Help - buffer (?) issues

Hey all - My work computer to was just upgraded to IE11. There was no choice in the matter.

Since the upgrade, I have the following problem, and only here at TRF. Not on any of the other message boards I frequent.

...and, this problem only occurs in the text box we us to make posts where I am tying right now). Not in the "Topic Title" field, or any other "dumb text" field.

The window acts like the keyboard buffer is near full or something. Many letters don't make it through. I have to do a serious amount of editing to add those letters back in.

Here is a test sentence I will type twice; the first with editing the letters back in, and the second unedited.

Here is a test sentenceI will type twi; tfist with editing the ltters bac I, and te secnd unedted.

See?

I also can't copy & paste text into this window, or select any text.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Edited by Prime Mover and Shaker

I use Chrome - it was approved for our office. Firefox wasn't, but I prefer Firefox.

I haven't used IE in YEARS!

The official browser to test in at the place I had my internship at last summer (and this coming summer) was IE. Everyone on my team used Chrome :LOL:

f**k Internet Explorer. This is 2015, not 2005.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

OK, here is a test.

Firefox Firefox Firefox..... yeah yeah yeah

yeah

yeah

Hey, this works great! Thanks!

(I didn't think I'd have permissions to install another browser - I guess you never know until you try)

man-stick.jpg

Yeah I have the same problem on here with IE... IE works fine on all other sites, something goofy in the programming of this Invision version or something and I am not sure why they haven't fixed it/issued a patch... I started using Firefox for this site a while ago due to those problems. The negative to Firefox is that it crashes constantly when there is Flash content.

Yeah I have the same problem on here with IE... IE works fine on all other sites, something goofy in the programming of this Invision version or something and I am not sure why they haven't fixed it/issued a patch... I started using Firefox for this site a while ago due to those problems. The negative to Firefox is that it crashes constantly when there is Flash content.

My Firefox will crash sometimes too, but mostly it will say that the Flash plugin has crashed and it will ask to reload the page. Then they update the plugin and it stops crashing for a while.