1-0-0-1-0-0-1

For example I'm sitting out back with a cigar, Scotch and a music app while looking through TRF. I like to post what I'm listening to while seeing what others are listening to.
  • Like 1

Maybe posts should only count if they have the word "rush" in them. Like, "I'm going to rush to the TV after dinner to watch tonight's game" or

"I had to rush to the bathroom after I ate that taco."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/10_4_3.gif

• Like 3

I'm guilty of racking up quite a few posts in the "What Are You Listening To Thread". That can easily count as spam too

This is why I only post something once in a while there. If you do song after song after song all in a row, it does appear that you are just trying to pad your post count.

Seriously?

Is there some sort of cash prize for posting I don't know about?

To me, it would look like folks are sharing their musical tastes.

Since this is the Rush Forum, how bout only Rush forum posts count, and General Discussion not be counted?

If posting musical taste and eclectic humor is an issue for some, and creates too much work for the excellent staff keeping this forum going so strong, let's propose doing away with the post count altogether.

• Like 2

I love spam

But you also like Toto, so . . .

:outtahere:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Kareen_Liez_Ecal_Datoy/meme1_zps5629fd83.jpg

Hold the Line = good Toto

Georgie Porgie = bad Toto

Hydra = good Toto (except for that part where he goes "ha-cha-choo-cha!")

You Supply the Love = bad Toto

Lovers in the Night = good Toto

etc.

Rosanna = good Toto. Real good.

I'm listening to TOTO right now...this one, see how you like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSNM5_5jP3Q

I just post what I feel like posting. :AlienSmiley:

A rebel with out a cause. :madra:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7451/1775/1600/Live_Fast_Die_Young_Rebel_Without_A_Cause.0.jpg

• Like 2

I just post what I feel like posting. :AlienSmiley:

So do I. I know I don't have a :pussy: 's chance in :fury: in getting 60k posts. I know I've posted around five or so songs in a row, but I don't do it to :bump: up my post count.

• Like 3

I'm not concerned about my post count. I have more important things on my mind. Whenever I have something on my mind I'll post it, and as of lately there hasn't been much. It wouldn't surprise me if I will be very absent during summer only to return again in autumn.
  • Like 1

Wouldn't it be wonderful if this was seriously the most important thing in our life? How someone gets 60,000 posts?

Who cares????? :unsure:

Well yes. But there are an awful lot of things that fall into that same heading of "First World Problems".

Taken within context, though, I do have to say that I think 60K posts from someone like Lerxt1990 or IlSnwdog (just to name 2 people) or someone like that will be more impressive.

• Like 4

I've been here like 7 years and still haven't hit 8000 posts! I guess I have really slowed down these past few years, though...

Hoping to see some of you folks in Toronto in June!

7 years for me to and I just went over 550 posts. And I visit the TRF multiple times daily.

Looking forward to meeting you in Toronto!

Regarding the "What You're Listening to" thread, the only time when someone might be doing it just to get their counter up is when someone listens to an album and posts every individual song instead of "Yes - Tormato"

But even then, others will "like" select songs which they favor if they're familiar with the album. So in the example where someone posted each song from Tormato in the thread, you'd definitely see me "like"-ing Release Release while Circus of Heaven would be left bare ;)

Regarding the "What You're Listening to" thread, the only time when someone might be doing it just to get their counter up is when someone listens to an album and posts every individual song instead of "Yes - Tormato"

But even then, others will "like" select songs which they favor if they're familiar with the album. So in the example where someone posted each song from Tormato in the thread, you'd definitely see me "like"-ing Release Release while Circus of Heaven would be left bare ;)

Ouch. Well I like them all. Underrated album in my view and one of my all time favorites. Quirky as hell in spots but I love it. Release Release is killer BTW... :)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if this was seriously the most important thing in our life? How someone gets 60,000 posts?

Well yes. But there are an awful lot of things that fall into that same heading of "First World Problems".

Taken within context, though, I do have to say that I think 60K posts from someone like Lerxt1990 or IlSnwdog (just to name 2 people) or someone like that will be more impressive.

Or you...

This isn't nearly as important as the real world stuff we all deal with on a daily basis, and I certainly didn't sell it as such. In the context of this board, however, it was something I felt like talking about.

Yep.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks that spam shouldn't exist on here? Or perhaps find a way to eliminate posts in Grand Designs from the user's post count?

But seriously, folks. It's just a number.

Making posts in GD not add to users post counts would be easy -- one click of the mouse would do it. But that wouldn't be fair to the people who use GD for what it was designed for -- for mindless word game and goofy humor threads. We included the few spam threads to make the spammers happy, while hoping they wouldn't abuse them.

that's so Jawk Jaw...

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks that spam shouldn't exist on here? Or perhaps find a way to eliminate posts in Grand Designs from the user's post count?

But seriously, folks. It's just a number.

Making posts in GD not add to users post counts would be easy -- one click of the mouse would do it. But that wouldn't be fair to the people who use GD for what it was designed for -- for mindless word game and goofy humor threads. We included the few spam threads to make the spammers happy, while hoping they wouldn't abuse them.

that's so Jawk Jaw...

This post is Hilda approved. :yes:

• Like 1

It was just nine months ago that Mr. Not reached 50,000 posts -- out of nowhere, too. He went on a 1,500+ post spamming run in a week to get there. It caught me by surprise so I didn't have the 50,000 post level icon ready in time, and quite honestly, once I found out he reached 50k I didn't rush to complete it...because of how he reached it.

And now he's at 61,399 posts. Another 11,000+ posts in under nine months. Once again I had planned to have an icon ready for 60,000, but I haven't even started working on it yet (name and image are already picked out), and I was hardly even thinking about it because I didn't think anyone would get to 60,000 this fast.

Honestly, I'm not all that psyched to finish it now. Not to reward spam. Sorry, Mr. Not -- there's no rule against spamming here, but I'm not inspired to reward it, either. Maybe I sound like a dick for saying all this, and this will probably start some drama, but I'm just being honest. Post level icons and 2112 badges lose some of their meaning for me when people use 95% spam to reach them.

Note: I'm not officially speaking for the rest of the mod staff here. I just looked at the top poster list and started typing.

I was kinda hoping I wasn't the only one with this opinion.

I await the day where LedRush gets to 50,000 posts and has to carry around his Double Agent title and icon :D

SOOOOO TIGHT!

Never!

You got out of having the Double Agent title after I came up with your current member title. But that icon is still very much a possibility! :fury:

• Like 1