had some interesting choices for the last several tours:

T4E: Albany

VT: Hartford

R30: Nashville

SA: Atlanta

TM: Albuquerque

CA: Manchester

R40: Tulsa

The majority of those are certainly not primary markets except for Atlanta. Is there a reason they decide to start in all these secondary markets (if even that). Did they pick Tulsa because they figured no hardcore fans to snoop around before opening night to release a song list? Seriously, they have been there this entire week and noone has been able to hear anything? I know they still have 600 tickets left but there has gotta be at least one hardcore fan who has tried to snoop around, lol.

I assume they would start with a secondary market so they can work out any kinks before they hit the big cities.

I'll be in Tulsa early on Thursday and yeah I'm a fan but I don't want to be That Stalker Guy. I wouldn't mind running into them at dinner.

What goes on in Tulsa? Not much compared to larger cities. If you want a place to yourself for 12 days, you're going to look for a smaller, out of the way venue that is likely to be free of demands for another activities. Edited by dtpoet

I figured, John and I wasn't bashing Tulsa. Point is, try booking a major city arena for 12 straight days. Not going to happen.

Er, apart from U2 at Madison Square Garden in July...

Haha that is a good point Christo.

Dtpoet thanks for the answer and I never even thought about this stuff, but I guess it makes sense. I figured in L.A. they would be rehearsing + doing all the lights visual stuff but never thought about the fact that they would not have an arena type setting to do it in and just assumed they would get to Tulsa a couple days before opening night.

But again now that we know they are there, what do you think is the earliest we can find stuff out. What happened for CA tour, I know we only found out on opening night, but were they there a full week ahead of opening night?

I figured, John and I wasn't bashing Tulsa. Point is, try booking a major city arena for 12 straight days. Not going to happen.

I think dtpoet meant 12 straight days without an audience.

• Like 1

Booking an arena for shows is one thing. Rehearsals are a whole other game.

Also...MSG has other sources of revenue such as the tours they do every day. No way any band can do rehearsals with tourists walking the halls.

Edited by Justin Case