Rotating the Older Material

It actually makes sense if you think about it. Take 4 song slots and use 8 songs from the old stuff to fill them. All get performed on the tour, but Geddy only has to worry about 4 each night. Do them in the 2nd set after he's good and warmed up. Some might consider this example blasphemous, but I know I'll be hitting Newark before MSG if this scenario holds true......ticket sales would benefit a bit, too.............

Night A

By-Tor/Necromancer medley

Cinderella Man

Hemispheres Prelude

A Passage To Bangkok

Night B

Xanadu

The Trees

Beneath, Between, & Behind

Bastille Day

I'm assuming that 2112 Overture, La Villa, and anything off of PeW would be played every night. I avoided the 1st album because it's just a gut call on my part. I just think they find it too immature at this point.......but I'd love to see What You're Doing or Here Again with the extended Alex solo and old echoplex pedal.

LBG getting heat wanting FOUR vintage songs? FOUR? If they can't pull off 4 then its time to make Neil's wish come true and ride off into the sunset. If LL Cool Ged can't figure out how to rearrange 70s tunes, the 80s ones ain't gonna sound too hot either. Most of these have been played live since CP.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Similar to an idea I had regarding this tour. I was thinking since everybody is clamoring for 2112, Xanadu, Cygnus, and Hemispheres, why not rotate their 'epics' throughout the tour. If only dreams came true.

I'd like to hear a rotation of the "usual suspects" if they decide to play them, that way instead of all of us hearing 10 songs we've all heard a million times before, we only have to sit through 5.

Alternate Subdivisions/Limelight, YYZ/La Villa Strangiato, Big Money/Force Ten, The Trees/Closer to the Heart, 2112: Overture & Syrinx/Working Man.

Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer can both remain as they're too iconic to leave out.

Edited by GrandDesigner
  • Like 2