"Peart pain is part of Rush road 'retirement'

antiquark

Think of it this way. Neil is the locomotive that pulls the train. Physically, he has to work much harder than the other two guys when he plays.

And the other two guys are having a martini in the caboose!

The other two guys are shoveling the coal. :)

• Like 1

Think of it this way. Neil is the locomotive that pulls the train. Physically, he has to work much harder than the other two guys when he plays.

Is that a euphemism? ;)

Is that a euphemism? ;)

For what? That one's lost on me. :LOL:

Is that a euphemism? ;)

Whatever you want it to be :LOL:

Is that a euphemism? ;)

Whatever you want it to be :LOL:

Okaaayyyy.... Moving on. :)

• Like 1

Well now they've said it. I hope this ends all of the conjecture. I've had tendinitis for the past 10 years myself on and off and I definitely can imagine Neil's pain. It makes perfect sense why they're keeping the tour short. We should just be glad we're getting this tour. They could have just ended everything at CA.

I think going out with R40 is perfect and again, I am so glad the last show is in LA. I'm sure they are logistically ending the tour there so Neil can take his motorcycle home!

Let's face it! Neil wants to be home to be a dad and a husband! I would assume that at his age his family is more important than RUSH! Especially after getting a second chance at a beautiful family!! Come on! Neil deserves a nice happy retirement.

Guaranteed they will make another album.

Well now they've said it. I hope this ends all of the conjecture. I've had tendinitis for the past 10 years myself on and off and I definitely can imagine Neil's pain. It makes perfect sense why they're keeping the tour short. We should just be glad we're getting this tour. They could have just ended everything at CA.

I think going out with R40 is perfect and again, I am so glad the last show is in LA. I'm sure they are logistically ending the tour there so Neil can take his motorcycle home!

Let's face it! Neil wants to be home to be a dad and a husband! I would assume that at his age his family is more important than RUSH! Especially after getting a second chance at a beautiful family!! Come on! Neil deserves a nice happy retirement.

Sure, I can see that.

I wouldn't quite say it's guaranteed, but it does seem very likely. We'll at least see more output from Ged and Al

Or shoveling schit!

• Like 3

I love all this free advice coming from these young persons who have no idea of what growing older truly is. Wait till you hit 50, kids.

Fixed for some of us... :LOL:

In a couple of years, I'll know first-hand. :o

• Like 1

I love all this free advice coming from these young persons who have no idea of what growing older truly is. Wait till you hit 50, kids.

Fixed for some of us... :LOL:

In a couple of years, I'll know first-hand. :o

Nice. Its not so bad... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Hardly guaranteed.

Given all circumstances and hearsay evidence to date....the most likely future state of affairs is, drum roll please.........

full blown retirement.

Righteously earned, I might add.

• Like 2

Or shoveling schit!

That schit if it's dry can make some good fuel. :LOL:

• Like 1

Or shoveling schit!

Perhaps shoveling "By-Tor And the SNOWSHIT Dog!"

The only way a new Rush album gets made is if Geddy and Alex write all music and lyrics.

Neil will come into the studio and lay down the drum tracks.

Then again maybe not.

Mike Portnoy will come in and do it.

The new Rush record will be called "Images And Nerds"

Personally I hope Rush retires.

Go out on top with R40.

Or shoveling schit!

That schit if it's dry can make some good fuel. :LOL:

Rocket fuel for Neil's beat up body!

Hardly guaranteed.

Given all circumstances and hearsay evidence to date....the most likely future state of affairs is, drum roll please.........

full blown retirement.

Righteously earned, I might add.

Amen

• Like 1

Or shoveling schit!

Perhaps shoveling "By-Tor And the SNOWSHIT Dog!"

The only way a new Rush album gets made is if Geddy and Alex write all music and lyrics.

Neil will come into the studio and lay down the drum tracks.

Then again maybe not.

Mike Portnoy will come in and do it.

The new Rush record will be called "Images And Nerds"

Personally I hope Rush retires.

Go out on top with R40.

NAHHHHHHH

I'll sit in for neil if he decides to retire............

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-04-29/rush-neil-peart-tendonitis-tour-retirement

"

Alex Lifeson reveals drummer’s chronic tendonitis contributed to “final tour” decision – and considers possibility of writing soundtracks with Geddy Lee

Alex Lifeson has revealed Rush drummer Neil Peart has chronic tendonitis – and it’s a contributing factor in their decision to end large-scale touring.

Peart has mentioned the condition before, and his bandmates have previously said the physical nature of his performance makes it challenging to continue into his 60s.

The Canadian giants recently announced their upcoming North American tour was likely to be the last of its kind.

Lifeson tells Global News: “I have mixed feelings about it. In one way I feel relief – I think 40 years is a long time to be touring the way we tour.

“I still love playing. But in Neil’s case, for example, his job is really tough. Playing the way he does is very, very difficult on his body. He has chronic tendonitis in his arms and he’s had problems with his shoulders.

“It’s getting to the point, no matter how much we love doing it, that it’s much more demanding and much more difficult.”

Lifeson has been rehearsing up to four hours a day ahead of weeks of full band rehearsals and a week of full production performances before the tour.

He says: “We rehearse ourselves to death. But it’s worth it. You hit the stage on that first night and you feel like you’ve already been playing for a month.”

And the guitarist believes there’s more to come when the tour ends – even if it’s just from Geddy Lee and him. He says: “Ged and I are just itching to get back into writing, for whatever purpose. We’ve always talked about doing some soundtrack work.

“Neil wants to take time off and spend more time with his daughter. He’d like to be more connected to his home life. I don’t blame the guy.”

Lee said in February: “We have to slow down, and slow down dramatically” – but added that he could see a future for the band in a lower-key format.

If say 50/50.

Yes, Peart wants to spend time with his family and who could blame him, right?

On the other hand, he is a musician, a highly skilled one at that. He has spent countless hours perfecting a difficult instrument, at least in the technical manner in which he plays. Is he going to waste those hours of hard practice to not play?

Musicians play. We can't help it.

They may not do three hour shows again, but I'd be surprised if there are no more records or tours.

http://classicrock.t...tour-retirement

"

Alex Lifeson reveals drummer’s chronic tendonitis contributed to “final tour” decision – and considers possibility of writing soundtracks with Geddy Lee

Alex Lifeson has revealed Rush drummer Neil Peart has chronic tendonitis – and it’s a contributing factor in their decision to end large-scale touring.

Peart has mentioned the condition before, and his bandmates have previously said the physical nature of his performance makes it challenging to continue into his 60s.

The Canadian giants recently announced their upcoming North American tour was likely to be the last of its kind.

Lifeson tells Global News: “I have mixed feelings about it. In one way I feel relief – I think 40 years is a long time to be touring the way we tour.

“I still love playing. But in Neil’s case, for example, his job is really tough. Playing the way he does is very, very difficult on his body. He has chronic tendonitis in his arms and he’s had problems with his shoulders.

“It’s getting to the point, no matter how much we love doing it, that it’s much more demanding and much more difficult.”

Lifeson has been rehearsing up to four hours a day ahead of weeks of full band rehearsals and a week of full production performances before the tour.

He says: “We rehearse ourselves to death. But it’s worth it. You hit the stage on that first night and you feel like you’ve already been playing for a month.”

And the guitarist believes there’s more to come when the tour ends – even if it’s just from Geddy Lee and him. He says: “Ged and I are just itching to get back into writing, for whatever purpose. We’ve always talked about doing some soundtrack work.

“Neil wants to take time off and spend more time with his daughter. He’d like to be more connected to his home life. I don’t blame the guy.”

Lee said in February: “We have to slow down, and slow down dramatically” – but added that he could see a future for the band in a lower-key format.

If say 50/50.

On the other hand, he is a musician, a highly skilled one at that. He has spent countless hours perfecting a difficult instrument, at least in the technical manner in which he plays. Is he going to waste those hours of hard practice to not play?

They may not do three hour shows again, but I'd be surprised if there are no more records or tours.

Yeah, but look at a guy like Bill Bruford...he "retired" and you haven't seen hide nor hair of him since! (not saying that he's playing casually in a pub down his street on Friday nights with a pick up band...but he's not out doing clinics, or playing on people's recordings)

http://classicrock.t...tour-retirement

"

If say 50/50.

Yeah, but look at a guy like Bill Bruford...he "retired" and you haven't seen hide nor hair of him since! (not saying that he's playing casually in a pub down his street on Friday nights with a pick up band...but he's not out doing clinics, or playing on people's recordings)

Rush is a big act, much larger than what Bruford was doing at the time of his retirement.

Look, you couldn't blame him if he hung it up, but there are ways to compensate for the pain, and one is simply playing shorter shows. The money incentive will be there for him to do that, if he chooses. I still can't fathom a talent like that simply hanging it up to write books and hang with the family. The little girl can get on a tour bus and have the summer vacation of her life!

I still can't fathom a talent like that simply hanging it up to write books and hang with the family. The little girl can get on a tour bus and have the summer vacation of her life!

Sheesh. There are way too many of you fanboys who have a tough time visualizing the priority of family over the touring life.

Fathom harder. :)

• Like 1

After seeing the show in Bristow last night and this being my first Rush show, I can honestly say reading this thread along with other tidbits I've found on the edges of google searches I'm really feeling somewhat sad a depressed. I discovered theses guys basically on accident after deciding to pick up a few albums for singles I liked such as Closer to the Heart and Fly by Night. Next thing I know I'm on this never ending rush bender consuming one album after the next in no particular order, literally with them transforming into my all time favorite group. My friends got endless videos and the entire time I was either singling along or grinning ear to with this glint in my eye.

After hearing all the Rush vets basically say it's pretty much over I'm left feeling a bit empty inside. I'm hoping I can catch at least one more show before they call it quits.

Edited by TemplesofLamneth