"Peart pain is part of Rush road 'retirement'

antiquark

Just another "leak" that this is the last tour. Yep, this is it. Grab your tickets and merchandise while u can, folks!!! Whoooooooooo, scary, kids!!

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

All of u who buy into this are complete and utter sheeple. Bottom line is if there's a big enough financial incentive for them to do it, they will find a way.

They don't have any financial incentives, LOL. They're rich men who can easily provide for their families' future generations.

LOL, I dunno why people can't see the forest for the trees about this. It's pretty easy to determine they're saying in the nicest way possible (typically Rush), that this is the last tour.

The whole 'leaked info to sell more tickets' conspiracy theory is ridiculous. That's never been how Rush operates. Some other bands, you bet. But not the boys. No need nor motive.

I guarantee u they don't consider themselves to be rich. U r naive to think Rush Inc. is not pushing any and all manipulative buttons for this tour. They are businessmen 100% before being musicians.

Idiotic. The only people who think this are the folks who are upset about ticket prices. Look around. Every major touring act's ticket prices are inflated. The concert industry has grown to be a serious luxury product. I guarantee you they know they're quite well off, and don't ever need to tour again if they don't want to.

I can assure you ticket prices aren't the issue with me.. Its purely a matter of principle.

Which is pretty ironic, since Rush is one of the few bands who actively practice principle over the bottom line.

Maybe you ought to show us where exactly Rush is selling out.

No point asking. There's never any real basis behind the comments he makes other than to be a troll.

Ok, I'll bite.. Most of what I refer to is beyond your grasp. I don't hold it against u tho'.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/The-Sixth-Finger-Outer-Limits_zps291ae51b.jpg

Just another "leak" that this is the last tour. Yep, this is it. Grab your tickets and merchandise while u can, folks!!! Whoooooooooo, scary, kids!!

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

All of u who buy into this are complete and utter sheeple. Bottom line is if there's a big enough financial incentive for them to do it, they will find a way.

They don't have any financial incentives, LOL. They're rich men who can easily provide for their families' future generations.

LOL, I dunno why people can't see the forest for the trees about this. It's pretty easy to determine they're saying in the nicest way possible (typically Rush), that this is the last tour.

The whole 'leaked info to sell more tickets' conspiracy theory is ridiculous. That's never been how Rush operates. Some other bands, you bet. But not the boys. No need nor motive.

I guarantee u they don't consider themselves to be rich. U r naive to think Rush Inc. is not pushing any and all manipulative buttons for this tour. They are businessmen 100% before being musicians.

Idiotic. The only people who think this are the folks who are upset about ticket prices. Look around. Every major touring act's ticket prices are inflated. The concert industry has grown to be a serious luxury product. I guarantee you they know they're quite well off, and don't ever need to tour again if they don't want to.

I can assure you ticket prices aren't the issue with me.. Its purely a matter of principle.

Which is pretty ironic, since Rush is one of the few bands who actively practice principle over the bottom line.

The concepts of principle/character with Rush has eroded significantly for many years now. I won't go into my grievances with them, but they should be pretty obvious to anyone who's been following them for quite a long time.

Oh, so you're bitching and whining without justification nor proof. Gotcha. Well, everyone needs a hobby. 'Net trolling is SOOO 2005, man. Take up falconry. :)

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

No point asking. There's never any real basis behind the comments he makes other than to be a troll.

Ok, I'll bite.. Most of what I refer to is beyond your grasp. I don't hold it against u tho'.

I am certain I'll be able to comprehend your delicate array of abstracts. Fire away.

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

The concepts of principle/character with Rush has eroded significantly for many years now. I won't go into my grievances with them, but they should be pretty obvious to anyone who's been following them for quite a long time.

Following any music group expecting some kind or principle/character above the rest of human kind is naive to begin with. The only disappointment is not by the band, but of the self imposed pedestal you set them on.

rush sucks!

Finally someone speaks the truth.

That i should have to come back and edit this so no one here thinks I'm serious is too much.

;) ;) ;) Maybe I should add another one just to be safe... ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

rush sucks!

That i should have to come back and edit this so no one here thinks I'm serious is too much.

Who else wants NACHOS??

rush sucks!

Who else wants NACHOS??

You don't happen to have guacamole dip by any chance, do you?

rush sucks!

Who else wants NACHOS??

Let me check the bunker

rush sucks!

Who else wants NACHOS??

Let me check the bunker

While you're checking the bunker, I'll go find LABT. Last I heard, he still had the potato salad from our last wingding molding in the fridge.

• Like 1

Hey, even Barry Manilow can relate:

“It doesn’t mean I’m retiring or anything. I’ll do shows and I’ll promote albums if I make any more, but no more big tours,” Manilow told Billboard. “That’s it. It’s too much packing. It’s 40 years – more than that, really – of packing and waiting for room service. People think it’s glamorous, but glamorous is the last word I would use for this job. You don’t see anything; you see the inside of your hotel room.”

• Like 2

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

I am certain I'll be able to comprehend your delicate array of abstracts. Fire away.

I think it just goes to show that there's no substance behind all the anger.

Oh and GR, might want to drop the text-speak. That's not helping your cause. :)

• Like 1

“It doesn’t mean I’m retiring or anything. I’ll do shows and I’ll promote albums if I make any more, but no more big tours,” Manilow told Billboard. “That’s it. It’s too much packing. It’s 40 years – more than that, really – of packing and waiting for room service. People think it’s glamorous, but glamorous is the last word I would use for this job. You don’t see anything; you see the inside of your hotel room.”

There is only 1 way to brighten up this thread.

Well this and NACHOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJTBfbQoTNk

• Like 2

There is only 1 way to brighten up this thread.

Well this and NACHOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJTBfbQoTNk

panic.gif

• Like 3

With the stripped down drum kit, does anyone think we will get some 'easy' songs for Neil to play?

I mean no Rush songs are easy, but some seem Easier than others.

Entre Nous, Bravado, Closer to the Heart come to mind.

Bravado? What do you shut it off before the ending?

• Like 1

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

Remember 1976? Writing 2112 wasn't exactly a very wise business move was it.. they were living like bums but they still ignored the experts and went off the Prog deep end instead of trying to write hits. It was only by luck that it sold well.. Even every album after it took off in a different direction.. I'd say they're 100% musicians

but I'm sure you're just trolling any way ;)

Back then they were bonafide musicians, by and large, and created excellence in music. Now they are largely currency-driven businessmen and produce garbage. A complete flip in character!

LOL. Someone's not happy with ticket prices. :)

My issue with ticket prices stems from the "legal scalping" that's been going on... I honestly don't BLAME bands for raising them because they know that people are making a LOT of money on tickets, so they may as well get on the band wagon, and make a little more!

Sports are even worse than concerts!

Painkillers exist for a reason....Just sayin'

Just speaking from the perspective of being old and having similar and in some cases worse problems... It ain't that simple. Wish it were... :codger:

Absolutely, they may take the edge off but it never goes away completely.

• Like 1

Just speaking from the perspective of being old and having similar and in some cases worse problems... It ain't that simple. Wish it were... :codger:

^^^ True that. Its a delicate balance. If you go to far not only is the edge off but you can't function either. Example would be mixing alcohol with the pain meds which I do not do but have done maybe twice (and very little alcohol at that). Just looking for the bed at that point... :sigh: :zzz: I don't put myself in situations to be drinking anyway. I will have to be careful when I go to the show in Atlanta not to give into the temptation to be "normal" again... Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 5

^^^ True that. Its a delicate balance. If you go to far not only is the edge off but you can't function either. Example would be mixing alcohol with the pain meds which I do not do but have done maybe twice (and very little alcohol at that). Just looking for the bed at that point... :sigh: :zzz: I don't put myself in situations to be drinking anyway. I will have to be careful when I go to the show in Atlanta not to give into the temptation to be "normal" again...

I've never understood why people like to drink at concerts. It just dulls everything. I would rather be fully awake to be able to fully experience and remember everything.

• Like 5

^^^ True that. Its a delicate balance. If you go to far not only is the edge off but you can't function either. Example would be mixing alcohol with the pain meds which I do not do but have done maybe twice (and very little alcohol at that). Just looking for the bed at that point... :sigh: :zzz: I don't put myself in situations to be drinking anyway. I will have to be careful when I go to the show in Atlanta not to give into the temptation to be "normal" again...

I've never understood why people like to drink at concerts. It just dulls everything. I would rather be fully awake to be able to fully experience and remember everything.

I am not even considering drinking at the actual show. I was thinking that if things go the way I hope they do I will be meeting quite a few members here in pre show activities. That is when I must be cool and reach for my best friend... :d13:
  • Like 5

Totally right, can't be f***ing up memories with alcohol. Gotta :smoke:
  • Like 2

Unlike the 80's when the smoke in the room helped enhance the experience! I'll have a glass of wine or two, because that relaxes me, but I can't go hog wild on beer at a concert...football games, yeah...but music...nope!

• Like 1

Totally right, can't be f***ing up memories with alcohol. Gotta :smoke:

That would be tempting indeed. Wish it were legal as I am very good at growing things... :)
  • Like 2