Happy 31st Birthday Grace Under Pressure

Bigbobby10

Hip hip! Bologna!

At any rate. Happy birthday! I was actually just listening to GuP yesterday.

• Like 1

I would definitely wear my Grace Under Pressure shirt if I didn't have to dress nice today.
  • Like 1

Really strong Rush album, and generally underrated, I think. The overall sound is certainly a product of its time. By and large, very good songs, and there's an intense energy to it that both the album that preceded and succeeded it don't have.
  • Like 2

My number one Rush album period and my first Tour concert of now 49 shows. Happy Birthday and rocking the youngsters of today.

That tour concert kept me rocking through my 26 mile cycling ride today. Awesome.

Edited by g under p
  • Like 2

Wow....I remember grabbing it on my lunch hour on both album AND cassette because I wanted to listen to it in my "Walkman" while working...I thought it was interesting, but when I gave it my "critical listen" that night at my friends house (over some sort of "party favor" I'm sure) I think we were amazed at how different it was... (and thankfully a lot "brighter" than Signal's)

I also think that night we decided that if the tour came close we were going to try to (finally) go!

• Like 2

Not my favorite 80's album but it has Distant Early Warning, Afterimage and The Enemy Within which are all awesome. Edited by driven_to_xanadu
  • Like 1

A personal favorite - mostly for the fact that it was the first album I anticipated the release of and the first tour I saw Rush on (up to 47 shows now!)

I recall recording tracks from WPYX106 (Albany, NY) off the radio onto cassette before the album was released (Between the Wheels, Red Sector A, Distant Early Warning) and listening to them on my walkman at school.....

Also remember that MTV was actually a big source of Rush for me in those days (yes, MTV) - showing the DEW & Body Electric videos,and later the P/G concert (which was simulcast with radio stations around the country.)

My First show was September 15, 1984 at Glens Falls Civic Center (NY)

I would definitely wear my Grace Under Pressure shirt if I didn't have to dress nice today.

i would wear mine because i want to dress nice today :)
  • Like 1

i would wear mine because i want to dress nice today :)

I would wear mine, but it doesn't fit anymore. 1984 was a LONG time ago :)