Rush, Ayn Rand, and Philosophy In Your Life

Lucas

Rand was a sociopath, Peart is a sociopath. Better beware kiddies.

Anyone above the age of 16 who hasn't debunked Rand's "philosophy" already is a douche in my book.

pratt a sociopath? seriously? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: you need to get out of the house more (or get laid). what a Delta Bravo. maybe go play in the street with a blindfold on- really it's fun and i'll be you'e the best at it- dickhead.

Thanks for the life affirming private message too, sweatpea.

Man, oh man, some of you guys get magical powers of invincibility in your own personal digital space. Modern computers can do many things but punch back is not one of them. How about you smash that tablet over your head for a real life experience?

Wow...he really PM'd you?

Describing Peart as a sociopath is harsh but similarly some of his reflections on "ordinary people" are harsh too. One of the things I dislike about Peart (I certainly don't hate the guy I actually admire his talents) is this thing he has about "praise from the praiseworthy" whilst cringing when you or I offer our humble praise. It ties in with Randism too. She saw artists as elite and only other gifted artists were worth her time. Despising the ordinariness of people...

By the way this is why political discussion is only permitted in SOCN, people tend to get butthurt and spit their dummies. Nowt wrong with that but everything in its right place...

Anyone above the age of 16 who hasn't debunked Rand's "philosophy" already is a douche in my book.

pratt a sociopath? seriously? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: you need to get out of the house more (or get laid). what a Delta Bravo. maybe go play in the street with a blindfold on- really it's fun and i'll be you'e the best at it- dickhead.

Man, oh man, some of you guys get magical powers of invincibility in your own personal digital space. Modern computers can do many things but punch back is not one of them. How about you smash that tablet over your head for a real life experience?

Yes, apparently he needed to tell he I was a dick. Like I've never been called that before, my mother has called me worse... ;)

Wow. A thread with actual thought involved. Bravo TRF.

Dude, we have conversations like this, all the time, in the SOCN. Come on over. There are several South Carolinians there, too(upstate, sandhills, grandstrand, and lowcountry regions all represented).

Most of us try to be honest and learn something from one another. I know I do.

Thanks. I don't do well in discussions like this one as I am very liberal and frankly not as well read as some of you.

I guess I would rather be a dumb liberal than a smart conservtive.

I was not always like this. With age, its amazing how a persons thinking can change.

I want to help people today much more than I did when I was busy building a nest egg.

I will check it out though. What is SOCN?

The Sense O'Clock News. We discuss anything and everything besides music. You might enjoy it. I am not well read either but I have a good time in there for the most part. If you are as liberal as you state that you are you will fit in nicely there. You may even find yourself changing your mind on a thing or two along the way... :)

Naughty Narps. Most Liberals get eaten alive in there. I say most... ;)

He could be a libertarian. He by his own admission has more than a few years under his belt. That typically swings folks away from the "typical" liberal way of thinking at least from my experience anyway. Who knows? Anyway, if he is interested in "some" thoughtful and some heated debates he may enjoy it at least for a while anyway. He, self admitted, as am I are not very well read and have a tough time keeping up but I find it enjoyable just the same... :)
  • Like 1

Yes, apparently he needed to tell he I was a dick. Like I've never been called that before, my mother has called me worse... ;)

You don't need anyone to defend you, but I think he has a lot of damn nerve pm'ing you. He ought to be banned for that.

• Like 1

You don't need anyone to defend you, but I think he has a lot of damn nerve pm'ing you. He ought to be banned for that.

Pretty bad if you ask me. I rarely even PM the folks I like and I certainly would one that I didn't.. :sigh: Edited by Narpsberg

Decades after her death, Rand continues to be a very polarizing figure ... but my original intent in posting this was not to discuss Rand's work ..

Quite obviously, a person does not need to agree with Rand to have been effected or influenced by her .

I used the term "springboard" with the hopes hearing person anecdotes or experiences because I wanted to hear more about the people here - the different personalities ( ... which happened anyway )

"I love ANTHEM, and I'd like to hear if RUSH have opened the door to any books, philosophies or other non-musical aspects in life" was my closing sentence ... perhaps a person could be so obsessed with Rand that they fail to realize that there are other authors, philosophies, etc in life ....

I enjoy reading the passion here, as that in itself is inspiring - whether I agree or disagree, different viewpoints will inevitably make me assess and reassess my own .. but the one thing I must admit is that the reactionary, critical comments here are a bit off-putting - but it is al. good, and it helps paint the picture ..

Strange as it may sound, this has been fun

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Decades after her death, Rand continues to be a very polarizing figure ... but my original intent in posting this was not to discuss Rand's work ..

Quite obviously, a person does not need to agree with Rand to have been effected or influenced by her .

I used the term "springboard" with the hopes hearing person anecdotes or experiences because I wanted to hear more about the people here - the different personalities ( ... which happened anyway )

"I love ANTHEM, and I'd like to hear if RUSH have opened the door to any books, philosophies or other non-musical aspects in life" was my closing sentence ... perhaps a person could be so obsessed with Rand that they fail to realize that there are other authors, philosophies, etc in life ....

I enjoy reading the passion here, as that in itself is inspiring - whether I agree or disagree, different viewpoints will inevitably make me assess and reassess my own .. but the one thing I must admit is that the reactionary, critical comments here are a bit off-putting - but it is al. good, and it helps paint the picture ..

Strange as it may sound, this has been fun

:goodone: And the "be careful what you wish for" doesn't even apply. Those last four words speak volumes. Well done... :cheers: Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

Well you are a dick and if he wasn't such a big pussy, he would've told you that in "public".

• Like 1

Well you are a dick and if he wasn't such a big pussy, he would've told you that in "public".

He's doubled down on the nice words then blocked me from replying.

i did tell him in public...and you are a dick too jarg. hey anthony: :clap:

XXX

At least I'm not a cockbag.

hmmm possibly, but your guitar playing leads me to believe you sound like a cockbag anyways.

hey tony..'sup douche?

Hmmm. So come on...reveal yourself clown.

Not banned, just required to make an appointment first like everyone else.

• Like 1

hmmm possibly, but your guitar playing leads me to believe you sound like a cockbag anyways.

hey tony..'sup douche?

Friend of yours?

Not in real life. Just wondering if it is someone from CP.

Besides, friends me? :LOL:

• Like 1

hey tony..'sup douche?

Friend of yours?

Not in real life. Just wondering if it is someone from CP.

Besides, friends me? :LOL:

Hey, it's bound to happen sooner or later!