"Peart pain is part of Rush road 'retirement'

antiquark

Just another "leak" that this is the last tour. Yep, this is it. Grab your tickets and merchandise while u can, folks!!! Whoooooooooo, scary, kids!!

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

All of u who buy into this are complete and utter sheeple. Bottom line is if there's a big enough financial incentive for them to do it, they will find a way.

They don't have any financial incentives, LOL. They're rich men who can easily provide for their families' future generations.

LOL, I dunno why people can't see the forest for the trees about this. It's pretty easy to determine they're saying in the nicest way possible (typically Rush), that this is the last tour.

The whole 'leaked info to sell more tickets' conspiracy theory is ridiculous. That's never been how Rush operates. Some other bands, you bet. But not the boys. No need nor motive.

I guarantee u they don't consider themselves to be rich. U r naive to think Rush Inc. is not pushing any and all manipulative buttons for this tour. They are businessmen 100% before being musicians.

They are musicians first and foremost. They hire people to do the promoting and selling of merchandise. That's how it works. That's how most businesses work.

No disrespect, but u have no concept of the reality of the mindset and motives of all three. If receipts-driven Rush were to design a model fan, you would conform to it nicely.

Mama always told me to be wary of folks who start their sentences with things like "No disrespect, but . . ."

Are you their best bud, or something? You have a better "concept of the reality of the mindset and motives" of the band? Perhaps you could elaborate on what you said - I don't really know what you mean.

I use " with all due respect" pretty often. Is that ok?... :)

My belief is that it's fine as long as it's not followed with something disrespectful! (Narps, if you ever wrote anything abrasive, I think I'd eat my socks!)

:laughing guy: I do my best not to. Here and in my dealings in life. Just don't see the productivity in it... :cheers:

They should just focus on recording like 6 or 7 more albums, so when they die they can just keep putting music out, like 2Pac. That would be epic. Especially considering I'm young and need more Rush for awhile.

I do wish they would placate (most) our desires and go back to the old sound though, maybe produce a couple more 20 minute epics. A few more Necromancer's, and Cygnus'.

Hey I can dream, can't I? : )

I fall into the "I think we are lucky to see them one last time" camp. My Dad is in his eighties now but has had tendonitis, shoulder bursitis and other shoulder problems as long as I can remember. It came from heavy lifting work in the Navy. Painkillers and pain meds only go so far; I wouldn't wish it on anybody. And imagine putting almost your whole life into this artistic thing and now it hurts to do it . . . that would be really hard I would think. I'm glad he has multiple interests.
  • Like 5

Just another "leak" that this is the last tour. Yep, this is it. Grab your tickets and merchandise while u can, folks!!! Whoooooooooo, scary, kids!!

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

All of u who buy into this are complete and utter sheeple. Bottom line is if there's a big enough financial incentive for them to do it, they will find a way.

They don't have any financial incentives, LOL. They're rich men who can easily provide for their families' future generations.

LOL, I dunno why people can't see the forest for the trees about this. It's pretty easy to determine they're saying in the nicest way possible (typically Rush), that this is the last tour.

The whole 'leaked info to sell more tickets' conspiracy theory is ridiculous. That's never been how Rush operates. Some other bands, you bet. But not the boys. No need nor motive.

I guarantee u they don't consider themselves to be rich. U r naive to think Rush Inc. is not pushing any and all manipulative buttons for this tour. They are businessmen 100% before being musicians.

They are musicians first and foremost. They hire people to do the promoting and selling of merchandise. That's how it works. That's how most businesses work.

No disrespect, but u have no concept of the reality of the mindset and motives of all three. If receipts-driven Rush were to design a model fan, you would conform to it nicely.

Spoken like a jilted lover

Spoken like one who can't see the truth or just refuses to acknowledge it.

I'm only 45 and arthritis is hitting me in my hands after a 50 minute set of guitar playing. If NP is hurting, you can bet he's laboring more than we know. All us guys downplay our aches and pains as long as possible, but inevitably it becomes truly undeniable. Neil has always been the most conscious of being able to perform WELL, and it makes sense he's the first to pull the plug on touring for good reason.

After this tour, Rush will record again but I won't be surprised if they are EPs. He'll pop up on Stuart Copelands videos here and there, and he may play live in short bursts. 4 shows in 7 days at one location, or maybe a one off big band/burnin' for buddy type thing.

Heck, my left arm is starting to feel like the rotator cuff might be going, and I never even injured it badly. Gettin' old sucks.

You know we've had good days

But they're not gonna last

The end is so much closer than our past

We feel no need to worry

No reason to be sad

Our mem'ries remind us

Ending touring's not so bad.

Ahhhh......if only they'd play Making Memories and Lessons..........

• Like 1

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

No disrespect, but you are one obtuse individual.

• Like 2

Jesus Christ what's so bad about popping some pills to help with the pain?

And besides it's inevitable...They're going to release an album after R40 and one of them, whether it's Ged, Alex or even Neil is going to wonder "I wonder how a live crowd would react if we play that one..." That thought is going to enter ONE of their heads, whether they do something for that thought, we'll never know until then.

Edited by fraroc

The hatred of the business side of the model is fascinating.

Yes, the band has been very creative in finding ways to make and control the making of money off their work. Exactly how is this a bad thing? Should they have gone the route of the many, many, MANY ignorant, drug and alcohol addled musicians and trusted the record companies to take care of them? How many times do we hear about bands that made millions for the suits with little to nothing to show for it because of their bad habits, weak minds, and foolish trust in the machine?

We are talking about three guys who have spent 40 years in this business.... and are about to walk away without addictions and finally with the respect of the industry despite having to have worked against the machine for so long... and, yeah, with some well earned coin in their pockets.

*Respect*

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 8

Nothing, if it is short term pain and/or approved by doc and/or once in awhile. Once you reach your fifties :codger: you know enough people (or yourself) with chronic pain problems to realize that they are not a cure all; your body gets used to them and you have to start taking them by the bucketful and you're in real trouble then. A lot of people have to try a variety of things; antidepressants; acupuncture; mild exercise, chiropractor, therapy, etc.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

That's a really ignorant statement. How old are you? 12?

Seriously, trying to play while under the influence of pain pills is not a good thing.

• Like 8

Seriously, trying to play while under the influence of pain pills is not a good thing.

Don't take the bait.

• Like 1

And besides it's inevitable...They're going to release an album after R40 and one of them, whether it's Ged, Alex or even Neil is going to wonder "I wonder how a live crowd would react if we play that one..." That thought is going to enter ONE of their heads, whether they do something for that thought, we'll never know until then.

Sweet theories bro

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

Remember 1976? Writing 2112 wasn't exactly a very wise business move was it.. they were living like bums but they still ignored the experts and went off the Prog deep end instead of trying to write hits. It was only by luck that it sold well.. Even every album after it took off in a different direction.. I'd say they're 100% musicians

but I'm sure you're just trolling any way ;)

If he truly wants to commit himself to this tour, Neil should be able to do what he can to help himself deal with the tendinitis.

• Like 1

It is exactly what they are telling us. This is their last big tour, but not the end of Rush. They have explicitly stated that. I do not understand the discussion, they have been quite clear in their follow up comments, even providing examples of future recording and shows.
  • Like 1

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

No disrespect, but you are one obtuse individual.

How much does he weigh?

"Well, we’re not finished as a band. We still talk about recording. Who knows, there may be an opportunity in the future to do not a big tour, but a series of concerts … like a week in Massey Hall or Radio City Music Hall."

Sounds clear to me that Alex is continuing in some format, if not Rush. He is envisioning playing live in the future.

Key--"We're not finished as a band" This tour is not the end...get a grip people. They just put out this album

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/MOIST%20back_zpsksjedkqx.jpg

Let's enjoy them one at a time. This album is epic

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/MOIST_zpsv5j05ey9.jpg

A true masterpiece of moistness. I get damp just listening to it. Completely void of dryness.

Or operating a vehicle, vessel (boat etc.) or machinery... :)
  • Like 1

I mean, how about cutting out the drum solo? It's been pretty stale for about 3 decades now and could definitely give him a chance to rest. Do an acoustic segment or something in its place that doesn't require so many flailing limbs.

At least cut down the drum solo! Give us a couple minutes of bass drum triplets and bashing the high toms and timbale that used to be mounted up there, and 30 seconds of that cool trick he does where he crosses one arm over the other. Those are the coolest parts of the solo anyway. Kill the fancy beats and big band tribute.

Drum solo's haven't been anything special since ESL...for ANYONE! It just seems like the solo he's done the past bunch of tours has been to give Al and Ged a pee break...(and the acoustic part gave Neil a pee and a smoke break)

I honestly wouldn't complain if they dropped it!

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...

Too late for that now. If they were going to drop it, it should have been done years ago. It got to the point that it was expected on every tour.

Nothing, if it is short term pain and/or approved by doc and/or once in awhile. Once you reach your fifties :codger: you know enough people (or yourself) with chronic pain problems to realize that they are not a cure all; your body gets used to them and you have to start taking them by the bucketful and you're in real trouble then. A lot of people have to try a variety of things; antidepressants; acupuncture; mild exercise, chiropractor, therapy, etc.

Nice avatar!!

Did you make it? :D

Nice avatar!!

Ha ha, no , he is in the list of smilies; I must give full credit to Narp who I think used him recently and gave me the idea! It is just how I feel when I talk to my daughter sometimes . . :)

• Like 1

Nice avatar!!

Ha ha, no , he is in the list of smilies; I must give full credit to Narp who I think used him recently and gave me the idea! It is just how I feel when I talk to my daughter sometimes . . :)

I believe he is talking about your Pirates,Penguins,Steelers pic, not the old guy with the cane.