1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I love spam

.http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--DQskOc6T--/18h7u4oquubijjpg.jpg

• Like 2

I love spam

.http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--DQskOc6T--/18h7u4oquubijjpg.jpg

But you also like Toto, so . . .

:outtahere:

• Like 5

60,000 posts is unreachable for me...and that's ok in my book. That's a lot of spam, and idle time!

Not to mention carpal tunnel.

• Like 2

How much carpal tunnel can you get posting this?

============================================================================

I love spam

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Kareen_Liez_Ecal_Datoy/meme1_zps5629fd83.jpg

I actually find the spam thread a rather unique place for eclectic humor, almost like an open mic night. Sure members spam away to hike up their post count, but as a rook here, I am unfamiliar with a thread that is used every day, with such a focus on unique oddball humor (not counting the obscure inside jokes that hike up counts as well). Other members simply provide random experiences from their daily lives, without having to fit it into a definition that most narrowly defined threads require. I find it one of the more interesting and funny non-rush places around here.

Some of us are actually horrified to see their post count rise. I recall one of the first times I checked out the daily top twenty, and there I was, horrified to be at number 2.

I also post a lot to the "what non Rush music are you listening to right now." I never expected to do that, but I tried it once, and members responded with a couple likes. So I read what others post, and reply with likes as well. I find it to be an interesting sub community here. I listen to a lot of not very well known bands, especially in the States. I figure if one person decides to sample the California twinged gentlemanly blues of Cracker, or the eerie Canadian hospital music of Matthew Good, then it's well worth the time invested. Post count be d----d.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 4

If you do it fifty thousand times a day, quite a bit.

Nah, I've never seen his post count higher than 3500 in one day.

That's nuts.

• Like 2

I actually find the spam thread a rather unique place for ecclectic humor, almost like an open mic night. Sure members spam away to hike up their post count, but as a rook here, I am unfamiliar with a thread that is used every day, with such a focus on unique oddball humor, especially not having to fit it into that narrowly defined thread. Other members simply provide random experiences from their daily lives, without having to fit it into a definition that most defined threads require. I find it one of the more interesting and funny non-rush places around here.

Some of us are actually horrified to see their post count rise. I recall one of the first times I checked out the daily top twenty, and there I was, horrified to be at number 2.

I also post a lot to the "what non Rush music are you listening to right now." I never expected to do that, but I tried it once, and members responded with a couple likes. So I read what others post, and reply with likes as well. I find it to be an interesting sub community here. I listen to a lot of not very well known bands, especially in the States. I figure if one person decides to sample the California twinged gentlemanly blues of Cracker, or the eerie Canadian hospital music of Matthew Good, then it's well worth the time invested. Post count be d----d.

Glad you're enjoying it ;)

I think the record was somewhere between 5k-7k. len(songs) was a trooper himself, he got 2 or 3k in one day. I miss that smart ass, hopefully he'll return for summer.

I always figured the spam thread was just for people to hike up their post count. Otherwise, why have it? Or why even have a post count option at all? I don't really see the point in that. It just encourages random posting to be posting. Unless that's the point?

There's a difference between going into a spam thread and casually popping off a handful of posts a day, with those spam posts supplementing your other posts in other parts of the board, and sitting there for hours and hours piling up 1.500 posts in a week. Or 11,000 posts in nine months.

Exactly, where would my Good Morning Megyn Kelly posts go, in some "good morning thread" by YYZumbi?

• Like 2

I love spam

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Kareen_Liez_Ecal_Datoy/meme1_zps5629fd83.jpg

Hold the Line = good Toto

Georgie Porgie = bad Toto

Hydra = good Toto (except for that part where he goes "ha-cha-choo-cha!")

You Supply the Love = bad Toto

Lovers in the Night = good Toto

etc.

Edited by toymaker

I always figured the spam thread was just for people to hike up their post count. Otherwise, why have it? Or why even have a post count option at all? I don't really see the point in that. It just encourages random posting to be posting. Unless that's the point?

There's a difference between going into a spam thread and casually popping off a handful of posts a day, with those spam posts supplementing your other posts in other parts of the board, and sitting there for hours and hours piling up 1.500 posts in a week. Or 11,000 posts in nine months.

It just seems like common sense that you shouldn't spam post your way through a board.

• Like 6

I love spam

Hold the Line = good Toto

Georgie Porgie = bad Toto

Hydra = good Toto (except for that part where he goes "ha-cha-choo-cha!")

You Supply the Love = bad Toto

Lovers in the Night = good Toto

etc.

Rosanna = good Toto. Real good.

• Like 2

I've been here like 7 years and still haven't hit 8000 posts! I guess I have really slowed down these past few years, though...

Hoping to see some of you folks in Toronto in June!

• Like 3

I'm guilty of racking up quite a few posts in the "What Are You Listening To Thread". That can easily count as spam too

This is why I only post something once in a while there. If you do song after song after song all in a row, it does appear that you are just trying to pad your post count.

• Like 1

I'm guilty of racking up quite a few posts in the "What Are You Listening To Thread". That can easily count as spam too

This is why I only post something once in a while there. If you do song after song after song all in a row, it does appear that you are just trying to pad your post count.

I post in there when I listen to music and happen to be on here at the same time. It isn't often but I have done it from time to time. If a person is on here and they actually listen to that much music then God bless em as far as I am concerned. Go for it. I would rather discuss a variety of topics and mostly sit and watch the news while doing this but that is just me. We're all unique and that is a wonderful thing in my view... :) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

I post in there when I listen to music and happen to be on here at the same time. It isn't often but I have done it from time to time. If a person is on here and they actually listen to that much music then God bless em as far as I am concerned. Go for it. I would rather discuss a variety of topics and mostly sit and watch the news while doing this but that is just me. We're all unique and that is a wonderful thing in my view... :)

I would rather post about what I am listening to than all of the polls that are made up here. I have posted in some of them but I find it gets old fast.

• Like 1

I post in there when I listen to music and happen to be on here at the same time. It isn't often but I have done it from time to time. If a person is on here and they actually listen to that much music then God bless em as far as I am concerned. Go for it. I would rather discuss a variety of topics and mostly sit and watch the news while doing this but that is just me. We're all unique and that is a wonderful thing in my view... :)

I can't say for sure here, but I have certainly seen things like this happen on other forums where it was really obvious. To a point where the poster was reminded "you are NOT your post count." :LOL:

• Like 1