I love Tai Shan, IDK what anyone thinks

hughes&kettner

:ph34r: Once in a while I get the urge to hear that song. I know even Ged has said it wasn't his favorite. But I simply LOVE Lerxt's tone and mood on that song, especially when he first comes in and the outro is goose-bumpy for me. I wouldn't take it over By-tor or Lavilla or anything like that, but I dig that tune and don't care what haters may think. :dweez: :bitchslap: :rush:
  • Like 1

I Don't Kare for it..
  • Like 4

Personally Find it to be one of the bands most beautifully produced and arranged ambient songs. Extra points for making an epic short and sweet.

Just as everyone around here seems to act like Hemispheres is the be all and end all of life itself, it seems that to be taken seriously around here you also have to hate on this gentle little beauty.

I don't think it's a bad song. I love the guitar work in particular. It's common knowledge that the band (at least Geddy and Alex anyway) thinks it was a mistake to have recorded it with the lyrics that Neil came up with. It's hard to be objective about a song when you know that the band themselves have mixed feelings.

It's common knowledge that the band (at least Geddy and Alex anyway) thinks it was a mistake to have recorded it with the lyrics that Neil came up with. It's hard to be objective about a song when you know that the band themselves have mixed feelings.

I could come up with a double album of good songs that those fools have "mixed feelings" about.

I agree with all the positive reviews. the whole HYF albums is such a diverse album touch some mny different music styles and such a departure from the rush sound. It is a nice change of pace

Personally, I think it to be near flawless. A work of art, and too easily overlooked by those who merely look at the surface.

• Like 3

I agree with all the positive reviews. the whole HYF albums is such a diverse album touch some mny different music styles and such a departure from the rush sound. It is a nice change of pace

Personally, I think it to be near flawless. A work of art, and too easily overlooked by those who merely look at the surface.

Absolutely.

• Like 1

Personally Find it to be one of the bands most beautifully produced and arranged ambient songs. Extra points for making an epic short and sweet.

Just as everyone around here seems to act like Hemispheres is the be all and end all of life itself, it seems that to be taken seriously around here you also have to hate on this gentle little beauty.

Agreed. Perfectly said. The be all and end all.

;-)

• Like 1

Nice song, better than La Villa Strangiato

Hahahaha good one, dude!

Seriously though, I don't think it's garbage, but it would even be cheesy for a synth-pop band. They have some worse songs, but not many...

it seems that to be taken seriously around here you also have to hate on this gentle little beauty.

This is very close to how I feel about it, too. I do love Hemispheres as fervently as anyone- the most ridiculous degree of hyperbole is not enough.

But I feel the same way about Hold Your Fire as well!

I love plenty of Rush songs that get slammed by the many...everybody digs different things.

Tai Shan isn't a favorite, but it fits fine in the Hold Your Fire realm.

• Like 1