"Peart pain is part of Rush road 'retirement'

antiquark

I really cannot understand, nor can I accept, the mindset of anyone who doesn't think Rush can do whatever the hell they want now including break up, start making polka records, stop touring, take up needlepoint, and that they owe us nothing. They've earned the right to a retirement on their terms more than almost any entertainers, musicians, etc. in the world.
  • Like 3

Jesus Christ what's so bad about popping some pills to help with the pain?

Nothing, if it is short term pain and/or approved by doc and/or once in awhile. Once you reach your fifties :codger: you know enough people (or yourself) with chronic pain problems to realize that they are not a cure all; your body gets used to them and you have to start taking them by the bucketful and you're in real trouble then. A lot of people have to try a variety of things; antidepressants; acupuncture; mild exercise, chiropractor, therapy, etc.

Nice avatar!!

Did you make it? :D

Ha ha, no , he is in the list of smilies; I must give full credit to Narp who I think used him recently and gave me the idea! It is just how I feel when I talk to my daughter sometimes . . :)

I believe he is talking about your Pirates,Penguins,Steelers pic, not the old guy with the cane.

Hey hey don't steal my thunder :LOL: but you are correct. She is not unlike me when I arrived here I have to assume. I didn't have a clue from avatar, signature, gif, spam etc. I have learned some of this stuff along the way but am still no expert by any means... Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

Nothing, if it is short term pain and/or approved by doc and/or once in awhile. Once you reach your fifties :codger: you know enough people (or yourself) with chronic pain problems to realize that they are not a cure all; your body gets used to them and you have to start taking them by the bucketful and you're in real trouble then. A lot of people have to try a variety of things; antidepressants; acupuncture; mild exercise, chiropractor, therapy, etc.

Nice avatar!!

Ha ha, no , he is in the list of smilies; I must give full credit to Narp who I think used him recently and gave me the idea! It is just how I feel when I talk to my daughter sometimes . . :)

I believe he is talking about your Pirates,Penguins,Steelers pic, not the old guy with the cane.

Hey hey don't steal my thunder :LOL: but you are correct. She is not unlike me when I arrived here I have to assume. I didn't have a clue from avatar, signature, gif, spam etc. I have learned some of this stuff along the way but am still no expert by any means...

Stop spamming this thread with the giffy avatars in your signature. :rage:

• Like 2

That's a really ignorant statement. How old are you? 12?

Seriously, trying to play while under the influence of pain pills is not a good thing.

If he truly wants to commit himself to this tour, Neil should be able to do what he can to help himself deal with the tendinitis.

That's fine, but popping pain pills isn't the answer. Tendinitis is a tricky thing to treat. Anti-inflammatories only work for so long and they do a number on the stomach. Ice helps keep the inflammation down after use as do warm up exercises with stretching beforehand. But the only real treatment is to stop doing what causes the pain.

• Like 1

Just another "leak" that this is the last tour. Yep, this is it. Grab your tickets and merchandise while u can, folks!!! Whoooooooooo, scary, kids!!

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

All of u who buy into this are complete and utter sheeple. Bottom line is if there's a big enough financial incentive for them to do it, they will find a way.

They don't have any financial incentives, LOL. They're rich men who can easily provide for their families' future generations.

LOL, I dunno why people can't see the forest for the trees about this. It's pretty easy to determine they're saying in the nicest way possible (typically Rush), that this is the last tour.

The whole 'leaked info to sell more tickets' conspiracy theory is ridiculous. That's never been how Rush operates. Some other bands, you bet. But not the boys. No need nor motive.

I guarantee u they don't consider themselves to be rich. U r naive to think Rush Inc. is not pushing any and all manipulative buttons for this tour. They are businessmen 100% before being musicians.

Idiotic. The only people who think this are the folks who are upset about ticket prices. Look around. Every major touring act's ticket prices are inflated. The concert industry has grown to be a serious luxury product. I guarantee you they know they're quite well off, and don't ever need to tour again if they don't want to.

Just another "leak" that this is the last tour. Yep, this is it. Grab your tickets and merchandise while u can, folks!!! Whoooooooooo, scary, kids!!

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

All of u who buy into this are complete and utter sheeple. Bottom line is if there's a big enough financial incentive for them to do it, they will find a way.

They don't have any financial incentives, LOL. They're rich men who can easily provide for their families' future generations.

LOL, I dunno why people can't see the forest for the trees about this. It's pretty easy to determine they're saying in the nicest way possible (typically Rush), that this is the last tour.

The whole 'leaked info to sell more tickets' conspiracy theory is ridiculous. That's never been how Rush operates. Some other bands, you bet. But not the boys. No need nor motive.

I guarantee u they don't consider themselves to be rich. U r naive to think Rush Inc. is not pushing any and all manipulative buttons for this tour. They are businessmen 100% before being musicians.

They are musicians first and foremost. They hire people to do the promoting and selling of merchandise. That's how it works. That's how most businesses work.

No disrespect, but u have no concept of the reality of the mindset and motives of all three. If receipts-driven Rush were to design a model fan, you would conform to it nicely.

Spoken like a jilted lover

Yeah. Somebody's got their panties in a wad because they don't like ticket prices.

• Like 1

Nice avatar!!

I have no love for the Steelers,

Raiders fan. :P

But it is really cool! :haz:

• Like 1

I dunno why people can't see the forest for the trees about this. It's pretty easy to determine they're saying in the nicest way possible (typically Rush), that this is the last tour.

I know this is what you've said since R40 was announced, and...I wasn't prepared to believe, or admit, or whatever, that this is going to be the last one. But as I have thought more and more, and have read the interviews, etc...I believe you are correct.

As I said in my earlier post in this thread- whatever else there might be in the future, I certainly look forward to it. But I don't think it'll be Rush as we know them.

This thread has slide off the rails in 18 different directions

Btw...I tried this awesome marinade for grilled London Broil last night!!

Grilled Marinated London Broil

Ingredients

For marinade:

4 large garlic cloves, minced

4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

3 tablespoons Dijon mustard

1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled

1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled

1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled

1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes

2/3 cup olive oil

1 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) London broil

Directions

To make marinade: In a bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients until combined well. Put London broil in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over it. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and set in a shallow dish. Marinate meat, chilled, turning bag once or twice, for 8 hours.

Remove meat from the marinade, discarded the marinade, and pat the meat dry.

Preheat a grill and on an oiled rack set about 4-inches over glowing coals, grill the meat, turning each once, 9 to 10 minutes on each side, or until it registers 125 to 130 degrees, on a meat thermometer for medium-rare meat. (Alternatively, meat may be broiled.)

Transfer meat to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut meat diagonally across the grain into thin slices.

• Like 3

Ingredients

For marinade:

1 tablespoon soy sauce

2/3 cup olive oil

Directions

To make marinade: In a bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients until combined well. Put London broil in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over it. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and set in a shallow dish. Marinate meat, chilled, turning bag once or twice, for 8 hours.

Preheat a grill and on an oiled rack set about 4-inches over glowing coals, grill the meat, turning each once, 9 to 10 minutes on each side, or until it registers 125 to 130 degrees, on a meat thermometer for medium-rare meat. (Alternatively, meat may be broiled.)

Transfer meat to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut meat diagonally across the grain into thin slices.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/2bacc641-966d-4eda-ad6a-0f02ca46df48_zpsdf780bb1.jpg

• Like 1

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

Remember 1976? Writing 2112 wasn't exactly a very wise business move was it.. they were living like bums but they still ignored the experts and went off the Prog deep end instead of trying to write hits. It was only by luck that it sold well.. Even every album after it took off in a different direction.. I'd say they're 100% musicians

but I'm sure you're just trolling any way ;)

Back then they were bonafide musicians, by and large, and created excellence in music. Now they are largely currency-driven businessmen and produce garbage. A complete flip in character!

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

Idiotic. The only people who think this are the folks who are upset about ticket prices. Look around. Every major touring act's ticket prices are inflated. The concert industry has grown to be a serious luxury product. I guarantee you they know they're quite well off, and don't ever need to tour again if they don't want to.

I can assure you ticket prices aren't the issue with me.. Its purely a matter of principle.

Ingredients

For marinade:

1 tablespoon soy sauce

2/3 cup olive oil

Directions

:LMAO: I bow in your general direction. Propers... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Nice avatar!!

I have no love for the Steelers,

Raiders fan. :P

But it is really cool! :haz:

As long as this thread is off the rails. . . . thanks, Cygnus 2112, Troutman and Narp for setting me straight,; a girl likes to accept her compliments! :blush: Ha ha, I should have known what you were asking, my daughter is a graphic designer and works with gifs, etc. but yea, I am kind of clueless.

Can't take credit for my avatar, it is something in Pittsburgh on license plates and decals, so I just borrowed it, I love it though! Gotta love the Raiders-Steelers rivalry; the "Immaculate Reception" is still talked about in Pittsburgh like it happened yesterday . . . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I dunno why people can't see the forest for the trees about this. It's pretty easy to determine they're saying in the nicest way possible (typically Rush), that this is the last tour.

I know this is what you've said since R40 was announced, and...I wasn't prepared to believe, or admit, or whatever, that this is going to be the last one. But as I have thought more and more, and have read the interviews, etc...I believe you are correct.

As I said in my earlier post in this thread- whatever else there might be in the future, I certainly look forward to it. But I don't think it'll be Rush as we know them.

Heck, it's not like I want my favorite bands to retire. I don't understand why people think looking at the situation objectively, realistically, is akin to pissing in the collective Cheerios.

I guess some folks need to hear it outright, spelled out verbatim, holding out hope. It's understandable. But they've said plenty. It's the last tour.

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

Remember 1976? Writing 2112 wasn't exactly a very wise business move was it.. they were living like bums but they still ignored the experts and went off the Prog deep end instead of trying to write hits. It was only by luck that it sold well.. Even every album after it took off in a different direction.. I'd say they're 100% musicians

but I'm sure you're just trolling any way ;)

Back then they were bonafide musicians, by and large, and created excellence in music. Now they are largely currency-driven businessmen and produce garbage. A complete flip in character!

LOL. Someone's not happy with ticket prices. :)

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

I can assure you ticket prices aren't the issue with me.. Its purely a matter of principle.

Which is pretty ironic, since Rush is one of the few bands who actively practice principle over the bottom line.

Maybe you ought to show us where exactly Rush is selling out.

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

Which is pretty ironic, since Rush is one of the few bands who actively practice principle over the bottom line.

No point asking. There's never any real basis behind the comments he makes other than to be a troll.

• Like 1

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

No point asking. There's never any real basis behind the comments he makes other than to be a troll.

Yeah, I asked for some substantiation a page or two back as well. Maybe he's still thinking . . .

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

The concepts of principle/character with Rush has eroded significantly for many years now. I won't go into my grievances with them, but they should be pretty obvious to anyone who's been following them for quite a long time.

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

The concepts of principle/character with Rush has eroded significantly for many years now. I won't go into my grievances with them, but they should be pretty obvious to anyone who's been following them for quite a long time.

Let's pretend they're not obvious. . . we're all dyin' to see your list of grievances.

• Like 1

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

Ok, I'll bite.. Most of what I refer to is beyond your grasp. I don't hold it against u tho'.

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

Ok, I'll bite.. Most of what I refer to is beyond your grasp. I don't hold it against u tho'.

That's a relief.

[CountFloyd.jpeg]

That's a relief.

The only explanation is that Gemini is Neil