What is the best venue you have seem them at?

I'm not sure I have a favorite venue. These days they sound pretty similar everywhere. I can say that the first Rush show I ever saw had the worst sound--Brendan Byrne Arena (later continental airlines arena, and finally Izod center--they just had their final event, and it's closing indefinitely). I think the prudential center was one of the best performances I ever saw--2012, but not because the venue is anything special. Another really horrid-sounding venue sticks out in my mind though--Wellmont Theater in Montclair, NJ. Kyuss and the Sword sounded awful, and both are really good bands when you can actually hear them.

I'm not sure I have a favorite venue. These days they sound pretty similar everywhere. I can say that the first Rush show I ever saw had the worst sound--Brendan Byrne Arena (later continental airlines arena, and finally Izod center--they just had their final event, and it's closing indefinitely). I think the prudential center was one of the best performances I ever saw--2012, but not because the venue is anything special. Another really horrid-sounding venue sticks out in my mind though--Wellmont Theater in Montclair, NJ. Kyuss and the Sword sounded awful, and both are really good bands when you can actually hear them.

Agreed. Meadowlands was horrible. I saw them at Prudential and was really surprised by the venue in a good way. We were in section 1 at the end away from the stage and with my experience at the meadowlands, I thought they would be tiny figures. However, Prudential was more close up feeling. It was great!

My first Rush show at Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo. Open floor, no seats. Just elbow your way to within 20 feet of the stage.

That's probably not the type of answer you were going for, but those were the good old days before $1000 front row tickets.

• Like 1

Murphy Center- Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

That old gym has a perfectly flat roof, and was the best sound at any Rush show I've been to.

It's sort of built halfway underground, in a hole, not sure if that helped.

It was the 'Counterparts' tour so the music needed all the help it could get.

2nd New- New Orleans Arena has perfect sightlines from any seat

I loved the acoustics of Alpine Valley... saw my first Rush show there, and many many other concerts. Getting in and out of the place sucked, but the concerts were great. I am not a big fan of indoor venues, so I also like Marcus Amphitheater and Nissan Pavilion.

To be honest I think all of them have been pretty good. The sound at outdoor venues tends to not be as good as the arenas though.
  • Like 1

Radio City Music Hall in NYC or the PNC Arts Center lawn.

As i am reading through this thread, i am thinking the same thing.

Radio City HANDS DOWN! - i mean it's Radio City Music Hall

and

PNC - good sound for an outdoor venue, easy in and out, lax tailgate 'rules', overall just a really, really good place to see a show. Never sat on the lawn but PNC is a really good place

Edited by stephena
  • Like 2

I thought the acoustics for the Signals tour were great at Radio City. You nailed why the PNC Art Center is great for a show.

Radio City...its the only non-gigantic venue I have had the fortune to see them. I recall one of the shows I was center stage in first balcony row 2, and the lasers and lights came right at us. Awesome! Cant get that in an arena!

Best; June '80 Newcastle City Hall - Permanent Waves tour

Worst; Ingleston, Edinburgh. Signals tour. Cattle shed venue, promoting an album I didn't like, plus one of the band was rumoured to be ill. Never going to be a classic

...I can say that the first Rush show I ever saw had the worst sound--Brendan Byrne Arena (later continental airlines arena, and finally Izod center--they just had their final event, and it's closing indefinitely)...

Agreed. Meadowlands was horrible.

Brendan Byrne Arena is where I have seen the band the most. So the memories are special anyway. What is replacing it?

When is that hideous looking mall thing opening, still called Xanadu?

I have two that I am torn between;

#1- Moving Pictures warm up, 1980 Philidelphia Spectrum. Nostalgic vote- 1st live show Hooked!

#2- R-30 2004 Ford Amphitheater (Tampa) Most Memorable vote- Had the whole family (wife & 3 Kids ages 6,11 &15) on the lawn, beautiful magical night :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1