New Neil Peart news update

That One Guy

Lol at the apologists ITT. Neil was chomping at the bit to be recognized as a rock artist for quite a while. He knew the environment he was getting into, but eventually decided he wanted his cake and eat it too.

And btw, yes, he does owe us...and himself...and Alex&Geddy..and Rush.

It must be awful to have such a negative outlook on life.

If u refuse to see the truth in something, that is a negative outlook.

There is no such thing as an absolute truth. Neil said he never thought of doing the things that fans do to him (chasing him around, death threats..etc.). I don't think anyone really has an idea of what celebrity entails until it happens to them. A lot of artistic types are introverted and find it hard to deal with being in the public eye.

He's hypocritical and often hides behind the misunderstood/shy/introverted guise so many of u buy into when he really just can't be bothered. He is selectively antisocial.

You must really f***ing hate Neil!

Lol at the apologists ITT. Neil was chomping at the bit to be recognized as a rock artist for quite a while. He knew the environment he was getting into, but eventually decided he wanted his cake and eat it too.

There is no such thing as an absolute truth. Neil said he never thought of doing the things that fans do to him (chasing him around, death threats..etc.). I don't think anyone really has an idea of what celebrity entails until it happens to them. A lot of artistic types are introverted and find it hard to deal with being in the public eye.

He's hypocritical and often hides behind the misunderstood/shy/introverted guise so many of u buy into when he really just can't be bothered. He is selectively antisocial.

Yeah Wtf?

you fools, don't you see... gemini is neil

Paradoxically, I don't!

• Like 1

Does Neil put older stories somewhere else online when he takes them off News Weather and Sports, or are they gone forever?

I liked the stories circa early 2010

Does Neil put older stories somewhere else online when he takes them off News Weather and Sports, or are they gone forever?

Yup. Go to the News tab on his page, and at the top, just under the THE NEWS banner, click on "Select A Story."

Yup. Go to the News tab on his page, and at the top, just under the THE NEWS banner, click on "Select A Story."

Yes, those go back quite far, but a while ago he took off roughly pre-2012 stories. I was wondering if you could go back further than that.

Yes, those go back quite far, but a while ago he took off roughly pre-2012 stories. I was wondering if you could go back further than that.

if you want to read the older posts you have to buy his giant book

I've never read any Neil Peart books. I somewhat enjoy his online writing style, and wonder if I would thus like his books. Ghost Rider is about that really shitty "my whole family just died" part of his life, right? Riding 55,000 miles to find yourself again sounds like it would produce a good read.

I've never read any Neil Peart books. I somewhat enjoy his online writing style, and wonder if I would thus like his books. Ghost Rider is about that really shitty "my whole family just died" part of his life, right? Riding 55,000 miles to find yourself again sounds like it would produce a good read.

If I were going to just start with one, I'd get either Roadshow or the most recent book, Far and Near, On Days Like These.

I thought the book was okay, and it certainly gives you an intimate view of the man and what he went through. Here is my short review of the book:

A story about a guy, who happens to be the drummer for the band Rush, who takes a series of motorcycle trips, riding 55,000 miles around North America as a way of mentally healing from the death of his daughter and wife in quick succession. I found it interesting to read about the trials and tribulations of such a ride, as well as how an individual deals with such a loss. The second half of the book contains a series of letters he wrote to friends during this journey; a few of them would have been interesting, but I felt like too much of the book relied on the letters, versus having the same information presented to us directly.

I thought the book was okay, and it certainly gives you an intimate view of the man and what he went through. Here is my short review of the book:

A story about a guy, who happens to be the drummer for the band Rush, who takes a series of motorcycle trips, riding 55,000 miles around North America as a way of mentally healing from the death of his daughter and wife in quick succession. I found it interesting to read about the trials and tribulations of such a ride, as well as how an individual deals with such a loss. The second half of the book contains a series of letters he wrote to friends during this journey; a few of them would have been interesting, but I felt like too much of the book relied on the letters, versus having the same information presented to us directly.

Doesn't really sell me either way. Length?

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

HAHAHA! This says it all Duck!

I actually have a very true story to share about Neil and his motorcycle trip way up NORTH when he had to get away for a few years!

So when he was way up North traveling on his bike he actually encountered a polar bear wandering around the trail.

Neil had to stop his bike and chill out. (pun intended)

As the polar bear approached Neil he became intimidated and rose on to two feet! The bear was actually going to attack Neil!

Neil jumped off his bike and ran up to the polar bear with his arms raised screaming and yelling at the bear!

Now that's fukking nuts but it worked. Neil actually scared the polar bear away.

Not sure if this story made it into any of his books but I know it's true. I have a great source.

I may be strange and crazy but I am not a bullshitter.

Cheers and goodnight.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I know I'm never the one to say this but it's amazing that he can be the drummer that he is.. In a band like Rush and fail to bring to bring it up once in such long blog entries..

But you found you bag Neil, I'm so happy for you! Maybe if you had more bandwidth or whatever you could have mentioned a little about this 1500 year old drum set you're taking out on this 40th anniversary tour which could be the last ever..

It was the previous blog.