Anybody else thinking about skipping this tour?

Skipping the last Rush tour...sounds like a wonderful idea :eh: :boo hiss:

I didn't see any dates close to home, so Yes it does look like I have to skip this tour :(

Never. I never miss a tour from Rush (since I started seeing them in 1982/83).

Period.

Thought has never crossed my mind ever. They have 4 decades of music.....the can skip one of those decades anytime by me....no 70's stuff? Who cares.

It's f***ing Rush.

• Like 4

Obviously, some care, hence this thread. Be thankful for that 70s material, without it they'd be playing the Deerfield Beach Boardwalk. Why is it an issue, check out the first 3 hours setlist of CA tour. love that town! It's effing Deerfield! Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

I've only seen em three times. I should've tried for a first 15 row seat when they were around $150. Would be hard to afford now.

I may go for a back of the venue seat, which is still about $80 locally...

No, and was pretty happy to see Tampa on the list of stops for R40, Memorial day weekend no less!

Was horrified as the set list came out for CA, not a big fan of the keyboard era, thought about selling my tics but glad I didnt because the CA material was very good, SSOG could have been on a 70s album imo, great song.

The two songs I most wish they dust off and perform are Lakeside Park, and What Your Doing

The tics are very expensive scored two in the presale 18th row floor $350 with fees

I may skip the tour for two reasons and retire from following the group indefinitely:

1) Inadequate setlist (by my standards)- Omission of historically "important" songs from Fly-By-Night to P/G, or inclusion of a significant number of songs from the post-'97 era.

2) The band's surreptitious leaks that this is indeed their last tour has resulted in grossly distorted ticket resale prices. I won't be paying +$2k to sit within the first two rows of the stage for the reason that Rush- and nobody but Rush- is responsible for this dirty manipulation. R40 should really be called "A means to an End" tour.

Wah.

I've seen every tour since 2112, I cannot image missing the last tour....for ANY reason.

But not their last "gigs."

;-)

• Like 1

I really wish I could skip R40 because I've seen them many times before, but it's not my case.

I'm going to cross the 'pond' with my wife for the NYC show because this time we haven't been bleseed by European tour and I thank God or whatever that I can afford it, no matter if I'm already on a bread and butter diet.

Moreover, I have also bought Shania Twain tickets for the MSG show the following day (my wife's input!...) and at this point I wouldn' like to cross the ocean just to see her gig!

No way I'm missing the tour.

As for the setlist I really don't care, I LIKE hearing new material live. I'd have been OK if they had played ALL of CA.

I know a lot of fans are stuck in the 70s and 80s but if I just wanted to hear Tom Sawyer or whatever, well I've got the DVDs.

Whatever the setlist happens to be, I just hope it's material they will do justice to. I don't want to hear Geddy struggling through songs he just can't sing any more.

I want to see 2015 Rush playing what they can play in 2015, rather than 2015 struggling to be 1978 Rush. That would be just sad. Like the 55 year old guy with the combover in the corvette.

• Like 3

No way I'm missing the tour.

As for the setlist I really don't care, I LIKE hearing new material live. I'd have been OK if they had played ALL of CA.

I know a lot of fans are stuck in the 70s and 80s but if I just wanted to hear Tom Sawyer or whatever, well I've got the DVDs.

Whatever the setlist happens to be, I just hope it's material they will do justice to. I don't want to hear Geddy struggling through songs he just can't sing any more.

I want to see 2015 Rush playing what they can play in 2015, rather than 2015 struggling to be 1978 Rush. That would be just sad. Like the 55 year old guy with the combover in the corvette.

Yes this exactly. Let them play what they're able to do justice to. I'd rather not hear the older stuff if he can't handle it. I just want them to play what they want to play and can do well.

• Like 3

omg, there are still people who really think Rush 'orchestrated' the last tour possibility rumor to boost tickets???

ridiculous reading that over and over.

Ticket prices would be no lower and their demand would be no lesser if that was never said at all, rest assured.

I don't get why people don't see Rush being bigger than ever....what, because there were a a handful of buttfuck venues on the CA tour that didn't completely sell out to the last seat??

That means jack shit. Rush has increased in live tour popularity since R30.

• Like 1

That would be just sad. Like the 55 year old guy with the combover in the corvette.

Are there any other Corvette drivers other than 55 year olds with combovers? I haven't seen any.

A female comedian had a great line about that. Everytime she saw an old guy driving a Corvette, she'd yell 'sorry about your penis!' to them.

Quite honestly I don't have a problem with people not going to the shows. It helps keep the ticket demand, and scalper prices, down for the rest of us. Thanks!
  • Like 1

i am the peacemaker. But seriously, unless you have no choice literally, if you miss this tour, just walk away. And if you have no choice, contact me. We are raising money to get you all there. This may be it. I am getting as many people to shows as I can.
  • Like 3

Some have the right to make that choice and choose to decide for themselves Edited by Gabrielgil513

RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they play it we will come.
  • Like 1

RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they play it we will come.

Yes, the 1974 release, in full!!!!

;-)

• Like 1

this is Rush. Why are we even still talking about this. I will sell my organs if I have to to get there.

If the entire setlist was comprised of my least favorite Rush songs, i would still go and be extatic.
  • Like 1