When (If) will a 2nd leg be announced

Glee

When does Rush normally announce a 2nd leg?

Being in a city not on the first leg (Nashville), I want to know when I should start readying myself for the next set of pre-sales...

I believe the announcement is due to come out on the second Tuesday of next week.

• Like 6

FOH I'm sure you know how crazy the people on this board get when it comes to this band, you certainly have us more excited with your recent comments. Any chance you can give us a small tease about anything, for example will a certain classic prog classic segue into one of their most recent hits, lol. Or is whoever started that apparent rumour full of you know what...

FOH I'm sure you know how crazy the people on this board get when it comes to this band, you certainly have us more excited with your recent comments. Any chance you can give us a small tease about anything, for example will a certain classic prog classic segue into one of their most recent hits, lol. Or is whoever started that apparent rumour full of you know what...

Heheheh, sorry, I don't know who started "the rumor". Do you??

If there is a second leg (and that's a big "if") it will not be announced until after the first leg is completed.

Heheheh, sorry, I don't know who started "the rumor". Do you??

FOH - do you enjoy the teasing or do the questions become cumbersome?

GLEEEEEEEE!! You need to get in your car, or on the train, or in the plane.

If you don't, you have already seen your last Rush concert.

It is what it is- and whatever

Fixed.

• Like 2

According to Neil and Alex they tried to work in Cleveland but it didn't work out with their route schedule or something. This will be the only leg and L.A. will be the last show.

Don't forget the 10 day run at Radio City coming up in 2017.

Then I woke up.

• Like 1

Last time I counted, there were six legs on every rush tour. What happened? Did someone amputate all their legs except one? Who got to keep a leg? I hope it was Neil, otherwise they're gonna sound odd with no kick drum.

If the 35 shows are it this is a Wussy Tour. "Our last big tour of this Magnitude", The Who are playing over 50 gigs, Scorpions have over 60 scheduled, Yes usually plays over 60 a year. There are many more examples than just these bands. Dont get me wrong I'm sure the concert will be Great just dont want to hear how this is a Huge tour. It's Not.

If the 35 shows are it this is a Wussy Tour. "Our last big tour of this Magnitude", The Who are playing over 50 gigs, Scorpions have over 60 scheduled, Yes usually plays over 60 a year. There are many more examples than just these bands. Dont get me wrong I'm sure the concert will be Great just dont want to hear how this is a Huge tour. It's Not.

People don't seem to get how vague "of this magnitude" is. It can mean so many things....not necessarily the number of dates. And if it does refer strictly to that, it does not translate directly to "this is a huge tour"...more like "however many dates actually do end up on this tour...we likely will not do this many again in one shot".

The last huge tour ended in 2013.

Edited by Justin Case
  • Like 1

Is it possible that in this case, the word "huge" or phrase "of this magnitude", simply means something like, important or spectacular or amazing?

These days, very few older bands are playing with all original members, like Rush (IMO, Neil counts as an original member). Hell, I think Scorpions are on their 8th bass player and maybe their 11th drummer. I suppose if a band was able to keep replenishing their supply of musicians, as needed, they could tour indefinitely. But with just one or two original members, aren't they then just essentially, cover bands?

So, the fact that Rush is still touring with all original members, and able to perform at the level they do, despite the often merciless technicality of their music, to me, is pretty huge... as in, spectacular and amazing. :D

Edited by FOH Lights
  • Like 3

I think "of this magnitude" means just that. This tour is the last tour of this size that we're going to get. Even though it's only 35 dates, anything after it will be smaller or nothing at all.
  • Like 1

I don't believe for second that this is the only leg of this tour.

I mentioned to a few RUSH friends of mine that basically this is not our first rodeo with this... and we usually end up seeing a second leg / more dates.

AFTER these R40 dates they will say something like,

'we've spent the last few 4 or 5 months preparing and touring, and we are not getting any younger. We are going to take the rest of the year off and enjoy the holidays and see what next year brings.'

Then around the holidays we will start to hear rumors that they are going to ANNOUNCE something in early 2016. The rumors will consist of more N. American dates and probably a short stint in Europe (or vice versa).

Then mid winter of 2016 they will make an announcement:

'on the success and enjoyment of touring for R40 we have decided to extend it into 2016.'

I bet they add 15 (or so) more dates in N. America (probably hitting cities like Cleveland, that have been good to them over the years) and 15 or so major European cities (probably the 'standard' cities one would think of).

They will do the N. American and European dates, finishing in the fall of 2016.

On that they will say, 'we have spent the last year touring (even though it was a couple of 4 month stints in a 14 to 16 month span) we are now going to enjoy the holidays with our families, take a year off, and see what the future holds for us and the band.'

At that point i would think, outside of some sort of special projects - movie soundtracks or maybe a single or two... THAT will be the end of RUSH as we know them.

I don't think they will every say 'FINAL TOUR' it's not their style, but I don't think this 30+ date leg is really the end.

Edited by stephena
  • Like 1

Is it possible that in this case, the word "huge" or phrase "of this magnitude", simply means something like, important or spectacular or amazing?

These days, very few older bands are playing with all original members, like Rush (IMO, Neil counts as an original member). Hell, I think Scorpions are on their 8th bass player and maybe their 11th drummer. I suppose if a band was able to keep replenishing their supply of musicians, as needed, they could tour indefinitely. But with just one or two original members, aren't they then just essentially, cover bands?

So, the fact that Rush is still touring with all original members, and able to perform at the level they do, despite the often merciless technicality of their music, to me, is pretty huge... as in, spectacular and amazing. :D

^^^^^agreed

Being in a city not on the first leg (Nashville), I want to know when I should start readying myself for the next set of pre-sales...

Atlanta is only about a four hour drive from Nashville. On the last two tours I drove to Nashville to see them and it was so worth it. It's actually quite a scenic and enjoyable drive through the Georgia mountains.

I don't believe for second that this is the only leg of this tour.

I mentioned to a few RUSH friends of mine that basically this is not our first rodeo with this... and we usually end up seeing a second leg / more dates.

AFTER these R40 dates they will say something like,

'we've spent the last few 4 or 5 months preparing and touring, and we are not getting any younger. We are going to take the rest of the year off and enjoy the holidays and see what next year brings.'

Then around the holidays we will start to hear rumors that they are going to ANNOUNCE something in early 2016. The rumors will consist of more N. American dates and probably a short stint in Europe (or vice versa).

Then mid winter of 2016 they will make an announcement:

'on the success and enjoyment of touring for R40 we have decided to extend it into 2016.'

I bet they add 15 (or so) more dates in N. America (probably hitting cities like Cleveland, that have been good to them over the years) and 15 or so major European cities (probably the 'standard' cities one would think of).

They will do the N. American and European dates, finishing in the fall of 2016.

On that they will say, 'we have spent the last year touring (even though it was a couple of 4 month stints in a 14 to 16 month span) we are now going to enjoy the holidays with our families, take a year off, and see what the future holds for us and the band.'

At that point i would think, outside of some sort of special projects - movie soundtracks or maybe a single or two... THAT will be the end of RUSH as we know them.

I don't think they will every say 'FINAL TOUR' it's not their style, but I don't think this 30+ date leg is really the end.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're wrong lol
  • Like 2