Rush, Ayn Rand, and Philosophy In Your Life

Lucas

only one other person in history has used "jargy" as a "comeback" so...

Scooby Doo?

tom sawyer over in SOCN

:o ....
  • Like 1

Rand was a sociopath, Peart is a sociopath. Better beware kiddies.

Anyone above the age of 16 who hasn't debunked Rand's "philosophy" already is a douche in my book.

pratt a sociopath? seriously? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: you need to get out of the house more (or get laid). what a Delta Bravo. maybe go play in the street with a blindfold on- really it's fun and i'll be you'e the best at it- dickhead.

You've been here for about five years, and not once during that time have you posted in a manner that makes us glad to have you. At this point I would classify you as "dispensable." Are you capable of changing that perception?

I found the Fountainhead to be a thinly veiled metaphor from start to finish. The biggest problem with her writing is the people don't seem natural or like "people" in any meaningful sense. Very, very one-dimensional.

Very well said, I read the Fountainhead out of curiosity and had much the same thoughts, it was philosophy disguised as very poor fiction. In addition, I was disgusted at Rand writing her rape fantasies into the book and was not at all surprised to find out after reading it that she had a lot of serious personal problems. Her philosophy panders to people who think they are better than everyone else.

• Like 1

Wow. A thread with actual thought involved. Bravo TRF.

Dude, we have conversations like this, all the time, in the SOCN. Come on over. There are several South Carolinians there, too(upstate, sandhills, grandstrand, and lowcountry regions all represented).

Most of us try to be honest and learn something from one another. I know I do.

Thanks. I don't do well in discussions like this one as I am very liberal and frankly not as well read as some of you.

I guess I would rather be a dumb liberal than a smart conservtive.

I was not always like this. With age, its amazing how a persons thinking can change.

I want to help people today much more than I did when I was busy building a nest egg.

I will check it out though. What is SOCN?

The Sense O'Clock News. We discuss anything and everything besides music. You might enjoy it. I am not well read either but I have a good time in there for the most part. If you are as liberal as you state that you are you will fit in nicely there. You may even find yourself changing your mind on a thing or two along the way... :)

If, as I've surmised from reading some of your posts, you're more libertarian than liberal in the modern American sense, you'll find yourself at home there. If you're more of a statist, redistributionist liberal, you're welcome to come over; that point of view expressed in a rational, measured way in SOCN is fairly uncommon, and we could use more reasoned input from economic liberals and if you give respect you'll get it. Either way, if you don't act like a d-bag, you should enjoy it there.

• Like 2

Wow. A thread with actual thought involved. Bravo TRF.

Dude, we have conversations like this, all the time, in the SOCN. Come on over. There are several South Carolinians there, too(upstate, sandhills, grandstrand, and lowcountry regions all represented).

Most of us try to be honest and learn something from one another. I know I do.

Thanks. I don't do well in discussions like this one as I am very liberal and frankly not as well read as some of you.

I guess I would rather be a dumb liberal than a smart conservtive.

I was not always like this. With age, its amazing how a persons thinking can change.

I want to help people today much more than I did when I was busy building a nest egg.

Come on over. You'll probably find out that a lot of is agree on a lot more than you might hypothesize. Religion and abortion debates get heated, but most of us are social liberals and economic conservatives, i.e., we love freedom.

TRF's very own conservative circle-jerk forum. If you can avoid saying anything bad about Reagan and laugh at their jokes here and there, you won't get any jizz on you.

• Like 2

Viktor Frankl's Man's Search For Meaning was huge for me last year, as well as Brendan Manning's Ragamuffin Gospel and Elizabeth Kubler-Ross's On Death and Dying helped me cope with many personal crises, along with my mother's passing.
  • Like 3

Viktor Frankl's Man's Search For Meaning was huge for me last year, as well as Brendan Manning's Ragamuffin Gospel and Elizabeth Kubler-Ross's On Death and Dying helped me cope with many personal crises, along with my mother's passing.

All the best to you and your family MH - sorry to hear about your Mom .....

• Like 2

Anyone above the age of 16 who hasn't debunked Rand's "philosophy" already is a douche in my book.

pratt a sociopath? seriously? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: you need to get out of the house more (or get laid). what a Delta Bravo. maybe go play in the street with a blindfold on- really it's fun and i'll be you'e the best at it- dickhead.

You've been here for about five years, and not once during that time have you posted in a manner that makes us glad to have you. At this point I would classify you as "dispensable." Are you capable of changing that perception?

oh yes massa, rites away massa.

:wtf:

Just go away.

Yeah, that's about what we expected from you.

TRF's very own conservative circle-jerk forum. If you can avoid saying anything bad about Reagan and laugh at their jokes here and there, you won't get any jizz on you.

Now that is funny because the Conservative Circle Jerkers have to deal with Condensending Douche Liberal every day...SOCN Fair and Balanced. Wooops that phrase is taken.

Now that is funny because the Conservative Circle Jerkers have to deal with Condensending Douche Liberal every day...SOCN Fair and Balanced. Wooops that phrase is taken.

^^^

This would be one of the jokes it's OK not to laugh at.

Edited by JARG
  • Like 3

All the best to you and your family MH - sorry to hear about your Mom .....

Thanks very much, Lucas. :)

I found SOCN, but see no way to access the page. Its empty with the only option to read the rules which I did skim over.

Do I need special permission or something?

Sounds exactly what I want to avoid.

Her philosophy panders to people who think they are better than everyone else.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_tEo38PEwokE/SaY1qlwBD3I/AAAAAAAADPg/JT6Iy3cAR5Q/I%20love%20irony_thumb%5B3%5D.gif?imgmax=800
  • Like 2

I found SOCN, but see no way to access the page. Its empty with the only option to read the rules which I did skim over.

You need to send a PM to 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 and tell him you want to join.

Just PM me if you want access. SOCN is not everyone's cup of tea and most people never request access, but as far as it being Conservative-heavy, well, it used to be a lot heavier. The middle of the spectrum has decent representation nowadays.

^^^^ This, but beware... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Really? I see the heading says to "Open Letters To The Powers That Be (Politics - please see inside for information on how to access this forum)"

I accessed it, and got no information on how to access the forum.

If it requires special permission, its really not for me.

Just PM me if you want access. SOCN is not everyone's cup of tea and most people never request access, but as far as it being Conservative-heavy, well, it used to be a lot heavier. The middle of the spectrum has decent representation nowadays.

Thanks.